Smart Meetings Reviews

Reset
3.8
Smart Meetings Founder & Publisher Marin Bright
Marin Bright

Pros
  • Their office is decorated in fun colors and overlooks the marina (in 2 reviews)

• The measure of a Great Company is if you recommend it to a colleague (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Health Benefits are slim, no sick time, only you are covered for health insurance at 75% (in 5 reviews)

• They do not provide sick time, so sick people come into the office and spread their germs (in 3 reviews)

Proud To Be Apart of a Special Team

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Smart Meetings full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Have been with our company for years & I believe we have a fabulous team. We work hard, play hard & have a great bond. We have fun together & have a lot of respect for each other. We have THE BEST products in the industry. Our leadership allows us to be creative & very open. You can speak to the CEO or the President anytime to share ideas, suggestions, & comments. Lots of travel opportunities, beautiful offices, & perks you don't get with larger companies.

Cons

Dislike the petty remarks & unfair harsh judgments of past short term employees. Those who are happy working here don't appreciate or deserve that just because they weren’t a good fit with our company.

Advice to Management

Thank you for offering PTO time for vacations & sick days, 401K with company contributions, a medical plan with choices, excellent training & company teambuilding events.

Have a Bigger Impact in Your Career

I have been working at Smart Meetings full-time

Pros

Having worked at large corporations as well as some smaller firms, what I like about Smart Meetings is that I can have a much bigger impact both into the company and the marketplace. In a 30 person company like this, you get to have the opportunity for mastery of the craft and career. The skills, the projects, the challenges that are offered here will greatly enhance somebody's career. SmartMeetings is about generating the results in a passionate, self-motivated way. For those who are responsible and accountable this is a great spot. For those who don't deliver results, not so good. People's biggest pet peeve is that other teammates don't carry their weight. This means salespeople have to meet their quotas, content producers have to produce quality and quantity on time. And everyone has to be on the same page.

Huge financial investment by the company. Compensation, Cadillac health insurance, retirement plans, travel to the finest hospitality destinations. Companies prepared to invest in the latest technologies and workflows.

Cons

People that meet their goals and objectives have a lot of autonomy and get a seat at the table. People who are under performing and not achieving results gets a lot of coaching and mentoring to help the get on the pace that's required. I don't want to work with people think that average results are adequate.

Advice to Management

Keep looking for great people to work with. Don't worry about separating people are not on the team and don't make the effort required to achieve the results. The only thing they can do is post a negative glassdoor. There's a reason you're the number one company in the space.

Creative Environment!

I have been working at Smart Meetings full-time

Pros

Working for THE #1 Meetings Magazine for the last 8 years has been wonderful and fulfilling!
    To be able to collaborate and brainstorm with all the department heads with an end result of an awesome product is what Smart Meetings is all about!
    You are rewarded for you hard work and creativity! Going to the office everyday is an absolute joy.

Cons

Past employees spread negative comments which are all lies.

Simply the best

I have been working at Smart Meetings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is so advanced and ahead of businesses. It is wonderful to work in such a creative environment that welcomes all ideas and opinions. They are Smart and look to surround themselves with smart people- then they reward them extremely well. I have never worked in a better work environment. They lead their competitors because they treat their customers first class and truly are in business to create innovative products that work for the customers- that's all they think about. I feel so lucky to be mentored by pros!

Cons

The cons are some of these negative people who crept in and tried to bring a good thing down. We are lucky management doesn't tolerate slackers!

Advice to Management

Keep it up- you are so wonderful to work for- you respect your team and they respect you.

Creative + Fun + Dynamic = Great energy!

I have been working at Smart Meetings full-time

Pros

I feel that the people I work with are committed to push this company to the forefront of its industry, bringing out the maximum potential in each of us. I am truly honored to be able to work and be part of this amazing team!

Cons

I have not experienced any.

Multi-media sales representative

Current Employee - New York in New York, NY
    Current Employee - New York in New York, NY

I have been working at Smart Meetings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, cutting edge technology, leadership position in the market, visionary.

Cons

If you are an order taker this company is not for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Awesome company on the move!

Current Employee - Director of Sales
    Current Employee - Director of Sales

I have been working at Smart Meetings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very successful and dynamic company. The founders/owners are very hands on and have a lot of passion for their business and their people. They embrace change and new ideas when it fits into the vision and values. They respect, recognize and reward folks that step up, work hard and lead. And while the company has been around for over 13 years, the culture continues to be like a start up with lots of ground floor opportunities for the right people.

Cons

If you don't like change, and if you just want to do the minimum and get by, this might not be for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay open to new ideas and stay true to your values. You've created a real gem with unlimited potential. The new business model that you've embraced has given us great traction and is an awesome vehicle to take us to new levels!

Great time to be at the company

I have been working at Smart Meetings full-time

Pros

Why I joined Smart Meetings and what I like about it: I have tremendous opportunity to make immediate contributions and make an impact - not only in my job and in my department, but throughout the company. The CEO welcomes and values an entrepreneurial mindset and fresh ideas for marketing, editorial and art, the events, sales. Everyone is encouraged to take initiative and get things done. As the company grows - for example, it is quickly moving to expand its digital media - even more opportunities for creative thinking and innovation have opened up. It’s an exciting time to be here, actually. The CEO is committed to developing the company’s managers and staff into a cohesive team.

Cons

The workplace is fast-paced and at times frenetic, but the work is stimulating and challenging.

Can't imagine a better place to work

Current Employee - Events Coordinator in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Events Coordinator in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Smart Meetings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and lots of creative talent. Love working for an industry leader and visionary.

Cons

None for me.. Sorry to here some people did not enjoy their time here. I feel blessed to be working with such a great group

Advice to Management

Keep it up.. You always seem to be open to suggestions and in moving the company in the right direction..

Happy to Come to Work Everyday

Former Employee - Events in Sausalito, CA
    Former Employee - Events in Sausalito, CA

I worked at Smart Meetings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rewarding Job, you not only get to use your sales skills but see your hard work pay off by attending the event. Great staff to work with and I enjoyed coming to work every day. I have worked in San Francisco for 22 years and I have never enyoyed a job more. The work is reward and safisfaction. This company rewards peoples efforts and values your opinion.

Cons

The past employees who are bitter about losing the job of a lifetime and want to take it out on the company. The only Con I can see is in the past couple years we grew too fast and collected some dead weigh on the staff. The company has made an effort to correct that mistake and is building a new team. I am sorry not to be part of that team. I would like to say walking out the door at 5pm is fine if you have finished your work and are at least meeting your goals. Many people that I worked with did not make their goals and the team suffered for it.

Advice to Management

Hire Slow, Fire Fast. Get rid of the employees who are negative and lazy. It is annoying to the people who work hard to do their job and meet their goals to be strapped with people who don't care.

Smart Meetings Response

Jul 22, 2014Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to comment and your constructive feedback. If you would like to add anything further, please reach out to humanresources@smartmeetings.com.

RSS Feed </> Embed