Slalom Consulting

Slalom Consulting Reviews in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 12, 2014

Slalom Consulting CEO Brad Jackson

Brad Jackson

Pros
  • Work-life balance is a priority and you can truly can go and grow at your own speed(in 61 reviews)

• Great culture and management listens to employees(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Staff Aug everywhere even when they say it's not it is what it is(in 16 reviews)

• A lot of roles fall in the "staff augmentation" category(in 15 reviews)

33 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Awesome Company

Solution Principal (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat growth
    People are awesome, one big happy family

Consno clarity on promotion
    not much pto

Advice to Senior ManagementMake promotion process more transparent
    More PTO
    More sexy work/projects

Slalom Consulting President & Co-founder, North America responded to this review

Jul 21, 2014

This is John Tobin - I appreciate your positive feedback and will make sure the rest of the leadership team (and your team in Chicago) hears your comments. If there’s anything else you’d like to ... More

Great projects, people, and customers.

Solution Architect (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWork/life balance is awesome compared to other consulting companies and the projects are always interesting.

ConsNone that I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Overall very happy and stimulated at work. Great Culture that welcomes new ideas and combines it with experience.

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsChallenging projects and work, Good People,

ConsNone really, environment is better than other competitors in the industry

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great culture and very talented people

Consultant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

Prospeople
    culture
    local consulting model
    strong leadership

ConsI can't think of any drawbacks, but it is a young company with less formalization

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Best Place to Work

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWork/Life Balance
    Great Clients
    Great Co-Workers
    Great Culture!

ConsPersonal Development is more up to the individual to foster their own learning/career advancement.

Great company for a self-starter

Solutions Architect (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat culture and management listens to employees. Some fantastic co-workers. Have to be a go-getter and self-starter. As they have a mix of Management Consultants and Technical Consultants there is a lot of variety in the projects they get called in for.

ConsStill a lot of staff augmentation type work. Benefits still on the leaner side. Improving though.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't just focus on growth, but hiring the right people and focus on the long-term strategic vision to become a top-notch consulting company.

Great company

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat people and a great company, the consultants get to work in their home town.

ConsGreat company, I think management does a great job,

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a great job, keep it up.

Great culture with strong focus on work life balance

Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsSlalom is fantastic if you are great at self promotion. The horizontal organizational structure requires you to find ways to differentiate yourself through things other than title. This is a huge 'Pro' depending on your personality and drive. The focus on people is also very, very real. Slalom recognizes us as their greatest asset and reminds everyone of this focus on a very regular basis. Great office events. Did I mention the people? The people are great.

ConsA majority of the client work is focused on roles that would otherwise be considered staff augmentation work. While I understand the importance of maintaining a semblance of the staff augmentation business model (for reasons of blending out variability in revenue, etc.), the associated work may not be what new hires are sold on.

Advice to Senior ManagementA vertical structure would not be the end of Slalom culture. In fact, creating more structure would better enable career growth and progression through the facilitation of a more formal development structure.

Great people, great opportunities

Solution Architect (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWork for local markets - minimal travel, great way to build teams. Good work-life balance.

ConsAway from home office/colleagues quite a bit on account on engagement with clients but that's how consulting works.

Best consulting company hands down!!

Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsTons of events.. smart coworkers

Conscould do better on benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue doing great work

Worked for Slalom Consulting? Contribute to the Community!