Slakey Brothers Reviews

1. Great employee owned (ESOP) company to work for that will grow in the future

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative

I have been working at Slakey Brothers

Pros

Competitive salary Family like environment. Employees want to work hard for each other. Close at 4:30 each day ESOP - profits flow back through to the employees Management does not breathe down your neck - they allow you to focus on your job and be free to perform Strong benefits, matching 401k The company has a strong percentage of the workforce that are getting closer to retirement which opens alot of doors for younger people

Cons

Some operational inefficiencies compared to larger corporations. If you like working in a highly structured environment this is not the company for you. There is room for better standard operating procedures to be in place. I think it will take some new talent to achieve this.

Advice to Management

Not much advice to give - it's a great company. I think to improve the company needs to hire some operational talent to dial in on some of the inventory management and working capital piece. Maybe Slakey 'bleeds' too much money away in areas. Also it seems there is low turnover - I feel the workforce could be more talented in areas. Some hires have clearly not worked out but are still employees.

2. A Big Corporation With a Small Company Feel

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Reno, NV

I have been working at Slakey Brothers

Pros

Slakey Bros. is an employee owned company so we all feel we are working for the good of all of us. My experience has been positive and the "doors have been opening" almost since I got there. Management is in tune with the "talent" within the company and those talented employees seem to move up quickly.

Cons

Employees like to know whats going on around them and Slakey Bros. seems to have an " need to know basis only" attitude.

Advice to Management

There are alot of smart people in this company with alot of good ideas... listen to them.

3. It's not your fault

Former Employee - Employee in Elk Grove, CA
    Former Employee - Employee in Elk Grove, CA

I worked at Slakey Brothers

Pros

Good atmosphere for getting know new people and building trust of your team

Cons

bad time to be in the industry

Advice to Management

look out for the little people

RSS Feed </> Embed