Smartek21

Smartek21 Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2014

Smartek21 CEO Al Lalji

Al Lalji

Awesome Fantastic Company To Work For!!!

Senior Office Manager (Current Employee)
    Kirkland, WA

ProsCaring and compassionate CEO. They have met every expectation I have ever had and allowed me to grow in my talents and abilities. It's a true blessing and I feel so fulfilled here. I have been with SmarTek21 for nearly five years and would not want to go anywhere else.

ConsThe company is very busy and I must wear many hats.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing and do not sweat the small stuff. Keep putting your employees first and continue to focus on growth.

Recruiter experienced with both top companies and startups

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHeart and determination. Many companies talk about investing their heart and soul into their company. Smartek21 did it everyday. I greatly admired the leadership because of their unwavering commitment to the growth of the company (at time even when it seemed detrimental to their health). This only motivated me to give 110% in everything I did. I've been privileged to have worked with 2 of the "most admired" companies in the world, and gained great experience. But they didn't compare to the heart and drive that I witnessed everyday at Smartek21.

ConsWhen leadership puts so much of themselves into the company, and when a company is in its initial growth stage, so many challenges are faced. At times decisions were made that wasn't fruitful, and relationships would co workers would be tumultuous, But at the end of the day it was a learning process, and relationships grow stronger.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn from the past, and continue striving for company growth! A company is a reflection of the leadership and people it employs. I think Smartek21 is on the right path with it's leadership, and instead of 1 person having the responsibility of making stressful decisions, they now have a strong leadership panel to take on these tasks as the company continues to grow.

After 30 years of working, I can say hands down, this is the best company I have ever worked for!

Staffing, Operations, Business Development (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsThe employee is the companies best asset (including women and single mothers). CEO and upper management value their employees opinions, their families, and their futures! I had to leave the company to relocate to be married and ended up coming back to the company after a few years to help them build in the state that I was living. Yes, I quit a great job to come back to SmarTek21. I love being home again in a healthy thriving company!

ConsSmarTek21 is in constant growth mode which is a good thing; although some of that transition can take its toll. Very well worth it though.... No micro-managed environment; therefore, some could take advantage -

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO has rescued several upper management employees from companies whose ships were going down. Once on board, they have only proven to try to take SmarTek21 ship down with them. The CEO has a big heart and gives people the benefit of the doubt; only to find that these select 'high ups' were not the people of character and integrity that they lead us all to believe. The new senior management is strategically smart, healthy, and is once again moving the company forward in a positive direction.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company is on the right path to success.

General Manager (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsI have been with SmarTek21 for almost a year and I have seen lots of positive changes. It isn't an easy task to grow a consulting business in a hyper competitive market. The leadership team here is very focused on building something great. They encourage feedback and work to correct any issues that arise, with the intent of maintaining customer and employee satisfaction.

ConsBeing a relatively smaller business presents challenges. You may have to wear many hats, and it requires a little more effort than if you work for a large corporation. This is not a place for people that lack adaptability, flexibility, capability, a desire to drive to achieve the greater goal, and a willingness to learn.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep adapting, learning, and growing, the potential is there. Keep focusing on building culture, we're not far off from being really great.

i have friends that work at Smartek21 they love it

Prosgood management love the CEO he is very nice they respect all cultures they get lots of business

Consi don't think there are any cons that i have

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what you are doing

Changes are making a difference

Vice President (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsCompany has gotten rid of a lot of dead weight Sr. Leadership. Executive has brought solid team members to grow organization. Old leadership did not focus on company culture and started not work together.

Good direction and company focus. Prior leadership we're focus on not growing the company, not focused on customers.

I like the new reward structure

I like some of the new middle level management. They have helped me in my new role.

Good focus on employee retention and promotion.

I recommend company if you want to work hard, help a good company grow and evolve. If you are looking for self praise and do not want to be part of a team, the this is not the place for you.

ConsIt took Executive leadership too long but changes where made and removing non performers. Better late then never

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't take too long to let bad leaders. Listen to the people and fire people quicker.

Poor experiences

ProsIt's very difficult to say what SmarTek21 Consulting does very well when so much is overshadowed by what's wrong with the company.

ConsCulture, values, compensation among a huge variety of other things are what's wrong with this company. Senior leadership, primarily the CEO and COO are what's truly wrong with SmarTek21.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the customers and the employees. Remove CEO/COO.

Don't do it...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosflexible work schedules for those with kids

ConsEncouraged to lie to customers and set expectations that are not true. Senior level executives don't care about employees or customers but instead only focus on revenue.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot sure what to say, other than rethink how you treat your customers, people, and business goals.

Be very careful : Poor executive leadership with lack of customer and employee/contractor focus

(Current Employee)

ProsPays well if you're in the US as FTE, but not as fair if a contractor or in India. There are some really talented and nice people in the office but many don't stay with the company long. Good if you have kids because work life balance but make sure your work is easy to see.

ConsC-level executive management don't come across as sincere which makes it hard to trust them.. No internal sharing, no accountability with performance reviews, or employee development. I've heard that some people's commissions who work in sales were never paid so be careful and read your contracts before working here. Many customers are reducing their contract size which scares me about my job security so I might start looking around. I have heard that employees in India are treated poorly when compared to us in the US which is unfair.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease tell the truth and make ethical decisions with the business and with customers because it impacts us all. Focus on the customer and employees, not just money. Bring in managers who inspire us, not abuse or make us feel like we aren't important. Open more FTE positions so contractors can apply.

Perfectly fine contractor firm.

Taxonomist (Current Employee)
    Kirkland, WA

ProsThey stay uninvolved in the day to day life of contractors.

ConsVery little performance-based pay or recognition of individual merit.

Worked for Smartek21? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Smartek21 reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Smartek21 CEO Al Lalji . All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Smartek21 employees.