Smart Choice Payments

Employment Status

Reset
1.7
CEO

1. After adjusting to a new industry, specifically, payment processing, opportunity is certainly there. Jonathan Lynch.

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Fort Wayne, IN

Pros

Top of the tier, like their concrete and fixed fee schedule, management support is certainly offered here. For example, my direct manager and underwriter has yet to fail to cease to amaze me. Every call, with exception of family or personal hour, Dominick Entrekin has been there through thick and thin; including those negligent hours, if any, of which I failed to do my total homework. In addition, everything said or spoken has been done. Fees are more than competition, there simply put, leading the industry, in part. Furthermore the experience here is what you make of it.

Cons

Cons if any, is not Smart Choice Payments in particular, but rather, employees if any, that do not accept role as sales consultant or other. It takes dedication and commitment to the jod field one is in in particular. In addition, the cons, the oversaturared market with previous employees of both Smart Choice Payments and competitors, that make it hard in general to just got out and do business. However, after learnimg curves and negligence, hence, finding your own ethical and professional practices in the payment processing industry, lucrative and stability is certainly there.

Advice to Management

Currently, I have no quams, but conventional criticism, if any. Thatis, weed out to the best of yor ability (reasonably ) any member, agent, or other, that doe not understand thier part to the framing of Smart Choice. However, I am compelled to add that this task is certainly a hurdle and, I am reasonable and educated enough to understand this and shall continue my mar h to a seemless, well, almost seemless carrer. To those whos doing there part my utmost respect. And those who are not, please, know your positions and requirements and execute accordingly.

2. TODD MCCARTNEY DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU, ONLY MONEY!

I worked at Smart Choice Payments full-time

Pros

DON'T. WORK. HERE. DON'T WORK HERE. DONT WORK HERE DON'T WORK HERE DONT WORK HERE DONT WORK HERE DONT WORK HERE.

Cons

They don't care how you feel at all especially the president Todd McCartney. All he is interested in is making himself money-or "funding." He's a terrible boss that runs a terrible company and doesn't take care of his employees.

Advice to Management

If you show potential, they will move you up quickly. But when they realize you are not willing to screw merchants over to get "funding" which is money that goes in the presidents Todd McCartney's pocket, you'll get let go! And then you'll get told, "We feel that you're not welcoming new position."

It's lame

Former Employee - Lol in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Lol in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Smart Choice Payments (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to this company except for a rip off

Cons

Any thing you can possibly think off

Advice to Management

Quit now

Account Mgr

Former Employee - Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Great rate structure. Easy training and support from management. Travel a lot.

Cons

Not well organized. In-house administrative functions not on same page with reps in the field. Low pay structure.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your account managers. Perform what you say with the customers and reps.

If you like working for free this is it.

Current Employee - Sales Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Smart Choice Payments full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learning the ins and outs of the merchant services industry. Great supervisor ,Great connections in the small business community. Leads set prior to appointment.

Cons

Leads set business told by the marketing department rep was just showing up to drop off info. Wasting money on gas , being docked on pay for rates, upset business owners, Lazy Business owners

Advice to Management

Be straight forward with the reps you have. Offer a flat commission , Don't dock pay for assisting the customer!. If you think you deserve a slice of the pie; Get off your lazy @@ and get it done. Nobody is going to pay you for their hard work.

Chaos at all levels.....mixed with deception and incompetence!

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Smart Choice Payments full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wow, this is a tough one. Working from home I guess and not having to be in the same room as these people.

Cons

I'd need several pages on this category. If you are an established sales professional, my advice would to not be suckered in by the allure of all this "big money" you will be promised unless you have no soul or caring for the environment of your work. They'll get you all starry-eyed about all the hundreds of thousands of dollars you'll be making, but it's a sales pitch in of itself keep in mind. There are lots of ways to make crazy money that have at least a tiny bit of intrinsic satisfaction. Cooking meth might even be preferable to this method of earning a living (lol). The marketing department is a disaster in terms of providing leads that have even a shred of legitimacy. The only thing needed in terms of qualifying leads to expect you to drive to a merchant and pitch is a pulse. Most will berate you and tell you that they specifically told them NOT to send someone....yet there you are. So in order to make any headway with this you have to immediately move away from the very company that's supposed to be helping you and go door to door like a Kirby vacuum cleaner salesman and peddle this product that merchants are bombarded with 10 calls about per week from the literally dozens of providers of this service. The whole industry is over-saturated and filled with far worse reputations than a snake oil salesman or a used car peddler. If you manage to eek out some sales you will go blind on paperwork and usually have to re-do this with your merchant b/c your "training" really just gives you just enough info to be dangerous and make a fool of yourself. There tends to be a total lack of transparency with when you will be paid and what amount. I was actually bold face lied to about both of those factors and worked for a month without one penny of payment yet in my account. My sales managers and "superiors" were all nice, friendly people who seemed well intentioned. However, ultimately they are numbers oriented sales people without much if any caring about other human beings. They give you sales patter and the usual razzle dazzle excuses about everything without much straight talk or action. They invest literally nothing in your or your development. All they care about are other soul-less people who simply write contracts. Unfortunately, if you are an ultra-hard-sell kind of person willing to block the doorway and put someone in a headlock....you aren't going to do well with this stuff....certainly at least not with this particular company.

Advice to Management

I thought everyone I ever dealt with or spoke to there was a nice person at first blush. However, consider actually shooting people straight and for God's sake don't misrepresent when and how much someone will be paid. That's the kiss of death for any businesses. Don't mess with people's money. Learn how to YOUR job effectively, as the reps already are flying blind out there b/c of lack of training and all myriad chaos internally at the company. Another thought is to quit bullshitting everyone with sales patter and invest something in the people doing this work for you. Give them tools to actually succeed and maybe you'll keep quality, relationship oriented salespeople instead of focusing on soul-less, blowhard snake oil salespeople who ultimately continue to contribute to the horrible reputation of the industry.

Paying Them to work

Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Smart Choice Payments full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meeting business owners, Good Networking.

Cons

Closing Deals and making Peanuts due to constant issues with closing!

Advice to Management

Figure out you need good reps.

Not organized and not clear with intention

Former Employee - Sales in None (Italy)
    Former Employee - Sales in None (Italy)

I worked at Smart Choice Payments full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When you close a deal money is ok, but is hard to trick people, deals are just good for the company

Cons

Bad leads, bad management, not clear with customers and you become the face, so people will rely on you and you have no back up from the company

Advice to Management

Please be more truthful with employees and customers,

RSS Feed </> Embed