Smartek21

Be The First To
Add Photos

Smartek21 CEO Al Lalji

Al Lalji

Changes are making a difference

Vice President (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

I worked at Smartek21 full-time for more than a year

ProsCompany has gotten rid of a lot of dead weight Sr. Leadership. Executive has brought solid team members to grow organization. Old leadership did not focus on company culture and started not work together.

Good direction and company focus. Prior leadership we're focus on not growing the company, not focused on customers.

I like the new reward structure

I like some of the new middle level management. They have helped me in my new role.

Good focus on employee retention and promotion.

I recommend company if you want to work hard, help a good company grow and evolve. If you are looking for self praise and do not want to be part of a team, the this is not the place for you.

ConsIt took Executive leadership too long but changes where made and removing non performers. Better late then never

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't take too long to let bad leaders. Listen to the people and fire people quicker.

i have friends that work at Smartek21 they love it

I have been working at Smartek21

Prosgood management love the CEO he is very nice they respect all cultures they get lots of business

Consi don't think there are any cons that i have

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what you are doing

Poor experiences

I have been working at Smartek21

ProsIt's very difficult to say what SmarTek21 Consulting does very well when so much is overshadowed by what's wrong with the company.

ConsCulture, values, compensation among a huge variety of other things are what's wrong with this company. Senior leadership, primarily the CEO and COO are what's truly wrong with SmarTek21.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the customers and the employees. Remove CEO/COO.

Don't do it...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Smartek21

Prosflexible work schedules for those with kids

ConsEncouraged to lie to customers and set expectations that are not true. Senior level executives don't care about employees or customers but instead only focus on revenue.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot sure what to say, other than rethink how you treat your customers, people, and business goals.

Be very careful : Poor executive leadership with lack of customer and employee/contractor focus

I have been working at Smartek21 as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsPays well if you're in the US as FTE, but not as fair if a contractor or in India. There are some really talented and nice people in the office but many don't stay with the company long. Good if you have kids because work life balance but make sure your work is easy to see.

ConsC-level executive management don't come across as sincere which makes it hard to trust them.. No internal sharing, no accountability with performance reviews, or employee development. I've heard that some people's commissions who work in sales were never paid so be careful and read your contracts before working here. Many customers are reducing their contract size which scares me about my job security so I might start looking around. I have heard that employees in India are treated poorly when compared to us in the US which is unfair.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease tell the truth and make ethical decisions with the business and with customers because it impacts us all. Focus on the customer and employees, not just money. Bring in managers who inspire us, not abuse or make us feel like we aren't important. Open more FTE positions so contractors can apply.

Perfectly fine contractor firm.

Taxonomist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Smartek21 as a contractor for more than a year

ProsThey stay uninvolved in the day to day life of contractors.

ConsVery little performance-based pay or recognition of individual merit.

web developer (contractor)

Web Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Smartek21 as a contractor for less than a year

ProsThat is a consulting company that could try to place you at high tech companies like MIcrosoft, Expedia, and Amazon. So, that is a chance if you have a hard time to get in those companies directly.

ConsAs a consultant you will be terminated immediately if your contract is not prolonged

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Great Set of people to work with

Full Time (Current Employee)
Chennai (India)

I have been working at Smartek21 full-time for more than a year

ProsGood opportunities, allows for initiative taking, Can speak your mind

ConsWe have to work hard to be in it

Advice to Senior ManagementPush for more opportunities with higher skilled positions

Experience at Smartek21 is Worst

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Chennai (India)

I worked at Smartek21 full-time for more than a year

ProsIf you are having 1~2 yrs, then this will be your best company for the Growth of knowledge in the IT Field.

ConsAt the same time, If you are having 3~6 yrs experience, it won't be good at anyway. You have to work their at minimum of 12 hrs per day.

Salary is not a constraint their but the more salary you ask, the more they suck your blood. Thats it.

Finally, Not good for ladies.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost of the Chennai's IT Company doing the above process ( Giving more salary and treating like a slave ). But here is little more on this. Thats it. Simply i can say Work/Life Balance is totally collapsed.

A decent place to work

Software Development Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Smartek21 full-time for more than 3 years

ProsJob security, flexibility, good clients. No delays in salaries, a good portfolio of clients, management usually is a little flexible regarding your needs.

ConsNo career road map, Limited growth. You will not see any growth or career contribution from the company.

Worked for Smartek21? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Smartek21 reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Smartek21 CEO Al Lalji . All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Smartek21 employees.