Smartlink llc

Be The First To
Add Photos

Smartlink llc Chief Executive Officer Brendan Kelly

Brendan Kelly

Great Opportunities at Smartlink!

ProsThe culture at Smartlink is wonderful and opportunities are endless. I am in a great position and can't wait for the future of this company.

ConsChange can be challenging and exciting. There are no real cons if you enjoy evolving with your company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for always keeping up company moral and promoting drive. Everyone works hard here and it shows!

They force you into a non-compete and sue you if you work for anyone else

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Annapolis, MD

ProsVery few, but good opportunities - especially if you are entry level right out of school or are a highly specialized technician in the telecom industry. Good benefits and never had an issue with timely payment of wages.

ConsTerrible environment - I worked in-house and the best way I can describe the current management is like how Ministry of Magic became in Harry Potter after the deatheaters came to power; toxic, stressful environment, and the middle managers are all dundridges who nit-pick your work and create bureaucratic red tape like you can't even imagine. They will keep you in the same position for years without promoting you - once they decide you're not "management material" (read willing to sacrifice your values and morals to please the board), and if you aren't wise and leave the company you will find yourself in the same dead-end job for years. If you find a better opportunity with another company, not only will they NOT be happy for you or make an attempt to match the offer, but they will attempt to sue you and the company who hired you if you leave. They more than over-enforce their non-compete agreements (which is the only way they stay in business) and in an "at-will" state, this is basically extortion. Nepotism and cronyism run rampant at this company as the owner, Brendan Kelly, will only hire friends and children of his allies (his cronies run a bunch of local businesses in Annapolis and I think they fancy themselves Boardwalk Empire). I would only recommend working here if it is for a stop-gap position while you look for something else, and be prepared to change industries lest Brendan Kelly send his small army of lawyers after you.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house - too many bad apples/unethical executives who only care about bottom line and not making the community better.

Worked for Smartlink llc? Contribute to the Community!