SmartFocus

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rob Mullen

Not bad

Customer Support (Current Employee)

ProsOpportunities to work from home since most help is from other countries which also be a con. Good for those with young children because they're very lenient with actual time spent in the office. Decent support for clients. long as you get the work done and clients are happy. Also as long as you make the sale.

ConsThey don't care enough about the little people or anyone not in sales. To much change in management and too much care about sales. Also sometimes not enough assistance with support for client services and too much pressure on sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow some love to the client services/support team and stop pressuring sales. If sales need help they will ask. You don't need 4 people to sell to one client.

Great work team environment!

Pros- Never a dull moment; fast pace environment that keeps you on your toes.

- Great sense of community in a team oriented environment. I can reach out to any of my team members in any region and receive the prompt assistance that I need.

- Solid company in the industry and I get to be a part of cutting-edge innovations.

Cons-I don’t get to travel as much as I use to for work.

Okay Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsCan do attitude. This is a great company if it did not have the items in CONS. You have the ability to learn and move with the flow. There are tons of opportunities to learn and really make a difference.

ConsTo focused on sales. If you hate selling anything, this is not the place for you. All Management cares about is hitting the goals. Which is not a bad thing, but you have to have a solid product. Most clients are fooled by the Salesman (No brainer here) and Client Services will take the heat. This isnt a problem because you just bring the Sales guy back in the picture.

Management is ambitious. But over the top ambitious. They'll shoot themselves in the foot if they have not done so already.

- Work/live balance tips on the Work side heavily
    - Compensation is okay. Build experience and jump to a competitor.
    - Career Opportunities are available if you can sell. Test yourself, find a product you know is dysfunctional, and see how many people you can sell it to. The first 3 don't count.
    - CEO is on cloud 9.
    - Country Vice Presidents: Suck.

Advice to Senior ManagementProfit is not a dirty word. Profiting from something where there is nothing, that is another story. Create stronger products, higher professional managers for countries, invest/develop the office. Built a rapport both with clients and co-workers. This hopefully will lead to profit.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A supportive environment that allows you to grow your career, contribute and thrive.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsEmployer paid benefits
    Competitive salary and uncapped commission structure
    International travel
    Global leader in industry

ConsInterview process is lengthly but well worth the wait.

Stressful.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThere is a young energy as all employees are in their late 20's to early 30's. There is opportunity to do well and advance within the company.

ConsThe company does very well in Europe where it was founded, but has had great difficulty growing in the US market where there is a slew of established competition. Aspects of the software and the goals for it are very impressive, but prospects and clients find that there are bugs and a challenging ui. Nonetheless, expect a high degree of pressure to hit sales numbers.

Moving forward at pace

ProsNew management team changing the whole culture of the company from 'large company' thinking back to nimble startup. Great place to work and good clarity of strategy, something which had previously been lacking. Amazing how much has been achieved in such little time. So much change means opportunities for career progression.

ConsThe change of culture has not been without its detractors. Problem has been identified and seems to be being addressed. Although strategy is clear, the tatctics of getting their are still being ironed out. Be prepared to work on different projects on different days.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on going. In my humble opinion, just what SmartFocus needs.

Not for the faint hearted...

ProsAs the title suggests, SmartFocus is a fast paced and vibrant company, a lot of opportunity coupled with great people and a fantastic environment. Been through a fair bit of recent change, however this is steadying out now and the company is growing.

ConsMore could be done to retain, develop and grow staff. Sometimes guilty of 'over-collaboration' in an attempt to seek perfection. Too much change in short period of time isn't for the faint hearted; but can also mean people leaving and not being replaced quick enough (easier said than done finding the right person) can lead to staff being somewhat temporarily overworked.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more regularly to all staff and invest more in staff development and retention.

Great employee prospects for forward thinking people

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsIf you work hard and demonstrate potential, there are great prospects and the company promotes from within. Expanding and acquiring other companies and technologies quickly, so exciting times!

ConsExpectations are high and employees are expected to deliver high quality work, quickly. If you can cope with that, then it's a great company to work for.

Company to avoid at the moment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Paris (France)

ProsSmartFocus has been a great company with talented people on the middle and top management. Energy, fun and hard work were the key word. Salaries on the range of the software market.

ConsThe Investment Fund leads a top management interested only in short term profit of the company. The human aspect at SmartFocus doens't exist anymore. The turn over in 2014 is about 50 % of the company. The best people has been fired to set up a team only concerned about the check they can get at the end of 2014.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees. A company is not about numbers and finance but grow with employess motivated and who believe in their management.

Fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment

ProsNew management has put in place clear vision for the company and everyone's role in achieving this vision is clearly defined. Environment is fast paced and constantly changing which is great if you enjoy that. Very easy to be visible and make a difference within the company.

ConsAlignment and communication between different teams within the organisation could be stronger. Career progression is possible but processes are not in place to encourage that at the moment.

Worked for SmartFocus? Contribute to the Community!