Smartek21

Updated October 22, 2014
3.6

Smartek21 CEO Al Lalji
Al Lalji

SmarTek21 making great strides!

Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Smartek21 as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I left my former company to join the Smartek21 team just recently. After networking with CEO Al Lalji the past three years and seeing his passion towards the industry. Joining the SmarTek21 team became a no brainier. I find the team to be very helpful and insightful. I am in the Business Development Department for California. I am already seeing great strides just in my short time of being here and SmarTek21 coming into the Silicon Valley.

Cons

I think with any growth and branching out. You must stay persistent, positive and proactive. Not just in making strides to build a customer base but also to expand and build your team. This is how Al and the team were successful in being one of the fastest growing company's in Kirkland WA. With some positive changes to Management and plan. I see things going into the right direction.

I think Management has been great in providing the tools and support that is needed to be successful in growing any business. I would say communication is also the key to being very effective as a team. Keep doing what you are doing and I for see good things happening for SmarTek21.

Best company for the people with right skills and ready to take up challenging opportunities

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Smartek21 full-time

Pros

Company is in the growth mode and ready to attract and motivate top talent.
    We have a CEO who cares and values the employees opinions.
    The management constantly monitors customer needs, competitors and technology to sign new projects.

Cons

Company is in the growth mode and has related transition challenges

Management is on the right track - continue doing what you are doing on the expansion plan

Awesome Fantastic Company To Work For!!!

Current Employee - Senior Office Manager in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Office Manager in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Smartek21 full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Caring and compassionate CEO. They have met every expectation I have ever had and allowed me to grow in my talents and abilities. It's a true blessing and I feel so fulfilled here. I have been with SmarTek21 for nearly five years and would not want to go anywhere else.

Cons

The company is very busy and I must wear many hats.

Keep doing what you're doing and do not sweat the small stuff. Keep putting your employees first and continue to focus on growth.

Recruiter experienced with both top companies and startups

I worked at Smartek21 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Heart and determination. Many companies talk about investing their heart and soul into their company. Smartek21 did it everyday. I greatly admired the leadership because of their unwavering commitment to the growth of the company (at time even when it seemed detrimental to their health). This only motivated me to give 110% in everything I did. I've been privileged to have worked with 2 of the "most admired" companies in the world, and gained great experience. But they didn't compare to the heart and drive that I witnessed everyday at Smartek21.

Cons

When leadership puts so much of themselves into the company, and when a company is in its initial growth stage, so many challenges are faced. At times decisions were made that wasn't fruitful, and relationships would co workers would be tumultuous, But at the end of the day it was a learning process, and relationships grow stronger.

Learn from the past, and continue striving for company growth! A company is a reflection of the leadership and people it employs. I think Smartek21 is on the right path with it's leadership, and instead of 1 person having the responsibility of making stressful decisions, they now have a strong leadership panel to take on these tasks as the company continues to grow.

After 30 years of working, I can say hands down, this is the best company I have ever worked for!

Current Employee - Staffing, Operations, Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Smartek21 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The employee is the companies best asset (including women and single mothers). CEO and upper management value their employees opinions, their families, and their futures! I had to leave the company to relocate to be married and ended up coming back to the company after a few years to help them build in the state that I was living. Yes, I quit a great job to come back to SmarTek21. I love being home again in a healthy thriving company!

Cons

SmarTek21 is in constant growth mode which is a good thing; although some of that transition can take its toll. Very well worth it though.... No micro-managed environment; therefore, some could take advantage -

The CEO has rescued several upper management employees from companies whose ships were going down. Once on board, they have only proven to try to take SmarTek21 ship down with them. The CEO has a big heart and gives people the benefit of the doubt; only to find that these select 'high ups' were not the people of character and integrity that they lead us all to believe. The new senior management is strategically smart, healthy, and is once again moving the company forward in a positive direction.

Company is on the right path to success.

Current Employee - General Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Smartek21 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been with SmarTek21 for almost a year and I have seen lots of positive changes. It isn't an easy task to grow a consulting business in a hyper competitive market. The leadership team here is very focused on building something great. They encourage feedback and work to correct any issues that arise, with the intent of maintaining customer and employee satisfaction.

Cons

Being a relatively smaller business presents challenges. You may have to wear many hats, and it requires a little more effort than if you work for a large corporation. This is not a place for people that lack adaptability, flexibility, capability, a desire to drive to achieve the greater goal, and a willingness to learn.

Keep adapting, learning, and growing, the potential is there. Keep focusing on building culture, we're not far off from being really great.

Changes are making a difference

Former Employee - Vice President in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Vice President in Seattle, WA

I worked at Smartek21 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company has gotten rid of a lot of dead weight Sr. Leadership. Executive has brought solid team members to grow organization. Old leadership did not focus on company culture and started not work together.

Good direction and company focus. Prior leadership we're focus on not growing the company, not focused on customers.

I like the new reward structure

I like some of the new middle level management. They have helped me in my new role.

Good focus on employee retention and promotion.

I recommend company if you want to work hard, help a good company grow and evolve. If you are looking for self praise and do not want to be part of a team, the this is not the place for you.

Cons

It took Executive leadership too long but changes where made and removing non performers. Better late then never

Don't take too long to let bad leaders. Listen to the people and fire people quicker.

i have friends that work at Smartek21 they love it

I have been working at Smartek21

Pros

good management love the CEO he is very nice they respect all cultures they get lots of business

Cons

i don't think there are any cons that i have

keep doing what you are doing

Great Set of people to work with

Current Employee - Full Time in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Full Time in Chennai (India)

I have been working at Smartek21 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good opportunities, allows for initiative taking, Can speak your mind

Cons

We have to work hard to be in it

Push for more opportunities with higher skilled positions

Yes, Smartek21 is the company of future!

I have been working at Smartek21

Pros

Well paid, respectful and at easy environoment. Management is open about issues and concerns. Good benefits package and vacation package. Friendly and healthy environment. Great place to work for.

Cons

It is a fast growing company so things do change a lot but are well communicated. You many also find doing other things as anyone would with a small growing company. It is a very good environment so never a dull moment. I am proud to work for Smartek21.

None so far. They all are doing a wonderful job in growing this company and minimizing lay-off.