Sleep Number by Select Comfort Reviews

Reset

sales

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

sometimes free trial on products and discounts

Cons

unrealistic sales goal to meet to make a decent wage

Advice to Management

None

Aug 21, 2015 – Human Capital

Thank you for posting your feedback! We will share your concerns regarding goals with the appropriate parties.

2. Sales Associate

Former Employee - Former Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Former Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent health insurance, the stores were well maintained and the beds were quality products. Received a base salary plus commission plus quarterly bonus potential.

Cons

Expected to prospect for leads on your own time. They rated your performance on a predetermined products matrix, if you didn't sell the "right products" you were dinged.

Advice to Management

Home delivery and take away of the old bed should have been free and delivery turn around time needed improvement.

Aug 28, 2015 – Human Capital

Thank you for posting your feedback. We thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding home delivery and product matrix, we will share this feedback with the appropriate parties ... More

Current employee

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Thornton, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Thornton, CO

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great product that continues to improve. Our beds are only sold at sleep number locations and we have set prices.

Cons

Your pay is mostly commission and district managers have complete control over your budgets. Better stay on their good side. Not a livable wage for the denver colorado area. Be prepared for dissapointin your family because they want you to work overtime even when you're not short staffed and it's slow. Not a good career if you have a family. Zero consistency in how districts are managed. There are policies but most district managers ignore and make their own requirements.

Advice to Management

Realize all the pointless busy work district managers make up and require so they can micromanage you to the point that you want to quit. Have a set standard for budget increases across the country, less controlled by district managers. Raise pay in areas with high housing costs so the work that's demanded gives equal quality of life across the country.

Aug 13, 2015 – Human Capital

Thank you so much for posting all of your feedback and concerns on the Store Manager role in the Denver area. If you would like to further discuss these issues in depth please reach out to me ... More

Retail Systems Manager

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time

Pros

Great culture, great product, good marketing

Cons

Many up and downs to their business

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the needs of the stores

Jul 30, 2015 – Human Capital Operations Specialist

Thank you for posting your feedback! We appreciate you sharing your pros on working for Sleep Number as well as some of your concerns. Thanks again for taking the time to share!

Outrageous increases in sales quotas and decreasing pay

Former Employee - Sleep Expert
    Former Employee - Sleep Expert

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fairly good product with high levels of repeat customers. Company had extreme blow out sales a few times a year to generate interest and gain market share

Cons

Each year the goals skyrocket to the point of never achieving them. Our market is very old and had an very extremely high market share so sales increases were unlikely

Advice to Management

Quit being greedy. If you sell 100k in beds one year, don't pay 45% less the following. Instead bonus employees for achievement rather than compete against their own numbers from previous years.

Aug 28, 2015 – Human Capital

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, specifically that on goal setting. We do use a formulated process and many factors are taken into consideration when goals are being determined ... More

7. Great Company, Great Pay!

Current Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

Innovative products, great customer base and ability to make great money, too.

Cons

It's retail, so weekends and holidays are the norm.

Jul 24, 2015 – Human Capital Operations Specialist

Thank you for posting your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying the benefits of being an important part of our Sleep Number team!

Sales Professional

Current Employee - Sleep Professional in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sleep Professional in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Good pay when economy is strong compared to other Retail jobs. You could possibly move up to Store Manager, if you blow away your personal goals, get along with your boss, and show leadership skills.

Cons

Paid time off (PTO) is vacation that you should be able to enjoy with Family/Friends and Sleep Number says they want you to enjoy this time. However, you are still responsible for 100 percent of your goal when gone and risk being terminated by missing goal when taking PTO.

Advice to Management

Don't write-up sales people when they take a week or more off for PTO and still hit like 80 percent of their goal. The company doesn't need to adjust goals, but please take PTO into consideration before warning us about job loss. Another idea let us accumulate more than 120 hours PTO or pay out PTO end of year, if 100 percent of goal is all that matters for job retention.

Jul 24, 2015 – Human Capital Operations Specialist

Thank you for posting your feedback and for your ideas on additional ways for us to work with PTO hours. Your feedback is being shared and we thank you for taking the time to share!

Sales Associate

Current Employee - Sale Professional
    Current Employee - Sale Professional

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent products for consumers. Locations are usually is a nice mall. Nice team of coworkers for the most part. I say for the most part because some coworkers have a tendency to take your leads.

Cons

It is retail so the you will work until 9pm on some evenings. National holidays are blacked out from taking off. Saturdays and Sundays are pretty much mandatory for all employees. The company doesn't have cleaners take care of the stores. Employees have to scrub toilets and bathroom floors. Also, Sundays are the detail cleaning days. All shelves are dusted. Vacuum every night. Bathrooms 3 times a week. The up time is only 20 minutes. Imagine what that is like to keep track of. You can go hours before someone walks in to shop. Gets a bit boring if you have any amount of energy. Pay is 9.00 an hour plus commission. Be very careful when submitting paperwork for you commission. One error and you will not get your commission.

Advice to Management

You must up the hourly wage if you want to retain professional, articulate employees.

Jul 24, 2015 – Human Capital Operations Specialist

Thank you for posting your feedback. We appreciate you sharing your concerns with some of the policies, wage paid and keep up on the store. Your feedback is being shared with the appropriate ... More

Sales manager

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The products are amazing. You make good money on the surface unless you are management and then the hours aren't worth the pay or your sanity.

Cons

Worst company to work for ever. After 4 years managing the only reason I stayed was the great pay. However when you account for your hours spent there it's not as good as it seems. They always want more! And if the sales offered are poor then its still your fault. The trainers are amazing but the district managers told us to lie and deceive customers for sales when the trainers weren't around. The current CEO is out to prove her name at anyone's cost. They have fired the good DM's and replaced them with those that are slave drivers and humiliate employees. So sad because their advertising is customer centered but they treat their employees terrible. I left on my own. I wasn't fired. I had enough. So if you enjoy being humiliated, stressed, and never want to see your family or have any type of life please apply. And if you are great at lying you will do and be praised even more.

Advice to Management

Fire the CEO. She is a joke and encouraged lying to customers but will never admit it. Your products are superior. Please value your employees. They sacrifice so much and are offered so little. They are under the impression because they pay well they own you.

Jun 19, 2015 – Human Capital Operations Specialist

At Sleep Number we strive to always do right by our customers and employees. I am sorry that you didn't feel that this was the case in your position or time with us. While we understand that retail ... More

Improving lives by Individualizing Sleep Experiences.

Current Employee - United States Marine in Camp Pendleton, CA
    Current Employee - United States Marine in Camp Pendleton, CA

Pros

Work life balance is encouraged by the leadership. Great pay and great product!

Cons

If you love having fun and making money at the same time, you will love Sleep Number.

Advice to Management

None.

RSS Feed </> Embed