Smith & Wesson Holding

Be The First To
Add Photos

P. James Debney

Amazing life experience.

ProsWorking with some of the brightest and passionate people in the business

ConsNone for me but some people can't handle the office politics.

Heaven for gun nuts - otherwise, move on...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Springfield, MA

ProsSuccessful company. Pretty good pay. Interesting product to work on. Great discount on guns and gun safety classes.

ConsVery little to no opportunity for advancement unless you have some kind of special relationship with your manager. The engineering department is the most dreary and bleak looking space to work in. Hourly employees are treated like second class citizens sometimes and are watched and scolded constantly for not being at their desk, being on break too long (there are no real breaks except your 30 minute lunch). Very inflexible hours. You're going to work 8 hours when they want you to, or else you're going to get fired. Forget about flex time... It doesn't exist here. A lot of elitist, arrogant people inhabit this place. All of the product engineers look down on everyone else, and management is just as bad. Even the team leaders lack a basic understanding of respect it seems to me.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhere to start... Give your employees room to grow. Loosen up. You can't micromanage professionals. You can try, but you're just going to produce bitter employees who give you the bare minimum. Don't treat people like children. Inspire them... that's the role of a leader.

Money grubbing, corner cutting, people-using hell hole.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you are an over-paid consultant who happens to be a personal friend of a member of the vast senior management team, this is an awesome place to send your invoices.

ConsElitist management, uninvolved with the 1,000 employees that work beyond their glass door offices. Arbitrary hiring processes, little interest in promoting through the ranks, all in all a toxic environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a lot of senior management and they all love each other. They know how things are but they just don't care because they are getting rich.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hell-Hole

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Springfield, MA

ProsFactor workers are very friendly, pleasant. Some long-term employees care greatly about the brand and the company.

Constoxic! Only for the most blindly rabid male NRA gun nuts and even then the atmosphere will bring them to an early grave. Total disregard for employees well-being. Extreme cronyism. Lying, backstabbing employees get rewarded, hard working talented employees get booted.

Advice to Senior Managementyou are the problem. don't wallpaper it, fix it.

Was not completely pleasant

Training and Organizational Manager (Former Employee) Springfield, MA

ProsThe people in manufacturing are great to work with

ConsIt is a hard place to initiate change

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to support the people you work with and be honest

Outstanding

Pros#1 Globe 100 listing - great leadership - iconic brand - great people - solid product

Consnot enough hours in a day to work here - love it!!

Lots of Money with little talent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Franklin, TN

ProsGreat gun discount with above average pay. Having the SW name was a great benefit when talking to people in the community.

ConsToo structured for any normal person. Corporate enviroment to a T. Senior Level management understood business but mid-level was off the charts clueless.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep throwing money at it.

good

ProsGreat people work there and

ConsTravel can be frequent and tiresome

Worked for Smith & Wesson Holding? Contribute to the Community!