SmartFocus

Be The First To
Add Photos

SmartFocus CEO Brad Wilson

Brad Wilson

Great work team environment!

I have been working at SmartFocus full-time for more than a year

Pros- Never a dull moment; fast pace environment that keeps you on your toes.

- Great sense of community in a team oriented environment. I can reach out to any of my team members in any region and receive the prompt assistance that I need.

- Solid company in the industry and I get to be a part of cutting-edge innovations.

Cons-I don’t get to travel as much as I use to for work.

A horrible product, horrible support

I worked at SmartFocus

ProsI can't think of many - I suppose a paycheck? Otherwise.... not sure what good to say about this company in general.

ConsThe product sold is a complete joke. Absolutely inadequate, behind nearly every other tool out there, totally basic. I regret ever using this product.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on improving your product before trying to sell it as a high-end solution.

Okay Company

New York, NY

I worked at SmartFocus full-time

ProsCan do attitude. This is a great company if it did not have the items in CONS. You have the ability to learn and move with the flow. There are tons of opportunities to learn and really make a difference.

ConsTo focused on sales. If you hate selling anything, this is not the place for you. All Management cares about is hitting the goals. Which is not a bad thing, but you have to have a solid product. Most clients are fooled by the Salesman (No brainer here) and Client Services will take the heat. This isnt a problem because you just bring the Sales guy back in the picture.

Management is ambitious. But over the top ambitious. They'll shoot themselves in the foot if they have not done so already.

- Work/live balance tips on the Work side heavily
- Compensation is okay. Build experience and jump to a competitor.
- Career Opportunities are available if you can sell. Test yourself, find a product you know is dysfunctional, and see how many people you can sell it to. The first 3 don't count.
- CEO is on cloud 9.
- Country Vice Presidents: Suck.

Advice to Senior ManagementProfit is not a dirty word. Profiting from something where there is nothing, that is another story. Create stronger products, higher professional managers for countries, invest/develop the office. Built a rapport both with clients and co-workers. This hopefully will lead to profit.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A supportive environment that allows you to grow your career, contribute and thrive.

Denver, CO

I have been working at SmartFocus

ProsEmployer paid benefits
Competitive salary and uncapped commission structure
International travel
Global leader in industry

ConsInterview process is lengthly but well worth the wait.

Stressful.

New York, NY

I worked at SmartFocus

ProsThere is a young energy as all employees are in their late 20's to early 30's. There is opportunity to do well and advance within the company.

ConsThe company does very well in Europe where it was founded, but has had great difficulty growing in the US market where there is a slew of established competition. Aspects of the software and the goals for it are very impressive, but prospects and clients find that there are bugs and a challenging ui. Nonetheless, expect a high degree of pressure to hit sales numbers.

Forgotten the little people

I have been working at SmartFocus

ProsGreat people who used to care

ConsThe new senior management team have forgotten the little people, the non sales based staff who have worked hard to keep this company afloat.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't break promises made to your staff. This will lose you any good will that was left.

Company "reigned" by investor

Barcelona (Spain)

I have been working at SmartFocus full-time for more than a year

ProsYoung and cool people, international environment. Some direct managers have ears for their employees and are up to challenge their people in a good way.

ConsWay too many changes in the senior leadership, which make the company untrustworthy.
With the most recent leadership changes, everything is even more about $ numbers along with disrespecting the employees.
No proper training oportunities, if yes, then only for selective teams/people.
If you compare the company with the average Spanish companies, it is not very bad. However, what is more important is the tendency of the company and, what I have seen so far, it is not promising at all.

Advice to Senior Management@the new CEO (who is not Brad Wilson): You should not call your employees "60 % of your cost" in a meeting where you are introducing yourself. They are also the ones who contribute to your fortune. Please, show them some respect, treat them as people and train them.

To good to be true!

Sales Manager (Former Employee)
Malmö, Skåne (Sweden)

I worked at SmartFocus full-time for more than a year

ProsOK OTE if you made your budget. There are some really nice people, who know their stuff, in the company. No questions regarding travel or expenses.

ConsC-level need to be more transparent. Lot's of red tape & French "attitude". If you had a major deal going, every other BU got involved and jumped the gun and screwed up the first deal.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your employees the support and resources they need to succeed. Get your head out of your **s!

Interesting, but a little too sales oriented

Production Manager (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

I worked at SmartFocus full-time for more than a year

ProsThe work was interesting, the people were great.

ConsUpper management has very little time for employees who are not in sales or account management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all staff equally.

Strong Market Leader

Business Development Manager (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at SmartFocus full-time for more than a year

ProsCulture, values, innovation, international, private company

ConsRecent changes in senior management

Worked for SmartFocus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SmartFocus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SmartFocus CEO Brad Wilson. All 23 reviews posted anonymously by SmartFocus employees.