Smartronix

Add Photos

M. Arshed Javaid

Great benefits!

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Eglin AFB, FL

ProsGreat benefits and large projects

ConsCubicles if you work on base

Worked a number of years for Smartronix

Management Analyst (Former Employee) Albany, GA

ProsProfessional people working for Smartronix

ConsNev er considered a "down" side

Advice to Senior ManagementI would appreciate working for Smartronix again although a little older now.

Ambitious - with a twist

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSeem to have a "family" feel when brought onboard. Have some contracts overseas and are loyal to their long time employees.

ConsNot loyal to employees, out for only company gain, management is sub-par and do things completely against any sort of policy that HELPS the actual company - they like to shoot from the hip, and usually end up hurting themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being being the underdog to the "primes" and stop letting your so called "management" to run wild. When I left, had I made a big deal about it, Smartonix would have been out about $60-70k because one of your managers thought he would be the "big guy" and try to tell me what policy was, till HR had to put him back in his seat......stop treating employees like they don't matter - because at the end of the day, the happiness of your employees is what makes your company good or bad....

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Quantico, VA

ProsThis company is growing. Takes pride in employees and customers needs. Leadership has a vision.

ConsStay focused on value proposition

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in your employees

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsFamily oriented with a great culture
    Investment focused
    Solid and steady growth
    Great customer loyalty

ConsThere are no cons from my viewpoint

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue what you are doing, it is working.

Smartronix employment

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsI feel like one of the advantages to working for Smartronix is that the company has really good benefits including, life insurance, health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance. They also do profit sharing after the first 2 years unless you start at the wrong time of the year and then it could be three years like it was for me. Start before June of the year and you will be better off. They are also flexible about the hours that you can work and provide you with three weeks of paid vacation until your fifth year where you get four weeks of vacation.

ConsIn my opinion, it seems as though management has no interest in helping the employees develop their career or skills. No or very little training is offered to improve the employee's skill set.

It seems like they only want to hire someone that they know can do a particular job that they have a slot for and once that employee is in the slot, as long as they do the job then they are practically forgotten about unless their is some emergency for which they need the employee's assistance.

Very little information is passed along to employees that would give them any indication of where the company is heading or how it will effect them as an employee.

Contracts seems to be constantly in turmoil and sense of job security is very fleeting.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide career development opportunities.

Develop more work opportunites/contracts so that employees don't constantly feel as though their job could vanish at a moments notice.

Provide more insight into company direction at all levels. Inform employess on changes that will affect them more regularly.

A small company that may not be for everyone

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Able to secure decent contracts that allow for decent entry level and mid level IT work for the Military.
    - Nice benefits package.
    - Small organization with professional HR staff.

Cons- Willing to severally underbid contracts to win them, cuts are taken out of employee salaries.
    - Little information passed down from management.
    - Seems that you fill a spot in the contract, does not work with you on finding new opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage your employees in new growth to find more mid and higher level contract positions to offer more growth and keep yourselves out of the position where you have to underbid a contract and cut salaries just in order to stay in business.

Excellent company, great benefits, diversifying across industry

Prosbenefits, family atmosphere, they take care of employees.

Constight salary caps, politics at some levels

Worked for Smartronix? Contribute to the Community!