Skyworks Solutions

Skyworks Solutions President, CEO, and Director David J. Aldrich

David J. Aldrich

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Skyworks

Principal Design Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Skyworks Solutions for more than 8 years

ProsSkyworks is a great company with a lot of inovative talent

ConsDesign schedules are tight because of a lot of competitive pressure.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

It used to be a good company before they hired so many management.

Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at Skyworks Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

ProsFor hourly employees it's OK because overtime is offered. The compressed work week allows many days off. They pay a percentage for continued education.

ConsThe companies management could use some work. On the day shifts you have about six leads/supervisors for 30 production technicians on shift. That does not include the fab manager and director. That is more management than during the six inch upgrades. I do not understand how that is lean manufacturing. The production floor has high turnover because of this. Equipment support also has two directors than do not make very educated decisions, Process engineering also has too many managers with one per area. This facility is too small for that.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring managers with no education. They are the a big factor in why production has a very low morale. The managers should take care of there own areas and not try to constantly make other departments fight. Why not make two production supervisors that can split up the work equally. Remove the surplus managers in all areas that do not do much.

Shareholders are #1

Process Engineering Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at Skyworks Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

ProsManagement has a good open door policy and are good at training and expanding employees' knowledge base.

ConsThe focus is always on shareholders and Wall Street, not the employees

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on keeping morale up, don't sweep problems under the rug and don't be afraid of confrontation

Most parts of company are good to work for but Newbury Park is behind other locations

Newbury Park, CA

I have been working at Skyworks Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsGood benefits. Good salary. Good locations in US. Overall I enjoy working for Skyworks. I would advise working for Skyworks in most functional areas of the company.

ConsManagement will take advantage of employees. Management at Newbury Park does not seem to have the same appreciation for employees as other locations. I would advise working for Skyworks in other locations, but not necessarily ijn Newbury Park. Seems to be lack of trust of even Sr. level engineers. Management treats Sr. level engineers like technicians.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to replace management at mid- and senior-levels. Develop a sense of trust with employees and between sites. A lot of "controls" are in place that act as barriers to excellence. If employees are worth hiring they are worth trusting.

Great place to work, management needs to work on some things though

Executive Assistant (Former Employee)
Newbury Park, CA

I worked at Skyworks Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat benefits, positive and supportive co-workers, encouragement to grow, takes care of their employees.

ConsSome of the management there tends to play "favorites" and allows certain individuals to get away with anything while others get spoken to about the slightest mistake. There needs to be more of a balance. You also have alot of the politics and the gossip that comes from anywhere, but when management is involved in it, then thats pretty bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more professional, dont favor certain employees, and look at the big picture of what your employees do on a daily basis, not just zero in on the minor mistakes. This lowers morale significantly when you focus on the petty stuff and dont acknowledge the big things at all.

Potentially solid company

I have been working at Skyworks Solutions

ProsDiverse demographic
Stability
Growing company - currently leader in its field.
Flexible work schedule

ConsMediocre salary/raises
Top performers not given enough motivation.
Advancement opportunities are limited

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's okay to give higher raises to top 5-10% performers - not everyone has to be treated on the same scale.
Please continue investing in infrastructure and new technologies.
Experience is not everything, performance is!
Need big time pay increases for older employees.

SWKS is the same old style.

Senior Quality Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Skyworks Solutions

ProsNone that I can think of.

ConsA lot of. Some of them already rated.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. Nobody wants to listen.

Worked for Skyworks Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Skyworks Solutions reviews and ratings in Newbury Park, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Skyworks Solutions CEO David J. Aldrich. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Skyworks Solutions employees.