SlimGenics Reviews

Katherine Ott

1. I love my job

Current Employee - Store Manager in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Loveland, CO

I have been working at SlimGenics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Such a rewarding experience helping others and great career opportunities

Cons

There is definitely some commuting involved but I wouldn't say it is a con unless you are against that

Advice to Management

I hope we continue to enrich peoples lives and provide great a workplace

2. High turn over!

Current Employee - Program Advisor in Louisville, CO
    Current Employee - Program Advisor in Louisville, CO

I have been working at SlimGenics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helping clients, commission opportunities

Cons

Low pay, low potential to move up, high turn over rate, twelve hour shifts

Advice to Management

Increase hourly pay

3. Low pay low benefits

Former Employee - Center Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Center Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at SlimGenics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn how to lose weight quickly and the benefits of supplements

Cons

Sales focused and high turn over so customers don't trust them.

Advice to Management

Organization, respect, and loyalty. If longevity is the goal stop lying to and sneaking around on your employees.

Program Advisor

Former Employee - Program Advisor

I worked at SlimGenics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay 100% of your health insurance which is great. Not many companies will do this, which is why it's nice. Depending on which center you work in, you will either love or hate your coworkers.

Cons

The amount of money you make at this job is very inconsistent. They say you will make 40k a year but that is true for their top 5 producers. The hours aren't the best either. You work 3 days 8-6:30 and 2 days 8-2. You only get Sundays off and one day off during the week so you never have 2 days off in a row. If you have a family, this job will be very hard to maintain considering the hours. You are also expected to clean the entire center and do inventory and share ONE computer with all staff. If you cannot sell over 5k in nutritional supplements in one week then this job is NOT for you. The managers are also expected to sell 5k even though they get an override of the center and their pay isn't dependent upon how much they sell. I worked there for over a year and saw a huge amount of turnover. Their company model is not set up well for Program Advisors and they do not treat them very well. Everyone in the corporate office seems to be treated well and everyone else except Program Advisors. If you like working 12 hours shifts for $10 an hour then this job is for you!

6. Talked about customers behind their backs

Former Employee - Personal Advisor
    Former Employee - Personal Advisor

Pros

Not much manual work to do

Cons

I did not like the way when the customers left that they talked about how gross and disgusting the customers work and why would they come in if they aren't going to do the program

Advice to Management

be aware of what the PA's are saying

7. Don't waste your time!!

Former Employee - Program Advisor

I worked at SlimGenics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

100% paid health and dental insurance Helping people reach their goals

Cons

-No advancement opportunities -No raise or additional vacation time after several years of employment -poor upper management -High turnover...I felt like I was training a new person every week -no weekends off and retail hours

8. Sales..... That

Current Employee - Program Advisor
    Current Employee - Program Advisor

Pros

Helping clients reach their weight loss goals Daily interactions with clients. You get to give them advice and encouragement

Cons

This is purely a sales job just masked by a weight loss company sadly. I've seen from numerous managers that it didn't matter if the client lost a pound or not, it mattered if they bought something. That's a quote. Managers make 5% of the commission's any PA sells. PAs make between 2-8.5%

Advice to Management

Let us have just one Saturday off a month. We work 11 hour say sans always work Mondays and Saturdays. We'd love just one Saturday to spend with our family

9. Great place to work, Slimgenics isn't for everyone and that's OK!

Current Employee - Program Advisor in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Program Advisor in Akron, OH

I have been working at SlimGenics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy working for Slimgenics. In order to be successful, you have to believe in the program, products and clients! Some new people come in and work here and love "helping" clients, but when it comes down to it, they only want to cheer them on when they are doing well and aren't comfortable having the "tough conversations" with clients to hold them accountable, which is why they came here in the first place. If you really want to help people, can listen to clients and their struggles and come up with solutions for them, instead of trying to be their friend, this is one of the things that will make you good at your job. If you follow the procedures that the company and program set and can follow the rules, this is another thing that will make you good at your job. If you care about the clients and tell them about the different products that can help them, this won't really feel like a sales position. If you are someone who can't get behind the program and products and aren't passionate about what you are doing, then this isn't the job for you and frankly, our clients are better off not having you work here. However, if you are passionate about what you do, helping clients, the supplements (which are very high quality) and the program, you are going to feel awesome coming to work every day. You'll have fun, rewarded and feel like you've made a difference.

Cons

Some staff at some of the locations are not proactive, complain and don't want to follow the rules, even though it helps us and the client in the long run. Luckily, these people seem to be quitting and replaced by people who want to do their best work every day.

Advice to Management

Continue with your staff appreciation, like the all hands on event you have scheduled. We like when you come into the centers and help out ;-) Increase technology in the centers.

10. Program Advisor

Current Employee - Program Advisor in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Program Advisor in Denver, CO

Pros

Clients are awesome. It's nice to be a part of their successes.

Cons

For very little pay, a Slimgenics Program Adviser works long hours - personal lives are difficult to manage when work hours can be as long as 13 hours/day. Schedules change at a moment's notice, so it is very difficult for workers to make personal (e.g. dr, dentist) appointments in advance, The company is poorly managed from the top down.

Advice to Management

Treat workers with respect and they're more apt to hang around more than a few months. It's much cheaper to keep good staff than to keep retraining unsuspecting "newbies"

11. Manager Trainee

Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Cleveland, OH

Pros

The company is ethical. We promise our clients to lose. An avg of 2 or mor lBs per week and many are doing more Than that. Awesome training program so you will be prepared.

Cons

The jitters of your very first client but after a full day of working you'll feel like an expert by day two.

Advice to Management

Managers are very nice including corporate. They definitely practice the open door policy. My advice don't wait so long with telling program advisors what center they'll be working at. I'm sure there's a method to this, however families need to plan asap. Other than that no complaints you'll be lucky to get hired.

RSS Feed </> Embed