Sleepy's Reviews

Reset
2.2
Sleepy's CEO David Acker
David Acker

Pros
  • Great dedicated people and good training program (in 6 reviews)

• They have a great training program (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Long long long hours driving a ton district managers care ONLY about their bottom line and WILL throw you under the regional manager bus (in 23 reviews)

• Little to no customers in most stores equals low sales numbers (in 7 reviews)

1. Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Sleepy's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall a good company that cares about it's employees and who appear to want to do the right thing. The company has been growing rapidly and it now working to bring it's talent, processes and systems current. It has a ways to go but the company has real potential.

Cons

The management is disproportionately focused on earnings. This focus causes the company to shift gears month to month depending on results. The CEO is a nice person but may not be the right person to lead the company to the next level.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in talent and technology.

2. Full time Mattress Sales Professional

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sleepy's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training, leadership, reputation with customers, and we ignore the competitions silly games.
    I focus on solving the customer's needs. If quiet I help colleagues through internet or phone.

Cons

I wish I could have multiple store duties. I like variety of markets.

Advice to Management

a win is a win... celebrate all ...low to high.

3. the mattress proffesionals?

Former Employee - Sales Professional in Yonkers, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Professional in Yonkers, NY

I worked at Sleepy's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

money was good, sometimes there was the potential to make a good salary as long as you pretty much gave up on having a life

Cons

no holidays with family the management is cold and unfeeling, you have ridiculous sales goals and get in trouble even if there is no traffic into your showroom

Advice to Management

treat your employees better allow more than one day off a week not as much pressure knowing you can only sell to a person if they come in, eliminate competition with other sleepys

5. Mattress Professional

I have been working at Sleepy's

Pros

Company pays bi-weekly like clockwork, Showrooms are beautifully set up and inviting always, Delivery by independent contractors is usually very reliable, Dress code for Mattress Professionals has recently been relaxed. So we are now more comfortable,

Cons

Revised software is very confusing. And takes more time to find the screen we need, Software times us out frequently. Causing us to reboot frequently. Wasting lots of time with customers in the showroom or on the phone, Management levels are too top heavy. With managers' pay based on numbers of sales rather than doar volume, Bonuses all but eliminated. Creating lowered morale among ses people, Pay is quite low and showrooms more often doubled-up making it very hard to make the $125/day draw, so, most days we end up in the negative,

Advice to Management

Survey your sales force to see what improvements we need., and then make those changes that will improve our morale and earnings and your sales should pick up.

Over Worked and Under Paid

Former Employee - Mattress Professional in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Mattress Professional in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sleepy's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people! Amazing training program! I enjoyed running the store by myself. You are usually alone every day accept Saturday and Sunday.

Cons

They work you from 9:45-9:00 almost everyday of the week. Split schedules were something they were talking about when I resigned. The draw pay system! If your commission doesn't reach the weekly base, the negative accumulates and they take it from you so it is almost impossible to see any of your commission. It's like a low salary paying job. I never saw my children or had any bit of a life. If you are willing to give them your whole life, you'll love it.

Advice to Management

Think about your employee's sometimes.

Biggest con artist and deceiver in the industry.

Current Employee - Sales Professional
    Current Employee - Sales Professional

I have been working at Sleepy's (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are none for the sales force in the field.

Corporate now has made it nearly impossible force the sales force in the field to make draw and a decent salaried 0

Cons

Health insurance plans suck.

Mgt lies to you from the top down. They lead you to think one thing then screw you out of it without warning you.

Lots of sales people leaving sleepys at a faster rate than Corp can hire and retain people.

It does not take long for new hires to realize they were lied to and they leave.

Advice to Management

Be honest to the sales force instead of using smoke and mirrors to hide your true agenda.

Make it possible for the sales force in the field to stay out of draw and make a living.

Be prepared to not have a life...

I have been working at Sleepy's

Pros

None...when you really think about it.

Cons

The benefits sucked, long hours, favoritism to salespersons who kissed butt whereas they were placed in "A" grade stores as opposed to "D" grade stores. Impossible quotas that even District Sales Managers couldn't accomplish.

Advice to Management

Give your employees better pay and benefits. Also, take into account that we make you rich, and we do have a family too. Placing your employees in a "D" grade store on every holiday for 12 and 14 hours is totally unacceptable.

Great experience, loved it

Former Employee - Project Manager in Hicksville, NY
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Hicksville, NY

I worked at Sleepy's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work independently, comfortable hours (in my position you manage your own travel schedule, have to show results), challenging (especially at the beginning), relaxed dress code, leave early on Fridays (summer only), negotiable pay, bonus, respectful to employees

Cons

Limited advancement opportunity, no raises unless you ask, work load spikes temporarily (when someone leaves)

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the current direction, increase vacation time, increase advancement opportunities

10. Good job for college student

I worked at Sleepy's full-time

Pros

Good money if you make sales.
    Working in the store alone if you don't like to work with people
    Good job for college student

Cons

Long hours
    Lots of down time
    Be expected to make lots of changes within this company.
    Almost like you're running the store since you're the only one working there

11. Terrible

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Sleepy's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You work alone 90% of time.

Cons

Long hours, daily draw you will have to pay back after working 12 hours if you don't see a soul, but don't worry this company will hire anyone if they are a public misfit a felon or a drunk, they will even take you back if fired as long you are in good old boys club.

Advice to Management

There is no advice because they do not listen.

RSS Feed </> Embed