Smartronix

Be The First To
Add Photos

M. Arshed Javaid

Great benefits!

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Eglin AFB, FL

I have been working at Smartronix full-time

ProsGreat benefits and large projects

ConsCubicles if you work on base

Worked a number of years for Smartronix

Management Analyst (Former Employee)
Albany, GA

I worked at Smartronix as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsProfessional people working for Smartronix

ConsNev er considered a "down" side

Advice to Senior ManagementI would appreciate working for Smartronix again although a little older now.

Ambitious - with a twist

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Smartronix full-time for more than a year

ProsSeem to have a "family" feel when brought onboard. Have some contracts overseas and are loyal to their long time employees.

ConsNot loyal to employees, out for only company gain, management is sub-par and do things completely against any sort of policy that HELPS the actual company - they like to shoot from the hip, and usually end up hurting themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being being the underdog to the "primes" and stop letting your so called "management" to run wild. When I left, had I made a big deal about it, Smartonix would have been out about $60-70k because one of your managers thought he would be the "big guy" and try to tell me what policy was, till HR had to put him back in his seat......stop treating employees like they don't matter - because at the end of the day, the happiness of your employees is what makes your company good or bad....

Great company to work for

Systems Engineer (Current Employee)
Quantico, VA

I have been working at Smartronix full-time for more than a year

ProsThis company is growing. Takes pride in employees and customers needs. Leadership has a vision.

ConsStay focused on value proposition

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in your employees

Great company to work for

Washington, DC

I have been working at Smartronix full-time for more than 10 years

ProsFamily oriented with a great culture
Investment focused
Solid and steady growth
Great customer loyalty

ConsThere are no cons from my viewpoint

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue what you are doing, it is working.

Smartronix employment

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Smartronix

ProsI feel like one of the advantages to working for Smartronix is that the company has really good benefits including, life insurance, health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance. They also do profit sharing after the first 2 years unless you start at the wrong time of the year and then it could be three years like it was for me. Start before June of the year and you will be better off. They are also flexible about the hours that you can work and provide you with three weeks of paid vacation until your fifth year where you get four weeks of vacation.

ConsIn my opinion, it seems as though management has no interest in helping the employees develop their career or skills. No or very little training is offered to improve the employee's skill set.

It seems like they only want to hire someone that they know can do a particular job that they have a slot for and once that employee is in the slot, as long as they do the job then they are practically forgotten about unless their is some emergency for which they need the employee's assistance.

Very little information is passed along to employees that would give them any indication of where the company is heading or how it will effect them as an employee.

Contracts seems to be constantly in turmoil and sense of job security is very fleeting.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide career development opportunities.

Develop more work opportunites/contracts so that employees don't constantly feel as though their job could vanish at a moments notice.

Provide more insight into company direction at all levels. Inform employess on changes that will affect them more regularly.

Excellent company, great benefits, diversifying across industry

I have been working at Smartronix full-time

Prosbenefits, family atmosphere, they take care of employees.

Constight salary caps, politics at some levels

Worked for Smartronix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Smartronix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Smartronix CEO M. Arshed Javaid. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Smartronix employees.