Slalom Consulting

Slalom Consulting Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2014

Slalom Consulting CEO Brad Jackson

Brad Jackson

Pros:
  • "Work-life balance is a priority and you can truly can go and grow at your own speed"
    in 58 reviews
  • "Great culture and management listens to employees"
    in 21 reviews
Cons:
  • "Staff Aug everywhere even when they say it's not it is what it is"
    in 15 reviews
  • "A lot of roles fall in the "staff augmentation" category"
    in 15 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Company in rapid growth mode with opportunities aplenty for those who want to take control of their careers.

San Francisco, CA

ProsThere is so much really cool stuff happening at Slalom right now. They continue to expand their reach around the US with new market launches at around two per year and are even gearing up for moving international with the launch of London. It's not just geographic expansion, but capabilities as well. Over the past two years alone, Slalom has launched a Customer Engagement practice and a Digital practice. All that aside, the culture of ambitious, smart, fun-loving and active people is one of the most authentic and uplifting environments I have ever worked in.

ConsRapid growth and constant change is exciting, but can also create some uncertainty for people that don't easily see the big picture.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to foster - no, refocus your efforts on creating a culture of inclusion and connection with all people. Even though everyone is busy, there's always time to meet a new person and make sure everyone feels connected with Slalom.

Slalom is a remarkable pool of talented people I enjoy working with every day.

Atlanta, GA

ProsSlalom does not really do a lot of staff-aug work. Every project I have been on has been a very high value, cutting edge project with a very cool client. I am never bored at work and generally enjoy the staffing. Slalom is also no travel.

ConsThe benefits are not that great at all. The healthcare packages are expensive for what they are. There is little paid time off, for instance, after 24 mo., you get 144 hours, but before that you only get two weeks. It should also be mentioned that PTO and sick days are combined in the same hours set. The 401(k) is also weak in match with a bunch of requirements attached to it. There is also a big imbalance between the technology services and the business consulting groups when it comes to work-life balance. The IT projects are usually over 40 hour weeks and recruiting can never seem to hire people fast enough to match growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementSlalom needs to review the benefits and become a sought after leader in getting this right. If Slalom's leadership places as much value as they say in their people and culture, they should shift the company to be the model to go after for employee quality of life.

CANNOT DESCRIBE HOW AMAZING THIS PLACE IS

Management Consultant (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

Pros- They only hire the best, everyone you work with will challenge you and be a team player
    - Excellent leadership, leaders are authentic, decisive, and know how to balance business needs while still developing and challenging their employees
    - When they say work life balance - they mean it. High competitive salaries, yet you work the schedule you need to work to get client work done.
    - Very unique culture. innovation is key.... rarely hear someone say no... but rather, let's try it!

Cons- Like other consulting firms, you can find yourself in a role that can feel staff aug - but as long as you articulate yourself to management... they will move you out of the role.
    - Can be hard to move up in the company, sometimes career paths are unclear because of unique structure

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Consultant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunities for growth
    Good Pay
    Smart and young folks

ConsInternal systems
    Paid time off policy

Great company and interesting work.

Seattle, WA

ProsTop clients and great projects. The work life balance is fantastic for consultants and there is lots of individual opportunity good those who want to go the extra mile.

ConsLong stints at projects can lead to a disconnected feeling from the office. Three are lots of social events designed to connect everyone however.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrowth is huge right now. Don't lose the small company agility that often goes with growth.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Still a great place to work!

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsCompany leaders still take feedback and want to make it right for consultants.

ConsSalary is stuNted; you'll come in competitive then it's a dollar here or ther for raises and occasionally a big bonus.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working on competitive salaries. Other consulting companies offer a heck of a lot more.

Great projects, people, and customers.

Solution Architect (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsWork/life balance is awesome compared to other consulting companies and the projects are always interesting.

ConsNone that I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Great place to work

ProsGreat management
    Great benefits
    Still offers Sabbatical
    Very collaborative environment
    Everyone really wants the best for customers, which is very rare.

ConsThe customers aren't always the greatest. But that is one of the reasons they need a consultant.

Advice to Senior ManagementSlalom could improve the process of weeding out bad customers and focusing on good ones. I have occasionally been staffed at a "bad" customer over a good one.

Great Company that really cares about their employees

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGreat Group of coworkers
    Challenging work
    Access to and involvement with upper management
    Shown appreciation for work
    Team happy hours, bbqs, social events, etc... (always something going on)
    Provided paths for career advancement
    Great work life balance (knowing that sometimes 50+ hour work weeks do happen, though is not the norm)

ConsCompensation is slightly under market value for some positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep reaching out to your employees. Keep providing career advancement and keep striving to meet market value for your talent.

One of and probably the best company that I have ever worked for.

Business Intelligence Consultant (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsConsistently rated as one of the top places to work. Each market in many ways is autonomous, but has support and input into the national strategy. I love the small company feel with mostly marquis clients and decent to great projects. Many great events and fun people to be around.

ConsEvery situation is different, but you may not get the support and mentoring that you were promised or expected. Don;t wait around for your CM to engage in this area. Having said that I believe that they are trying to improve in this area.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo the extra mile and provide slightly better benefits.

Worked for Slalom Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Slalom Consulting Videos

Slalom Consulting – Why Work for Us?

What makes us unique? Slalom Consulting brings business and technology expertise together to help companies drive enterprise performance, accelerate innovation, enhance the customer experience, and increase employee… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Slalom Consulting reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Slalom Consulting CEO Brad Jackson. All 283 reviews posted anonymously by Slalom Consulting employees.