Smart Circle Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.3
CEO

Pros
  • Met many great people I still keep in touch with today (in 5 reviews)

• What I hear is a lot of people griping about long hours, being on your feet, and a cult mentality (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • It's very long hours for very little pay (in 27 reviews)

• Everyone starts off at the same entry-level position as a "Brand Ambassador" which is just a salesperson making minimum wage with commission (in 14 reviews)

National Account Manager

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Smart Circle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The opportunity for growth is greatly prompted which is something i value. Also the ability to work independently and my creative ideas where always heard.

Cons

Working remotely I seldom had training and was expected to up and travel for weeks at a time on little to no notice. Also my ideas were often taken and used for others.

Advice to Management

Having a structure for daily tasks and expectations is helpful

2. Sales rep

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Smart Circle

Pros

Met a lot of motivated and highly driven people. Very positive atmosphere and positive attitudes

Cons

Long hours terrible pay. Very shady management. They'll pretend to be open and friendly but no one actually knows what's going on behind the doors. Don't know schedule until the day before and it constantly changes

Advice to Management

Be truthful. Especially with payment and schedules.

Do not work here

I worked at Smart Circle

Pros

You'll get hired out of college and feel good about yourself for having a full time job.

Cons

Literally everything. Its all lies and pretend. And you make less money than a fast food worker.

Advice to Management

Just give up.

5. Saled Rep

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Smart Circle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company has an excellent structure to be successful. Financial freedom can be in your near future. If you are in the right territory, (no small town 1 grocery store markets) in Florida Tampa, South Orlando (not north ie... Sanford) & Miami are winners.

Cons

Limited time for training to learn product, thrown to the wolves to early! Extra training and info are expected at home on your leisure and some days off as well. If you're not in school, no friends, kids, or single then you're perfect!

Advice to Management

Need more paid training time for newcomers and better HR practices.

6. Campaign Manager

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Smart Circle (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment if you are comfortable talking to random people in retail environments. High energy and performance based work. Younger co-workers with a lot of ambition.

Cons

Long hours, usually 1-2 in the morning then travel 10-60 mins to retail store, then 8hrs on your feet. Work every weekend, usually get an off day or two twice a week. Weekly work schedule was usually unknown until the Sunday prior.

Advice to Management

supposedly a 6-9 month program, i progressed faster than everyone and still was at the 9 month time before the Executive of my office closed his doors to pursue another career.

7. Asst Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Smart Circle

Pros

I learned marketing, sales, advertising, recruiting, networking, goals, logistics, inventory, administration, interviewing, management, and travel. Because of this opportunity I can work anywhere and be successful. My resume is stacked with skills now where before the only skills i had were student. I worked very hard giving up alot of free time with friends and family but the payoff was well worth it having job security and executive management experience.

Cons

Low pay until I hit management. Its hard work in the beginning but well worth it if you keep your eye on the goal and you are willing to put in the effort to basically be handed a life long career opportunity!

Advice to Management

Be more honest on the recruiting end of what really goes in to climbing the totem pole and only hire people who are committed and able to make it.

Know what you're getting into (Smart Circle)

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Trooper, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Trooper, PA

I worked at Smart Circle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Intense training in marketing and sales techniques. This job might work for someone who is single, unattached, and available to work all the time. Lots of potential for new friends because new people are always bring brought in.

Cons

This company is an offshoot of Smart Circle. If you really want to know the pros and cons, look up Smart Circle or Principal Marketing (another offshoot). This job is NOT what it claims to be. There is no event planning, there is no "promotion." They try very hard to convince you that you are not a salesperson, but that's exactly what you will be. You will stand in Sam's Club or Costco and sell stuff. No one stays at this job very long because of the dishonesty of the entire company. LOTS of uncompensated driving. VERY low pay. They will tell you that commission is a certain percentage of sales, but if you're working with someone else (which you will 95% of the time), you split the commission. Be prepared to work lots of hours and make very little money for it. Less than 3 weeks after I quit, they contacted me via email and phone, inviting me to interview. They do not care about their employees, as they know that most will not be there longer than a few weeks.

Advice to Management

Be honest. Explain what the job is up front and you won't have to constantly hire new employees.

Team Leader

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Smart Circle (More than a year)

Pros

Good Co-workers, great sales experience. Gets you outside your comfort zone. If you make it to manager there is no overhead and it's profitable. The experience was looked at very posively by my new employer for a real company.

Cons

The managers lie like crazy. They tell you information about the direct product so you think you're telling the truth to customers and you find out its lies. That's why I left. Managers use get rich quick tactics. There is one manager now that I know that is awesome and would never do that. Be careful about who you work for. They lie about their salary and fake be buddies with you when all they want is to make money off of you. It's a pyramid even though I was brain washed into thinking it wasn't. The pump up speeches are totally fake. The adds online to apply are fake. I'm never a negative person and I did have a lot of fun while I worked but it just got to a point where I had to leave. Work weekends and a ton of extra hours. Hard to hit bonus.

Advice to Management

Don't lie. Get down to earth management and not hto heads that talk about how much they make.

10. Love this place

Current Employee - Sales Leader in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Leader in Houston, TX

I have been working at Smart Circle

Pros

Positive work environment If student minded, myriad of learning opportunities on direct marketing

Cons

Long Work hours Performance based pay. No sales. No money. Mentally exhausting. Not for the weak minded.

11. Play hard/ Work Hard

Current Employee - Distributor
    Current Employee - Distributor

I have been working at Smart Circle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is true to its motto. If you put in the hard work, you will get what you deserve! Push yourself and get where you deserve to be in life.

Cons

If you lose track of why your here you can get lost in the "sales".

RSS Feed </> Embed