Skyline Chili

3.6

Kevin R. McDonnell

Supervisor

I worked at Skyline Chili

Pros

It was a very fun work environment. everyone got along and we had a fun time working.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say. I loved that job.

keep it up

The people are great and the company itself isn't bad as long as you're happy staying in one position indefinitely.

Former Employee - Restaurant Manager  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Skyline Chili full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent pay, excellent bosses, good company culture, good unique food

Cons

No upward mobility, there isn't a promote-from-within mentality as they constantly shuffle outside managers in to take positions current qualified managers could easily possess.

Look at the people you already have and promote from within.

my experience was like any other restaurant. drama and hard work for little pay. its okay for a first time job.

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Skyline Chili part-time for more than a year

Pros

management was flexible with the staff

Cons

drama drama drama almost like high school and the management was usually in on it

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to waitress!

I worked at Skyline Chili

Pros

Great management, well-trained staff, enjoyable customers, quick table turnover allowing for tips to come in very quickly

Cons

Smell like chili when you go home for the day

Great first job

Former Employee - Cashier/Drive Thru  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Cashier/Drive Thru in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Skyline Chili part-time for more than a year

Pros

-It was great for a student's schedule, very flexible with hours.
    -You were given a set schedule, which was a plus for me, personally.
    -It was a great first job for younger people.
    -Coworkers are fun and friendly
    -Busy work environment

Cons

I can't think of many negative things to say besides getting off. Since you have a set schedule, it is completely your responsibility to find someone to work for you if you want off.

Ok, but not great

Former Employee - Shift Manager  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Shift Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Skyline Chili part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The benefits of working at Skyline include a decently enjoyable work atmosphere as well as free food. I worked at Skyline for 7 years and found that it will probably be the easiest job I will ever have. They do not expect much out of you, and I've noted it is pretty difficult to get fired. I've seen people walk out on their shifts and still have jobs. The company has been sued a few times and will do whatever they have to do to prevent any lawsuits. So your calls to HR will surely be handled and dealt with. The hours vary on location; some locations are open until 1-3 am while others close at 9. The positive side to open late is that there is plenty of hours to go around. Your co-workers aren't extremely motivated, so you will get plenty of opportunities to pick up shifts. Good deal for people who don't go to college.

Cons

The pay was pretty bad. After 7 years, I left as a shift manager making $9.35. They do not particularly recognize hard work and favoritism is a major problem in every store I ever worked (worked primarily at one location, but filled in at several stores when they were short on shift managers.) The majority of the people who work at Skyline aren't educated and there are many former felons because Skyline loves the tax breaks. Most of the people at the corporate office (but not all) seem like they are equally incompetent and there are very few people within this company that have actual bachelors degrees. The General Manager job, in my opinion, is the best job I've seen in the company. AGMs do very similar work as the GM but are paid substantially less. Be prepared to work with some very unmotivated people who lack education. Most people I worked with were on public assistance because they didn't make much money at all.

Start rewarding loyalty and promote from within. The pay is terrible all around unless you're a GM. The District Managers need to actually get out into the stores and actually spend a day in the employee's shoes instead of barking out orders without any actual real information.

A great place to serve!

Former Employee - Server  in  Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Server in Mason, OH

I worked at Skyline Chili part-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy money. Easy schedule. Easy hours. Great place to work in high school or college. I enjoyed working there because they were flexible with my school schedule.

Cons

The cleaning! Sometimes the customers can be difficult to deal with but for the most part if you do your job, you'll get tips and make money.

Fun environment, good money

I worked at Skyline Chili

Pros

Fun environment, fast paced, never boring

Cons

Unpredictable hours, weekend and late night hours

Easy serving job

Former Employee - Server  in  West Chester, OH
    Former Employee - Server in West Chester, OH

I worked at Skyline Chili part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good hours, free food, easy work

Cons

poor, lazy management. no appreciation for hard work

Management needs to treat all employees equal.

Great experience but depends on the store

Former Employee - Production - Cook  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Production - Cook in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Skyline Chili part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Skyline is a great organization to work for, schedules are made flexible by understanding managers and helpful coworkers. Employees are easy to get along with and have been helpful in my many years experience.

Cons

I moved from a store that expected nothing but hard work and enthusiasm from all employees to a poor atmosphere store where work ethic suffered as the owner didnt spend enough time there. Coworkers' poor attitudes brought me down and affected my work ethic as well. Servers also complain about poor tips.

Set the right example for employees and dont put up with poor work ethic, it is contagious.

Skyline Chili Photos

My Second Home

+ Add Photo

Worked for Skyline Chili? Contribute to the Community!