Smart Circle Reviews

1. Don't believe the Lies

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Smart Circle full-time

Pros

Great job for kids right out of high school that still live at home and don't have any bills. Free food once in a while.

Cons

Where to start.....No health benefits, no 401k, no paid time off or sick days, almost impossible to earn commission even as a top rep in the office. You get paid $12 an hour and sometimes will win a $20 spiff. The hours are long, customers are often displeased, and training is a joke. The milage and tolls on your car will run it to the ground. Schedule is constantly changing on a day-to-day basis, which means it's impossible to make plans with friends or family. You are lied to from day one at the interview about all of these things, and the promises of becoming a rich "business owner" are a daily thing at all the meetings. The owners make 30k a year if they don't go bankrupt or quit before the year is over. They wear the same clothes everyday, drive the same POS cars for years and years, and I have yet to meet an owner that is a home owner lol.

Advice to Management

Most of you are better than this dream you try to sell.

Some good things to be had here, but not for most people.

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Smart Circle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun. Easy work. Positive environment. Learn business skills. Good job to improve an empty resume.

Cons

You work about 50 - 60 hours a week, six days a week. This itself didn't bother me much, but the pay for the amount of work involved was atrocious. Subtracting the money I spent on food and gas while out in the field, I was only bringing home about $200 a week. This job is not for someone with a house and family who needs real money to survive. You learn from morning atmosphere that when you move up to an ownership position you can make 50k a year. I won't deny that there are some people who are successful with this company. But for every one success story there are much more people who didn't make it. Statistically only about 1 in 50 or so people who enter this company become owners.

Advice to Management

Create a pay structure where one doesn't have to be an owner to support themselves.

Scum

I have been working at Smart Circle

Pros

Good experience in a resume I guess

Cons

No balance between work and life
    Low pay
    Dishonest management
    Don't believe everything they say please. I don't want you to get screwed like I did.

Advice to Management

Don't lie...

Devilcorp???

I worked at Smart Circle full-time

Pros

There are no pros because it's the worst job in the world. Run like the wind if your office is affiliated with Smart Circle.

Cons

Ever enter into an agreement and uphold your end of the bargain only to be screwed over in the worst possible way? If so, you already know what it's like to work for Smart Circle. This company is terrible and their online reputation proves it. They promise the world, work you like a slave, leave you with nothing and they've been doing it for a very long time. They're like McDonald's..."millions and millions screwed".

Ripping people off is this company's culture and they love doing it. I have on more than one occasion witnessed "owners" laugh with each other about how much they were stealing from their reps. Unfortunately, they don't just stop with reps. This company is known for screwing just about anyone who has ever come in contact with it. The Internet is peppered with complaints from small businesses and ex-employees. Maybe this is why "Smart Circle" is their fourth business name.

If you would like to work twelve hours a day, six days a week and barely have enough money to pay your bills then by all means...apply today! You will be hired. No references required. If you would like to be lied to on a daily basis while selling products hardly anyone wants...just walk down to your local office. I guarantee you they're hiring.

I know of no other company that has this much bad press. If you take the time to research this business, you will be buried in an avalanche of horror stories going back to the 80's. Ex-employees in their thousands have written about these people in an attempt to warn you and save you from months of poverty and abuse. Please heed their warning.

Advice to Management

Consider changing the way you do business because your "Devilcorp" nickname suits you to a tee.

Calm down people!

Former Employee - Account Manager in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Smart Circle

Pros

People complain about this company or say they have been ripped off, but the truth is to the people that complained is that they honestly could not perform or hit their personal Sales goals. To the people that had a tough time selling, complain the most on this website. If you are in Certificates, you are given the potential opportunity if you sell out: $200 - $300 per day, 5 days per week as an Independent Contractor, and the 6th day is Saturday which is Team Day (splitting your sales numbers day). Stop crying people! You had your chance! I was able to sell out almost everyday to many territories that were hit over 100's of times before I was in the Territory; I just wasn't able to build a team to become an Owner, because Sales is not for everyone! Building a Team to become an Owner takes duplication of the system, a seriously Great Attitude everyday, and Competitiveness to go out there everyday and have a good time doing it.

Cons

The sad part is if you are not selling, you are not making money, and you will not last, and those are the people complaining!

Advice to Management

Keep up the Good Work!

7. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Smart Circle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good People
    Fair Management
    Business is not suffering at all
    Good Salary
    Many people have worked here for 20+ years

Cons

The Bad Press on the internet

Advice to Management

It's not everyday that you can run across executives with a sense of humor, kindness and your work ethic-nothing short of admirable

Proceed With Caution

I worked at Smart Circle full-time

Pros

Great team environment while you are a rep (that all changes at leadership). You will meet some interesting people and learn some basic manipulation techniques. My owner was good to me in his own way.

Cons

This business is insane no two ways about it. It's full of callous and selfish people all trying to step on the next guy's throat just to get ahead. They've created a culture of winning at ALL COSTS and are only interested in how much money you can make the company. Although there's nothing wrong with a "kill what you eat" environment, this business takes it too far.

Another huge drawback is the constant lying. You can't believe anything they say. They lie to you about the job, the pay and everything else. It's as if their mission is to tell you what you want to hear just to keep you selling.

Don't drink the Kool-Aid. I saw two people get promoted and both were out of business within months. There's plenty they don't tell you about being an owner because if you knew the truth, you wouldn't want it.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your people. Be upfront about the position and pay. Stop playing mind games with your reps. Post truthful advertisements (this is not a graduate role). Don't promise what you can't deliver. Take an ethics course. Then take another one.

My experience working for this company was challenging but satisfying

Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at Smart Circle

Pros

Given more responsibilities when earned and room for advancemnet

Cons

The cons were the pay rate. Commission based job

Advice to Management

Stray away from commission.

Pretty cut and dry

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Smart Circle full-time

Pros

Great room for advancement. Positive atmosphere. Paid travel. Guaranteed six figure income in one to five years.

Cons

Extremely cultish. Misleading interview process. Deliberately withholding information. Generally lacking transparency. Low pay depending on your ability to perform under high pressure and stress inducing environments. High demands with nothing more than a promise of fast promotions in return. HIGH TURNOVER RATE. Very sketchy. ZERO WORK/LIFE BALANCE!!!

Advice to Management

Don't be so sketchy. You can be upfront with people. Tell them it's a hard job with low starting pay. But for the right person it can be a wonderful opportunity.

Brand Ambassador

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Independence, OH
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Independence, OH

I worked at Smart Circle (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros. Run if your office is affiliated with them.

Cons

Any office affiliated with Smart Circle, my advice is run and don't look back. They are there to line their pockets not yours. Long hours, low pay. A lot of money out of your pocket. Good luck getting the right amount on your paycheck that you deserve.

Advice to Management

Stop working your people like slaves.

RSS Feed </> Embed