SmartStyle

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Find somewhere else

Salon Manager (Current Employee)

ProsIts a good place to build your client base.
    Health Care

ConsIts very slow pace because SmartStyle has a bad reputation
    You get paid like crap.
    They try and make you think its "your salon" as a manager but you have no say at all.
    Huge turnover rate

It was very boring

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt's a great place for a new stylist to start fresh out of school. Provides training classes, CE hours, flexible schedules

ConsRequired to sell 13% commission. Business is usually very slow so you must promote the salon by passing out business cards and coupons

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with employees on their schedules to make it more flexible and don't pin your shift onto the employees

The pay is not worth it for the work put in.

Salon Manager (Current Employee)

ProsIncentives and prizes for sales competitions, they provide tools

Conscompany values, compensation not enough, low commission for low prices, very slow

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your stylists more than $6.06 per haircut

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I liked meeting the new people but I hated the pay and strict rules.

Manager/Stylist (Current Employee) Loganville, GA

Prosif you have moved or relocated and need to start over and build clientele, then it is for you.

ConsNot enough pay or commission. No benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your stylist more.

It payed the bills.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood walk in client base.

ConsThey assign the managers Kindergarten charts to keep up with, and expect them to up date all of this crap while they are still trying to keep up the schedules, inventory, be put on hold forever with computer issues.
    If you or your customer need to use the bathroom you have to go out into walmart, you need food, go into walmart, because you are not allowed a fridge or microwave. It is extremely cold during the winter, and hot in the summer, due to the fact your ac and heat are regulated by someone or thing in another part of the U.S.
    While you are tryong to do everything they want,(4dx,etc..) you still need to keep your numbers for sales and customers above the staffs. (should i take care of customers and my team, or go glue some glitter on this chart for them??) My customers deserve better.

RUN FAST AS YOU CAN only gave one star because it wouldnt let me chose nothing

Stylist (Former Employee)

Prosfree services 50% product discount once a month

Conscrappy pay crappy manager always feeling put down customers horribe walmart what do you expect

Advice to Senior ManagementHire better salon managers and District leaders

Can't take Anymore

Manager/Stylist (Current Employee)

ProsGood walk in client base.

ConsI am paid 50% commission on Services and 8% on Product. I am expected to keep a Scoreboard updated daily which means I have to get on a Wireless Station every morning, that never works right. It is a very time consuming task. I keep up with inventory and store orders. I spend up to an hour at a time on the phone with the Helpline dealing with computer issues. I have to cover shifts for staff that make it a habit of calling in and missing work. I am the manager but not allowed to do write ups with out it going to the regional director first and he never approves the write up anyway so I don't bother calliing anymore, therefore she continues to do it. All the stylist's also work on commission but the company prints coupons on the back of Walmart receipts for haircuts as low as 7.99 the stylist receives less than 2$ for a haircut . I have to be on hours of conference calls 3 days a week one of wich is on my day off. I complain that I do not get paid for this and they tell me to edit my time. Really! I work on commission. Regis is a horrible company to work for I have invested 4 years to this company and I am going to have to start over because I am just sick and tired of working for this crappy company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a Clue !!!

I was happy unitl all the new changes!

Stylist (Current Employee) Wilmington, NC

ProsCo-workers,color line,they provide your tools but for your scissors,hours...

ConsPay,Tips,what the company expects from us with what they pay us! The insurance cost way to much! Come on you take $86 out of each pay check but my deductable is over $6000...

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease fight for us to have a better pay..Don't tell us thats up to us to get it! Its almost impossible in some areas to make 45% or 50%!!!

Was manager for 4 years, received no help from upper management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to start to build clientele. That's about it.

ConsUpper management will not answer calls or return them. You basically run the salon alone until something "bad" happens and THEN upper management steps in

Advice to Senior ManagementWork in the salons, ALL of them, for a period of time to really know what's going on.

Drama filled salon and lies

Salon Manager (Former Employee) Hanover, PA

ProsClientele base and working with guests and getting to know people

Consdrama and how company treats their employees

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to get more involved with employees and also follow their so called rules. Employees break them but there is no discipline what so ever. I

Worked for SmartStyle? Contribute to the Community!