SlimGenics Reviews

1. Manager Trainee

Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at SlimGenics

Pros

The company is ethical. We promise our clients to lose. An avg of 2 or mor lBs per week and many are doing more Than that. Awesome training program so you will be prepared.

Cons

The jitters of your very first client but after a full day of working you'll feel like an expert by day two.

Advice to Management

Managers are very nice including corporate. They definitely practice the open door policy. My advice don't wait so long with telling program advisors what center they'll be working at. I'm sure there's a method to this, however families need to plan asap. Other than that no complaints you'll be lucky to get hired.

2. The position is very rewarding, but the company ony cares about the numbers and sales.

I have been working at SlimGenics

Pros

Free health and dental, 401k company match
    help others, change lives

Cons

No advancement opportunities, bad hours, different schedule every week, low base pay, never get a raise, only 2 weeks vacation/sick days

Advice to Management

Give raises and increase PTO for long term staff

3. Scam!

Former Employee - Program Advisor in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Program Advisor in Cleveland, OH

I worked at SlimGenics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nothing sweet about it at all. They tell you all the money you can make and the benefits you can received but it's lie after you go through training. It's a job, not a career choice.

Cons

Scam! The prices for this program for the people are unreasonable. I would never pay the price for this program.

Advice to Management

Before you move to a new are to build on, invest in your employee then screw them over. Actually give them what they were told then going around the bushes.

5. Experience with SlimGenics

Current Employee - Program Advisor in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at SlimGenics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Helping clients achieve their weight loss goals and making a difference
    - Sundays off
    - Working only a half day on Saturday
    - Classroom training when new hire
    - PTO ( Paid Time Off )

Cons

- Capped at 10.00/hour; you can get commission but that varies week to week depending on your sales and if clients feel like buying.
    - High pressure when selling... seems to be more about selling rather than helping the clients.
    - High burn out rate among co workers due to long hours ( 845 to 7 )
    - Inflexible scheduling due to long hours. There isn't a good work-life balance.
    - Can be boring if you are at a slow center.
    - In our geographic market, there really isn't much you can get higher than center lead/manager.

Basically, this isn't a job for a career, but rather somewhere to start especially if you'd like to get into the fitness/weight loss/nutrition field. It's also good practice for counseling and for the helping professions.

Advice to Management

I think hiring part time employees will help with the high burn out rate. Work FT employees just five 8 hour shifts. Get rid of the 10 hour shifts, unless you are going to give 3 days off a week. Part time employees can fill in and work Saturdays and pick up extra shifts if needed. They can also act as floaters within their desired top 3 centers.

Fun and Meaningful Place to Work

Former Employee - Program Advisor in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Program Advisor in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at SlimGenics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was a client who lost over 50 pounds previous to working at Slimgenics. The program and weight loss enhancers work, all of the employees were upbeat, helpful and always gave me great advice when I came in for my counseling visits. This is what inspired me to work at Slimgenics. I felt the same upbeat environment when I became an employee. My center manager was made me feel at home right away, she helped me get acclimated very quickly. My area manager was equally as helpful, he had an open door policy if I needed to talk or had client questions, which doesn't really happen at most companies. I'm glad I had the opportunity to be an employee who could give back and help our clients just like the employees helped me when I was a client.

Cons

I didn't get my first center choice right away, though I was able transfer within the first few months.

Love it!

Current Employee - Program Advisor in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at SlimGenics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Extensive training in the center and in the classroom. You get to learn a lot about how to help clients stay on track, nutritional supplements and medical conditions. Even though I have a nutrition background, I still learned a lot. Great team environment, everyone cares about their clients and each others success. Changing peoples lives.

Cons

There is a lot of information to learn at the beginning. Stick with it though because it starts to come together in the first few weeks.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide us with follow up training, we learn a lot. Build more centers in Ohio, we have 8 centers and Colorado has 18!

8. Learned a lot. Great clients.

Current Employee - Sales Counselor in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Counselor in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at SlimGenics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great sales training. Wonderful clients.

Cons

Poor compensation. Products not exceptional,

9. No standards - they Hire ANYONE because they are desperate.

I worked at SlimGenics full-time

Pros

The clients are very nice and its very satisfying to help them reach their goals. If you enjoy meeting and helping people this position is great but the problem lies in upper management. They do not appreciate their employees who are overworked with horrible wages.

Cons

No appreciation for their employees. When you meet revenue goals, they reward you with PRODUCT! A $2 snack for hitting your goal.
    The hours are dreadfully long and the pay structure is horrible. Upper management complains about gossip among the centers yet upper management continually gossips about co-workers.

Advice to Management

Restructure your pay, hire part time people, allow for sick days and stop the drama from upper management.

If you want to help people change their lives everyday this is a great job and company!

Current Employee - Management in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Management in Denver, CO

I have been working at SlimGenics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The rewards of helping people every day
    To get healthy and change their lives.
    The amazing product and training available.
    A great salary opportunity.

Cons

If you are passionate about what Slimgenics does and like to sell its a great match - if not .....

Advice to Management

Keep updating to stay current in the industry ! Great job growing a company that helps so many !

Happhazzard

I have been working at SlimGenics

Pros

Helping people acheive their dream of being slim and healthy.

Cons

Lots of turn over. Base pay is low, so hard to hold onto good and talented employees.