Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Sleep Number by Select Comfort Reviews

Updated Apr 18, 2014

Sleep Number by Select Comfort President & CEO Shelly Ibach

Shelly Ibach

Pros:
  • "Great product with great concept and innovative product"
    in 14 reviews
  • "I get to help people improve their lives (and sometimes save marriages) by improving the quailty of their sleep"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Most upper management is out of touch with the stores and have little to no interpersonal skills"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Most District Managers are out of touch and can destroy you and your store if they want"
    in 11 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great company to work for!

Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time for less than a year

ProsI love my job as a store manager. The job pays well and the hours are reasonable for retail. The product is great and the sales process very effective.

ConsOnly thing is work/life balance. Need to rotate some weekends off once in awhile.

Great company to work for.

Project Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort as a contractor for less than a year

ProsI really enjoyed the people I worked with and the projects I worked on.

ConsI didn't see anything negative while I worked there; I don't have any cons to give.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Great place to build a career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Irmo, SC

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time for more than 10 years

ProsFirst of all, the product is great. I have and always will be a fan of the Sleep Number bed. The company itself has a great management team who encourages employees to do their best and promote them based off of their strengths. I personally wouldn't be where I'm at if it wasn't for my 10+ years with this organization. They are well structured throughout, offer great benefits, and offer very competitive pay as well.

ConsThere's not many to list. It can be difficult to move up within the manufacturing facilities due to the overall lack of staff positions, which is to be expected with any company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

Flag Review

Sleep Number by Select Comfort Human Capital responded to this review

Mar 14, 2014

Thank you for your review. It is great to read your positive feelings towards Sleep Number, and thank you for spending 10 years with us!

Great working environment--I wish I'd found Sleep Number years ago

Human Resources (Current Employee)
Plymouth, MN

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time for more than a year

ProsI've been working for Sleep Number for just over a year. It has been a wonderful place to work and I only wish I'd found it much sooner than I did. The hiring process can be a bit demanding and they are very selective, but if you can get in the door, do it! Compensation and benefits are great. Work is rewarding and valued. I love coming into work!

• Environment is clean, modern, and well-kept
• Colleagues are a joy to work with
• Innovative culture makes it easy to stay excited about working here
• I'm valued for my individual strengths
• Great work-life balance
• Supportive culture

Cons• Some of upper management sometimes feels a little out of touch with the "worker bees" -- it might do them good to build rapport beyond their direct reports

A great place to make a difference!

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

ProsThe environment is welcome to new ideas, expects your opinion and suggestions on how to improve our processes, and demands us to give our best for our customers.

ConsI wish I would have joined the company earlier!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep informing us of what is coming and challenging us to be our best.

Flag Review

Sleep Number by Select Comfort Human Capital responded to this review

Oct 1, 2013

Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. Your feedback is certainly appreciated!

great opportunities available at growth company that allows for work / life balance

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time

Prosgreat opportunities for growth in matrixed organization growing at a rapid pace, management cares about employees and culture, good work / life balance, great products

Consi have no cons to share

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Exciting opportunities with a growing company

Digital Marketing (Current Employee)
Plymouth, MN

ProsGreat people. Smart leaders. Awesome products that really live up to their benefits. Growing company with many opportunities to make a difference in your career and in the development of the company.

ConsVery process-oriented corporate culture; too much at times. Should try to operate more like a start-up, and give more autonomy to employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more nimble; don't be afraid of mistakes; let your employees have more freedoms to take things and run with them; don't stress so much over everything aligning to a strategy. Sometimes, you have to do things because it's right, no necessarily because there's a strategy attached to it.

Sleep Number is one of the top 6 fastest growing retailers in the US.

Talent Acquisition Partner (Current Employee)
Plymouth, MN

ProsSleep Number offers an exciting environment if you are looking for a progressive growing company and values their employees.
We are innovative, offer products that improve the individual sleep experience, and contribute to individuals overall wellness.
It is exciting to be part of a company that so far has made an impact on over 8 million lives.
We are the 6th fastest growing retailer in the US. Sleep Number employees are passionate about the product and our work; you can feel partnership throughout the company as we work together towards a common goal. Everyday we challenge ourselves to excel, deliver an amazing product and a superior customer experience. Sleep Number offers flexibility in work schedules; generous discounts on products and a business casual environment all at our beautiful new facility complete with an onsite cafe and gym. Sleep number employees are rewarded because they are recognized for their accomplishments and challenged as professionals.

ConsI cannot think of one.

Advice to Senior ManagementSleep Number has a strong leadership team that is highly visable and approachable.

Coming to work and changing lives everday makes Sleep Number a great place to build a career!

Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time for more than 10 years

ProsStrong customer-driven culture
Exceptionally talented group of employees
Amazing product that improves people's lives

ConsHighly competitive landscape necessitates fast pace of change but adds to the excitement

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to live your mission and vision everyday

It was a great 6 years

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Akron, OH

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat pay, and great time dealing with customers

ConsThe mall hours are long and even longer in the holidays. When I worked there a lot of changes, but things have improved over time for them

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep improving.

Worked for Sleep Number by Select Comfort? Contribute to the Community!

Sleep Number by Select Comfort Videos

Sleep Number by Select Comfort – Why Work for Us?

We are Sleep Number. And for over 25 years, we’ve been changing the way the world sleeps—one person, one experience at a time. Based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, we are the designers, manufacturers, marketers and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sleep Number by Select Comfort reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sleep Number by Select Comfort CEO Shelly Ibach. All 119 reviews posted anonymously by Sleep Number by Select Comfort employees.