Slalom Consulting

Slalom Consulting Reviews

4.0

Slalom Consulting CEO Brad Jackson
Brad Jackson

Pros
  • Work-life balance is a priority and you can truly can go and grow at your own speed (in 69 reviews)

• Great Culture, strong consultants, pushing towards a services oriented model placing teams to deliver results to clients (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Staff Aug everywhere even when they say it's not it is what it is (in 16 reviews)

• Too much staff augmentation projects (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Employee friendly company focused on the customer and creative delivery

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Slalom Consulting

Pros

Local model, focused delivery, management support, great social atmosphere, like minded people to work with.

Cons

Excessive overhead management compensation takes from employee benefits and salary.

Allow consultants to incur more expenses, including client lunches, trips, get together and the like. reward employees more, especially with intrinsic cultural rewards and small cash "thank you" hand outs as these are easier for our personality types to handle over sincere appreciation which is not possible from our kind of folks. Once the company makes a certain percentage over the employee's compensation, reward the excessive bill rate with excessive bonus beyond the stated HR policy.

It is a much better place than competing technology consulting firms!

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Slalom Consulting

Pros

My coworkers are competent, well spoken and simply "get it". Not only do you not have to clean up other peoples messes on projects, you get to choose which projects and opportunities you personally want to pursue.

Cons

It's just as much driving as other firms, but that's no surprise given our location in Southern California.

Keep growing our company and our presence locally!

Interns are disposable, not an asset

Former Employee - MBA Intern  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - MBA Intern in Seattle, WA

I worked at Slalom Consulting

Pros

View from the 19th floor, really nice and smart consultants

Cons

Low pay for MBA interns, projects lack intellectual rigor, management too focused on her own projects to empower employees

Hire an undergraduate intern to do grunt work. Use your MBA interns to move the company forward.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A consulting firm that has finally got it right

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Slalom Consulting

Pros

Slalom has awesome people. Their are not only great consultants, but they are all people I would genuinely consider friends outside of the workplace. Local work is a huge plus and allows everyone an opportunity to have a life after work. The flat structure also makes the Sr. Leadership very accessible - very different from the Big 4.

Cons

We're small and we can't offer every technology under the sun like larger firms. So if you're an SAP guru, you might not have the opportunity to work on an SAP project every time. That said, the consultants are usually strong enough to tackle whatever is thrown at them.

Keep up the good work. Every office is growing. We're opening offices in new cities and expanding our offerings in existing offices. Great time to be a consultant at Slalom.

Keeps you challenged everyday, felt supported and recognized for great work ... Inspired to go to work everyday ...

Current Employee - Technology Solutions  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Technology Solutions in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Slalom Consulting

Pros

Working with talented people, hourly compensation which provides ability to earn more when possible, personal touch of management

Cons

Long drives which can also be used for listening to audios, etc ... you just need to be creative

Keep it up! And please don't lose the personal touch to the team / employees and in your management style

Slalom Lives Up to the Press

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Slalom Consulting

Pros

Work/Life balance is not just talk with the company. They follow through and make good on that commitment.
    Benefits are good quality and reasonably priced. YOY increase in prices are minimal compared to others I am aware of.
    Management/executives are approachable, open to feedback and empowering to consultants.

Cons

There is no Eastside office in the Seattle area so anytime that an office visit is required means crossing the water and finding parking.
    Really... that's it so far.

Keep doing what you are doing. In a time when many companies are contracting, Slalom is growing and passing the benefits of growth on to the consultants.
    Continue with the attitude of servant leadership - demonstrated at the fall getaway when management and executives took on the roles of waiters and chefs to serve the employees all weekend.
    Keep having fun. Don't let the complaints about frat house mentality make you dull.

Culture and environment are very startup-ish

Current Employee - Management Consultant  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Management Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Slalom Consulting

Pros

Smart people
    Not following the traditional "up or out" model
    Supportive management - they all know your names
    Enthusiastic people
    Fast paste & growth

Cons

Overall benefit package
    No 401K match
    Very little number of PTO days & Holidays (subpar to companies in the industry)
    No equity until after 3-4 years of service

Offer better benefits especially in the 401K match and PTO days.

Great Company, hard working colleagues, and having fun.

Current Employee - Management Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Management Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Slalom Consulting

Pros

Everyone contributes.
    Leadership accessibility
    independent spirit

Cons

average benefits
    PTO should be examined
    Onboarding is weak

Slalom provides a culture where hard work and contributions are recognized

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Slalom Consulting

Pros

As Slalom grows, the leadership team has done a great job of adjusting the organization and strategies to ensure future growth. These strategies are well thought out - addressing both target clients, and core consulting talents needed to support targeted growth. In addition to recruiting top talent from outside the organization, Slalom has also focused on improving the skills of current consultants through the development of a Career Development Framework. CDF is optional, but allows consultants to grow professionally into leadership positions, or to grow their consulting skills so that they can increase their value to clients. For those opting to participate in the leadership aspect of CDF, promotions are attainable - with some occurring within mere months of participation.

Slalom also strives to recognize consultants who go above and beyond for their clients, as well as those who go above and beyond for the organization. Overall, Slalom fosters growth opportunities for their consultants; and as with many things in life, "you get out of it what you put into it."

Cons

Slalom's benefit packages and vacation policies are middle of the road as compared with other local consulting firms. Improvements to either one would really go a long way to attract and retain top talent.

Keep listening to the employees and striving to make Slalom a top consulting firm as recognized by clients and employees alike.

Extremely rewarding organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Slalom Consulting

Pros

The people are simply amazing -- intelligent, dedicated, supportive, collaborative, client focused, etc. Everyday seems to bring new professional challenges, personal development and exciting delivery. Slalom Consulting is the real deal, and poised for continued growth and success. I've had the pleasure of working at Slalom for several years now and have every intention to continue for several more.

Cons

Communications and updates from our national/corporate teams could improve. What's new? What's in the pipeline that impacts employees. How are we enhancing business operations to better the organization? We regularly hear about exciting client delivery and overall business health, but not enough about our business internally.

Continue doing right by our clients and employees. Continue driving innovation and delivery across markets, solutions and internally. Continue investing in people and technology.

Worked for Slalom Consulting? Contribute to the Community!