Skyworks Solutions

Skyworks Solutions Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Skyworks Solutions President, CEO, and Director David J. Aldrich

David J. Aldrich

I am working at Skyworks Solutions Inc as Research Assistant, in designing pHEMT small and large signal model

Research Assistant (Current Employee) Woburn, MA

ProsIt is a very good place to work with great people around you to help you in doubts

ConsYou get to learn new and new things and get good hands on experience on the lab instruments and all the devices.

Fast growing company with a dynamic work environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsVery agile company. Effectively manages internal development while keeping pace with the rapidly changing industry and demanding customer schedules. Ability to make direct impact on business results. Employee reward programs are excellent. Equity programs are a huge +!

ConsCompany is in a transition from a smaller mid-sized company to a larger mid-sized global organization. Need org development to ensure silos do not develop and insufficient processes do not hamper growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep valuing employees...they're what makes a great company

Good to work environment

Staff Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

Pros- Doesn`t waste money and make profit
    - OK stock provision
    - properly nice co-workers/managers and sort of like family business
    - motly technology oriented work

Cons- no big motivation to work very hard
    - not easy salary increase
    - no team building activities

Advice to Senior Management- more team building and motivation for hard work

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The most stressful company I ever worked for.

Engineer Technician (Former Employee) Woburn, MA

ProsLearning high tech and and how to deal with stress.

ConsThe only thing the company cares about is the next quarterly report. The only motivation they can offer to a employee is the threat of losing their job.

Best managed semiconductor Company

Principal Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsUpper management cares about the company, the employees, values and responsibilities towards USA people, such as keeping employment in USA. It has great ethics, always on the look out to make the company successful, to find new business opportunities. Excellent money management skills, always having plenty of cash in the bank, always pushing to cut the cost, never waste money, always careful about capital equipment purchase and other overhead. They know how to run business and they are generous to share the wealth.

ConsSometimes there is too much politics in the satellite factories (I don't know about Woburn) and the upper management does not get to see the truth.

A lot of work. Corporate recognition.

EE II (Current Employee) Cedar Rapids, IA

ProsLots of work. Lots of work. Lots of work. Everyone works likes a dog and expects you to too.

ConsNot much recognition. Management is so busy they don't have time to give you an actual review.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit being so political

Good company to work for

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Woburn, MA

ProsSome good technical people. Management is focused on delivery of products and shareholder return.

ConsSimilar to any midsize company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink more about future products and direction.

I had a great experience working as an intern at Skyworks Solutions for two years.

Test Hardware Engineering Intern (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsSkyworks Solutions has a great intern program. They make sure to really prepare their interns for the "real world" by exposing them to real projects and subjects that aren't specifically taught in school. As an intern I was expected to work about 20 hours per week, but my manager was very understanding during midterms and finals.
    Skyworks has a great work environment, and everyone is very friendly.
    I really enjoyed my job and have no complaints about this company.

ConsThere were no downsides for me when working at Skyworks Solutions. I thoroughly enjoyed my job and the people I worked with.

Major Management Shakeups 1X per year

Engineer (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsIt's a large company, if you are with the right manager, there are professional training opportunities. Salary range is commensurate with other large semiconductor companies.

ConsDownsides- the Santa Clara Design center, it is a struggling business unit in decline. Many former National Semi managers hold mgmt positions so they bring that bureaucratic culture and are not as agile as they should be.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at long term goals instead of short term wins..

It used to be a good company before they hired so many management.

Technician (Former Employee) Newbury Park, CA

ProsFor hourly employees it's OK because overtime is offered. The compressed work week allows many days off. They pay a percentage for continued education.

ConsThe companies management could use some work. On the day shifts you have about six leads/supervisors for 30 production technicians on shift. That does not include the fab manager and director. That is more management than during the six inch upgrades. I do not understand how that is lean manufacturing. The production floor has high turnover because of this. Equipment support also has two directors than do not make very educated decisions, Process engineering also has too many managers with one per area. This facility is too small for that.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring managers with no education. They are the a big factor in why production has a very low morale. The managers should take care of there own areas and not try to constantly make other departments fight. Why not make two production supervisors that can split up the work equally. Remove the surplus managers in all areas that do not do much.

Worked for Skyworks Solutions? Contribute to the Community!