Skyline Technology Solutions

Brian Holsonbake

1. There's no place like Skyline

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Skyline Technology Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at Skyline less than a year and absolutely LOVE working here. We are all part of a team that works together to provide the best possible product, service and technology solutions for our customers. No one member of the team is more important than the other, and the President/Owner, CEO, CFO and COO all work to provide the best for all of us. It's not uncommon for Tony D. to help clean up after a business lunch or Summit dinner. He's the most encouraging and considerate person I've ever worked with.

Cons

The only con I can even think of is, Skyline has been so wonderful to work for, they've made it difficult for me to leave. Seriously, working at Skyline has taught me to communicate better, seek to work on establishing clear understanding with coworkers on expectations and work together for the good of the service we provide our clients. Tomorrow is my last day because my family and I are moving to Texas.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing at Skyline. Not everyone will understand or appreciate it, but how you serve your employees and what you provide them with, are far more valuable than money can buy.

2. Great Company, Great Culture

Pros

The people who work here really care about one another. Although the interview process is lengthy, the point behind it really shows how much the company wants to make Skyline a place where people grow their careers. The opportunity for advancement at Skyline is also a huge perk.

Cons

Salary here at Skyline is less than average.

3. Pay is Horrendous.They pay in Friendships.Really creepy Enviro

Current Employee - MSC Tech in Glen Burnie, MD

I have been working at Skyline Technology Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Okay...I am a current employee.The Mgt. here tries they really do try and convince you that MONEY is just some inconvenient thing that nobody really needs or wants as far as they are concerned here.They told me at my interview last year "We pay 25-35 percent below the market value of a potential candidate.I was desperate at the time and agreed.Unbelievable and true everyone here is miserable on the inside and and smile like a STEPFORD WIFE on the outside really really creepy.You see here is the deal here.....

Cons

You see here is the deal here.....Skyline hires only the DESPERATE willing to work for 25-35 percent less than they are worth....but they will accept you with little or NO skillset.....SO to the experienced you will be working with complete idiots and to the non-skilled that get hired here...they will bait U in with all these promises of coaching and helping you.....YEAH only if you come in on your day OFF....Man I was extremely disappointed with this....Beware look here is an example my first interview they gave me 20 question test and then presented me with 30 page detailed write out about my personality REALLY....And then the SUMMITS where they try and probe your brain.....u sit in the middle of the room like a first grader and your teammates tell you all the things you can improve on....Please pass on this position at Skyline.I took the time outta my day to present these things to you so you will not get stuck here.Thank you.

Advice to Management

PAY your people BRIAN...Money is important and does have real quality of life issues tied to it...CEO Brian Holsombake is a fake person who invented this fake system of making lifelong friends at work....and MONEY is just an Obstacle or some kind of non-important entity is sickening...realy this place is a sweat shop and I cannot wait to get out of here.

Great Company: Not absolutely perfect, but as close as you'll find anywhere in the local area and beyond in the field.

Pros

Ample resources to learn new technologies, friendly and non-toxic environment, flex scheduling for some positions. Great benefits and perks.

Cons

Communication is stressed highly, but the corporate miasma still pervades on occasion, and in some departmental relationships. The company strives to eliminate this, to its credit.

Advice to Management

While the pay scale is lower than average in the IT field, they do focus on the candidate, and even if their skills aren't quite what they should be, they will make huge exceptions for cultural compatibility and coach ability. Merit based raises with incremental frequency should be implemented more.

6. developer

Current Employee - Developer in Glen Burnie, MD
    Current Employee - Developer in Glen Burnie, MD

Pros

great team environment, the people are really smart and help you with all the work. the physical environment is easy

Cons

outside of city in glen burnie. it would be more fun to be in federal hill, Baltimore, or even colubmia

Advice to Management

listen to the employees and don't assume you know everything. the world of software product development is changing so quickly and models brought from differ net industries need to be adapted

7. A fantastic environment that grows its employees and goes the extra mile to make life better for its customers.

Pros

Great personal development opportunities, everyone from the Owner to the summer interns are held to the same high standard. The executive team knows everyone by name and truly are people of upstanding character. HR hires good people. Co-Workers are fantastic and much open communication happens between all employees from top to the bottom. Its not uncommon to see the Owner and CEO taking time to talk to temp workers.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any. This place isn't perfect....but its pretty close.

Pay is bad. Learning opportunities are good

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Glen Burnie, MD
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Glen Burnie, MD

I have been working at Skyline Technology Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The corporate culture here pushes everyone to grow constantly. If you want to have a paid boot-camp, this is the place.

Cons

That said the money isn't great. Promotions happen frequently without any addition to the number that counts. There's always far too much to be done. It's overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Skyline seems to be becoming a training grounds for great IT professionals. The turn-over can't be helping the bottom line.

9. Employed by Earth Security

Current Employee - Commercial Account Manager in Glen Burnie, MD
    Current Employee - Commercial Account Manager in Glen Burnie, MD

Pros

I had been a bit stagnant in my prevoius employment. My potential was recognized in my interviews. That potential has been developed by design and my career has really started moving forward again. I have a clear direction and increased motivation!

Cons

I'm so happy with my career now, my friends are actually a bit skeptical of how we operate. Hah!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work by surrounding us with more amazing individuals.

10. An amazing workplace where we are encouraged to grow and to meet our full potential

Current Employee - Webmaster/Web Developer in Glen Burnie, MD
    Current Employee - Webmaster/Web Developer in Glen Burnie, MD

Pros

Skyline Technology Solutions is the best place to work for high performers, people who love to drive positive change and people who love to bring positive values. Every new hire is expected to attend a communication class that is designed to teach every employee to communicate better to each other because Skyline leadership team members believe that having a good communication skill is crucial to the success of the business. The communication class is not the only thing that Skyline offers to its employees. Skyline leadership team provides business books, communication books and self-improvement books to its employees. I love the fact that Skyline leadership team truly and genuinely cares about every employee's well-being and professional and personal growth. It is a workplace where I want to go to every morning without hesitation because I love my work and the people at Skyline and I want Skyline to become very successful today and in the future! Thank you to Skyline Technology Solutions leadership team, especially Brian Holsonbake who created an awesome workplace culture, I greatly appreciate it!

Cons

Skyline Technology Solutions is a fast-growing company and dynamic place to work, so if you like to sit around, do nothing all day and don't like to grow professionally and personally, the work place is not for you.

Advice to Management

Thank you for everything and keep up the great work!

Place where cultural values and maximum experience are meeting

Current Employee - MSC Tech in Glen Burnie, MD

Pros

Place where cultural values and maximum experience are meeting

Cons

If your work ethics are not high then Skyline is not the place for you

RSS Feed </> Embed