SmartZip Analytics

Updated August 21, 2014
Updated August 21, 2014
4.0

Avi Gupta

Hard to beat a job like mine!

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at SmartZip Analytics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have the flexibility to balance my work and my family life. I came from the banking industry which, aside from moral conflicts, was detrimental to time spent with my wife and kids. I have never had an opportunity like I have at SmartZip to build a book of business and connect with my clients on a personal level. The potential for upward movement and the opportunity to get in on the ground floor is amazing! Unlimited income potential based on my own ability and effort is a big plus!

Cons

The view from my desk leaves much to be desired but I had to reach for that. The cons with this career are not necessarily with the company but the industry we work with. Realestate is a tough business. Not all territory's are created equal. Big markets are sometimes given preferential treatment over smaller ones.

Keep being open minded to the ideas and opinions of the workforce. knowing our ideas can have a real impact on future internal developments make it an exciting place to be! Team branding could use a little tweaking.

Great Place to Work!

I have been working at SmartZip Analytics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very laid back environment. No slave driving in the sales department. Usually come to work in shorts and flip-flops.

Cons

I have to commute far and traffic can be a beast at times.

Fast growing company, exciting product space, friendly and open culture

Current Employee - Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at SmartZip Analytics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1) Open door policy with executives, easy to communicate and get ideas across. Friendly people throughout the organization.

2) Solving hard customer problems through cutting edge technologies.

3) Over the last 12 months, the company has grown tremendously building a well rounded product offering end to end solutions to customers; at the same time internal engineering and client service processes have shown great improvements as the company scales. Change is welcome here and change has been for good..

4) Love the newly added office space and HR initiatives!

Cons

Challenges as with any growing company: Lot of work with limited resources. Prioritization is always a challenge, but it also keeps you on your toes

Keep up the good work!

Young energetic sales team

I have been working at SmartZip Analytics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is growing very rapidly with a very promising future. The management team is very supportive and gives you the flexibility for a great work/ life balance. You have the ability to make a lot of money here.

Cons

Growing as fast as we are the clients can occasionally slip through the cracks.

Keep investing in new verticals.

May 14, 2014HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. We agree that SmartZip has a very promising future!

Fast growing company that is a great place to work.

I have been working at SmartZip Analytics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with SmartZip since its early days - primarily working in sales. The growth of the company has been fun to watch, with a significant increase in sales and number of employees. Sr. Management has a great plan to continue this phenomenal growth, while maintaining a fun working environment. As with any small/fast-growing company, hard work and flexibility are important. Each employee must contribute to the success of the company, or move on. This is not the place to work if you have a "9 to 5" mentality. Sr. Management is 100% open and available for suggestions and improvements to products and working environment.

Cons

As with any fast-growing company, keeping up with the growth and product-related issues can be challenging. Significant resources are dedicated to manage these challenges. The number of successful clients continues to grow.

Keep those shares coming!

I am growing with a great team!

I have been working at SmartZip Analytics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are a lot of pros to Smartzip. The pay is decent, the dress code is lax, and the company is heading in a good direction. It is a great sign when we are spending lots of money on marketing, continually building out our product, and gaining more customers every month. My co-workers come from many different backgrounds and have really helped me develop some good skills.

Cons

I don't think our leadership is very transparent with their employees. Also, it seems like there are key requests made to help with the effectiveness of our job that often gets dismissed. These are common problems with any company though.

There will be less complaints if you are much more open with your employees. If there is good news, tell us. If there is bad news, tell us too and then tell us how we will overcome it. Perceived challenges can often be built up much bigger than reality

May 14, 2014HR Director

Glad to hear that you have so many "pros" working at SmartZip. And we thank you for your constructive feedback. Our goal is to be very transparent and we will commit to ensure we do a better job in ... More

Company on the cusp of changing an industry

I have been working at SmartZip Analytics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Game-changing technology
    Predictive analytics = superpower
    Opportunity for growth
    Visionary leadership
    Great location
    Friendly coworkers
    Flexible working hours

Cons

Cramped start-up, but expanding to a new floor soon.

May 14, 2014HR Director

We are very glad that you are pleased with the future potential of SmartZip! And yes, we've grown so much that we just added another office and are no longer cramped!

So many years of sub-par technical leadership

Current Employee - Tech Or Service in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Tech Or Service in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at SmartZip Analytics full-time

Pros

1. The sales team is continuously kept fresh by bringing in new ones and getting rid of old ones. I suppose this is good for the company but bad for the sales persons.
    2. The worker bees in engineering and data are nice and pleasant.

Cons

1. You will notice many positive reviews from sales. When they are brought in they are treated like royalty --- at first. Be careful.
    2. The technical leadership has floundered for so long and actually detracted from moving product forward. If you interview here, ask some straight technical questions and look for straight and accurate technical answers. You won't get it. There is a severe lack of understanding under a guise of jargon and word-smithing.
    3. Closed room berating happens and you can sometimes hear the yelling and insults. It is not too common but I have seen at least four people leave the rooms crying.
    4. Customer/Client service is worked and over-worked. A philosophy was mentioned about "breaking people". I will not mention who in the leadership said that. This same person is known to badmouth his "underlings" and mock and joke about their abilities.

I fear that advice will be ignored as usual. But nonetheless, I offer it. Please look at yourselves. Look deep within yourselves and ask this: If I were to step down and bring someone else who does a much better job than I, wouldn't I be better off?" After all, you have been given special stock and lots of common. It would be in your interest to actually bring in people who can make things move. There is so much potential and you are the ones preventing success.

I beg you to seriously look within. Be open and honest with yourself. Put aside the pride. You will end up winners. Step down gracefully. You've given a bit to the company, I will admit. It's time to move on.

May 14, 2014HR Director

I am sorry to hear of your experience; this is not the work environment that we are trying to create. I am surprised by most of your comments; however we take all feedback very seriously. Since it ... More

I enjoy coming to work!

I have been working at SmartZip Analytics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very fun, open environment.
    The company is growing rapidly and there is clear path for advancement opportunities.
    I really enjoy the people that I work with. The energy in the office is infectious.
    I feel like I make an impact on the company culture every day, and my voice is heard.
    We are breaking record after record for sales revenue! We've gone from being unknown, to the go-to player in this market.

Cons

The company is growing rapidly. While this is also a positive, it also becomes very apparent where we are deficient. Occasionally it seems like we hire someone just to fill a spot, rather than really finding well qualified professionals.

Keep working to add vertical markets.
    Hire only well-qualified people.

May 14, 2014HR Director

We are glad to hear you are happy working at SmartZip! As we grow, we will continue promoting the culture you have enjoyed so far. We also appreciate the constructive feedback.

Difficult Environment, Lacking Positive Leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at SmartZip Analytics part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Unfortunately I was not able to find much positive with in such a negative environment. There were team members who tried to insulate others with out much success.

Cons

Management liked to lead by yelling and screaming. Very negative environment to work in everyday. Way to much turnover from the top down.

SmartZip Analytics Photos