Sleep Experts

Updated Jan 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Christine Cook

Growing business with great ethics!

I have been working at Sleep Experts

Prosadvancement opportunities and a really good mentoring program.

Conslots of time away from home/family

Advice to Senior Managementprovide a better work/life balance.

fake vanier

Arlington, TX

I have been working at Sleep Experts full-time for more than a year

Proscan run a second business

Consno marketing AT ALL IN THIS COMPANY

Advice to Senior Managementget marketing team together A AGGRGRE

Great company from top to bottom

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Sleep Experts full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThey stand behind their product and upper management is awesome

ConsRetail sales / management which means...work every weekend and every holiday.

Advice to Senior ManagementDont let mattress firm gain anymore market share

Great Company, Great Cuture.

I have been working at Sleep Experts full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThis is a company that is constantly trying to improve the lives of it's employee's and the communities that it serves. If you have worked here and left with a bad taste in your mouth, with all due respect you might want to take a look in the mirror.
Great company
Great place to work

ConsLong hours. If you choose to work in Retail you are going to work long hours. This is not the fault of Sleep Experts just the nature of retail.

Advice to Senior ManagementClose at 8 on the weekdays.

The best job I've ever had!

I have been working at Sleep Experts full-time for more than a year

Pros-Excellent ongoing training gives sales force a distinctive edge over competition
-Positive management style that encourages growth and helps sales people stay on track to meet their goals
- Sales people are empowered to help the customer which is awesome
-Good benefits
- Bosses who sincerely care about the well being of their employees
-Locally owned
-A strong culture based on philanthropy and growth
-Positive environment!!! Good performances routinely celebrated and rewarded
-Unlimited potential to make a good source of income
-Management listens openly to ideas
-So great I have recommended this job to several friends who feel the same way about this company
-It's what you make it. If you work at your craft, have a great attitude and have a great servant mind set of customer servioe - you will be a success!

Cons-Long retail hours: but, hey, you work in a store! Of course we work weekends and nights!

Advice to Senior ManagementI love you. Never change. Christine Cook is a beautiful person inside and out. It is an honor to work with such caring people who give back to the community. Sleep Experts has refurbished at their own expense over 11,000 unwanted old mattresses customers do not want anymore and those beds go to many area charities such as women's shelters and children's charities.

Work here at your own risk!

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Sleep Experts full-time for more than a year

ProsPay, work by yourself, some bonuses

ConsLong hrs with no lunch breaks from 10-9 most days. They talk about the culture that is pure fiction. Culture should be real and not something used to hide what really goes on. Best places to work is a sales tool nothing more. Different rules depending on who you are. Horrible benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people the way you would want to be treated. Stop putting profit over people. Think before you open your mouth to judge or criticize other people, this is not a motivating tool. Have compassion for your fellow man. After all that is what the culture is right?

Sales Associate

I have been working at Sleep Experts full-time for more than a year

ProsPotential salary is fair and product given to sell is desirable product. The selling system in place is easy to learn and for the most part easy to use.

ConsThere is a huge gap between top performers and medium performers. The culture they sell you upon hiring is a myth. Upper management cares little to manage day to day problems and often washes there hands of any when they arise. You work eleven hour shifts with no break, because you are by yourself and can not leave even for lunch. Benefits are not easily used though they cost the employees a lot of money and half the time. The hire with promise of internal development but there is little outside operations.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach, you do not own any of your employees. Utilize your mission statement and your employees would be happier, making your turnover lower.

Great place for the right person

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Cedar Hill, TX

I worked at Sleep Experts full-time for less than a year

ProsExcellent corporate culture and training. This company really does have an interest in improving the lives of their employees. You are never in constant fear of losing your job because of low numbers. If you show effort and have a positive attitude, they will do everything they can to help you succeed. Even after leaving, I would never consider buying a bed from anywhere else.

ConsRetail hours. Working every Sunday leaves a lot to be desired in terms of work/life balance. This is a job where you have to be passionate about either helping people, retail sales, or the bedding industry in general. It can be very easy to get dragged down by the grind of a retail environment if you don't find things to love about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat company, with a great corporate structure behind it. Only things I would change are necessary evils of a retail and promotion driven industry.

It's so great to work for a company that has values, that gives SO much to customers, the community & employees!

Sale Associate (Current Employee)
Frisco, TX

I have been working at Sleep Experts

ProsYou get to improve the quality of your life & everyone around you ,especially by helping people sleep better!

ConsLong hours- retail hours. Holidays & weekends. 12-14 hr days. Alot meetings & training, but neccessary & worth it!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing! As always more one on one time in ongoing training would be great

Sleep Experts is changing the image of mattress retailers (and mattress salespersons).

I have been working at Sleep Experts

ProsWhen I first started working here I was looking for something that I could get into quickly and move on in a year or so- that was almost 7 years ago. After getting involved with the company and it's owners I was met with an experience that is hard to describe. First. the owners, Chis and Christine Cook are two of the nicest people I have ever met but more importantly they respect YOU. Everything is open door policy- there is no fear to voice your opinion, either good or bad. I can't help but respond to the comment that states it is great until you are fired because it is so backwards of the company's management style. If a person is having a performance issue then the person above him is given the responsibility to do whatever is necessary to help that person succeed. I could write an essay on my positive experience with Sleep Experts but the bottom line is that it is a great place to work, it is a FUN place to work and compensation and benefits are well above average for ANY kind of business.

ConsThe hours are tough but this is my first experience in retail and that is something that I just had to get used to.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf I have advice for the leadership I am free to give it straight to them and don't need to do it anonymously.

Worked for Sleep Experts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sleep Experts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sleep Experts CEO Christine Cook. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by Sleep Experts employees.