Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Sleep Number by Select Comfort Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Sleep Number by Select Comfort President & CEO Shelly Ibach

Shelly Ibach

Pros
  • Great product with great concept and innovative product (in 16 reviews)

• Flexibility in work/life balance depending on what area of the company you are in (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Horrible upper management starting with District Managers (in 14 reviews)

• Upper management not in touch with sales people (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Store Manager - Loved it

Store Manager (Former Employee) Amarillo, TX

ProsOwnership in my store, very little 'micro management'.
    Truly helped many people over the years, great feeling.

ConsWorked a lot of weeks without a day off during busy seasons.
    Marketing that works in large cities, does not work in rural environments.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet stores use some of the advertising budget on local things that work in that area. IE, newspaper inserts in a Thursday paper that gets little circulation may be better spent on a local radio station that reaches more shoppers.

Excellent organization

District Manager (Current Employee)

ProsExceptional pay, solid training, growth opportunity, extremely good product that actually delivers, sales orientation that is 100% customer oriented

ConsNot too many cons! Solid company

Great culture and great people!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Plymouth, MN

ProsThe people are real and really care about Improving lives!

ConsIt's hard to break in to other departments unless you know someone.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your front line representatives!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

serious about sleep

Sleep Associate (Current Employee) Shreveport, LA

ProsExcellent training, supportive team members, customer focused, products are easy to be proud of and sell themselves.

ConsFamily benefits are expensive - can't afford them. Corporate office seems out of touch with rest of company
    too much subjective power given to managers without monitoring them

Advice to Senior Managementremember who the first customer is: your sales force

Great company to work for!

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsI love my job as a store manager. The job pays well and the hours are reasonable for retail. The product is great and the sales process very effective.

ConsOnly thing is work/life balance. Need to rotate some weekends off once in awhile.

Great company to work for.

Project Coordinator (Former Employee)

ProsI really enjoyed the people I worked with and the projects I worked on.

ConsI didn't see anything negative while I worked there; I don't have any cons to give.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Great place to build a career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Irmo, SC

ProsFirst of all, the product is great. I have and always will be a fan of the Sleep Number bed. The company itself has a great management team who encourages employees to do their best and promote them based off of their strengths. I personally wouldn't be where I'm at if it wasn't for my 10+ years with this organization. They are well structured throughout, offer great benefits, and offer very competitive pay as well.

ConsThere's not many to list. It can be difficult to move up within the manufacturing facilities due to the overall lack of staff positions, which is to be expected with any company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

Sleep Number by Select Comfort Response

Mar 14, 2014Human Capital

Thank you for your review. It is great to read your positive feelings towards Sleep Number, and thank you for spending 10 years with us!

Great working environment--I wish I'd found Sleep Number years ago

Human Resources (Current Employee) Plymouth, MN

ProsI've been working for Sleep Number for just over a year. It has been a wonderful place to work and I only wish I'd found it much sooner than I did. The hiring process can be a bit demanding and they are very selective, but if you can get in the door, do it! Compensation and benefits are great. Work is rewarding and valued. I love coming into work!

• Environment is clean, modern, and well-kept
    • Colleagues are a joy to work with
    • Innovative culture makes it easy to stay excited about working here
    • I'm valued for my individual strengths
    • Great work-life balance
    • Supportive culture

Cons• Some of upper management sometimes feels a little out of touch with the "worker bees" -- it might do them good to build rapport beyond their direct reports

A great place to make a difference!

ProsThe environment is welcome to new ideas, expects your opinion and suggestions on how to improve our processes, and demands us to give our best for our customers.

ConsI wish I would have joined the company earlier!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep informing us of what is coming and challenging us to be our best.

Sleep Number by Select Comfort Response

Oct 1, 2013Human Capital

Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. Your feedback is certainly appreciated!

great opportunities available at growth company that allows for work / life balance

Prosgreat opportunities for growth in matrixed organization growing at a rapid pace, management cares about employees and culture, good work / life balance, great products

Consi have no cons to share

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Worked for Sleep Number by Select Comfort? Contribute to the Community!