Smartek21 Reviews

Al Lalji

1. SharePoint Architect

Former Employee - SharePoint Architect | Program Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - SharePoint Architect | Program Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Smartek21 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work for. Lot's of work.

Cons

Not great a engaging in the executive level of potential clients.

2. Company in very bad times.

Current Employee - SSE in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - SSE in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Smartek21 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing good now. All good people left.

Cons

Partners fighting openly. Company will close. Stay away if you want job stability. Day by day I am seeing worst situations and i see peoples are quiting....../

Advice to Management

You guys lies all time. Employees are not so much stupid like you.

3. Harasment for peoples with visa

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Smartek21

Pros

All Pros cancelled out by Cons.

Cons

Company threatens employees all times. If you are on H1B visa don't join. They will blackmail you and harass and treat like slave. They will never apply GC. First talk to former employees for sharing their experience

5. Unprofessional and unbelievably low salary

I worked at Smartek21

Pros

None None None None None

Cons

- Manipulates and is dishonest about salary - Does not negotiate with the clients so that they can keep the clients but give a low wage (a cut) to the consultant hired to do the work. - No increases unless you aggressively negotiate and/or sell your paid time off

6. Bottom-tier staffing company

Current Employee - Anonymous in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Smartek21

Pros

-Consultants are friendly -Account teams seem helpful -Good health benefits -decent work life balance depending on project and manager

Cons

-HR team is not helpful. I don't feel safe to share concerns with them -One of the worst executive management teams. they have zero interaction with the employees. very unapproachable -they threaten you if you want to leave and work at a company they have as a client, even if you didn't work with that specific company -worst company from a cultural standpoint - they have zero. it's clear they don't care about this at all. -there seems to be a high attrition rate here, with consultants as well their account folks -their office is in a medical office building

Advice to Management

Put your people first - show and live your company values (if you have any). This does not feel like a "great" company -- more just a temporary place for people until they find the great company to work for. the overall feeling is that HR and management doesn't really care either way for the welfare or happiness of their employees, and we all talk about this. Future does not seem bright here.

7. worst company ever

Current Employee - Helpdesk Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Helpdesk Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Smartek21 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is nothing positive about this company

Cons

Do not work for this company at all. Do not work for it

8. Web Developer

I have been working at Smartek21

Pros

Flexible working environment, convenient commute, opportunity to learn new things.

Cons

Not so friendly Administration, very high turnover of employees.

9. Good people-good changes

Current Employee - Computer Systems Analyst in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Computer Systems Analyst in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Smartek21 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees are valued and respected good benefits

Cons

Offsite employees are not considered for increases or other work within the company

Advice to Management

provide feedback to employees offsite

Best company, great benefits, cares for employees and customers, amazing staff and management, has great future.

Current Employee - Software Development Manager
    Current Employee - Software Development Manager

I have been working at Smartek21

Pros

I am currently employed with the company and has been working with them for over 3 years. I have yet to work for a company like SmarTek21 and I have worked for many small and large companies in past. It is a small company with a big potential. People are very friendly, management knows towards what direction to take the company. Benefits are to the par with many other large technology companies. Human Resources is great, always adds new ideas and benefits for employees. People are the asset of the company and Customer service is regarded highest. The new organization with the team of CEO, COO and CSO will take the company to next heights. Love working for SmarTek21 and looking forwards for many more years of success and growth.

Cons

With every small companies there are always heck-ups, but with right people, process, procedures and policies these heck-ups can be resolved. The company has a lot of growth and once all the pieces are put in place with the right people the cons will not remain. The company is moving towards the right direction and has put right people in place for year 2015, the new and energized team has a lot of potential to grow the company to its new heights. CEO of the company is very driven and hard-working and management is working towards even a better SmarTek21. I am proud to be part of SmarTek21 and all the good changes it is brings.

Advice to Management

Keep up with all the new ideas and changes--you are all moving in right direction. The team of CEO, COO and CSO is the best. All hardworking, energetic and cares for the growth of the company and its people.

11. AWESOME COMPANY TO WORK FOR

I have been working at Smartek21 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working for SmarTek21 for nearly 6 years. I left a job that I had been with for 5 years to come work for Al Lalji the CEO because of his passion, vision and drive for the company. I have never regretted it once. I have been allowed to grow in my role and I am heard by all employment levels of the company. I have worked in the past for Nordstrom which is a very family oriented company who cares for their employees. I feel the same way about SmarTek21. I enjoy coming to work every day and I am excited to be a part of the future of SmarTek21.

Cons

Work on fine tuning processes. Once this takes place the teams will be able to strive in their roles which will allow the company to reach its full potential.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

RSS Feed </> Embed