Smokey Bones

Updated Jul 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Christopher Artinian

A casual place to work. The tips here are above average. The management is easy going as well.

Server (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsThe best reason to work here is the money comes quick and early. You can make 100 bucks from 5pm to 9pm on certain days. The scheduling is very flexible.and the management is pretty easy to work for.

ConsThis place is big. Expect to walk several miles per shift. Especially if you pull a double.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should let the staff wear ballcaps again! It boosts morale and fits the atmosphere. The customers benefit from great morale.

Could be good, but isn't

ProsFlexible schedule.

Some of the employees genuinely cared about the direction of the restaurant and provided a much needed boost in team morale (unfortunately, they were not considered for a promotion).

ConsNo one cares that the servers look like complete slobs.

Typical food industry drama among employees.

Upper management needs to be fired immediately.

Great Place To Work !

Server (Former Employee)

ProsTill this day I tell people I miss working for Smokey Bones. I have worked in other restaurants before but Smokey Bones was the best. Great money, great people, great times. As any service job it can get stressful. For a corporate restaurant it is awesome. I worked a non-corporate restaurant and it was more corporate than Smokey Bones. Not a hard menu to learn, drinks can be difficult but other than that, Serve here, It is a good time.

ConsYou never know what time you leave, but that is all service jobs.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great for What it is

V Star Trainer (Former Employee)

ProsStarted off as a dishwasher and worked my way up the Kitchen to become a cook and eventually a trainer in just a year. With some patience and good attitude, management position is likely. Hires from within.

ConsIt's a short order restaurant and anyone who has worked in the industry knows how busy it gets. If you haven't worked short order food, it gets extremely busy, and extremely stressful!

Good tips

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood tips and you don't need to work a lot of hours

ConsMessy job and you will get sick of the smell of barbecue

Cooking fun, fast paced, lively, well kept and clean.

Line Cook (Former Employee) Reading, PA

ProsDecent starting pay, opportunity for advancement, learned a lot even after cooking for 10 years

ConsPromotion from within at this location was sketchy, but not tell tale to the industry. Much was said, little was done.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess talk, more doing. Progress is based on results other than just profit, and customer satisfaction is based on more than a free meal when a mistake is made.

A continuously tweaked concept

General Manager (Current Employee) Fredericksburg, VA

ProsGet to be part of a growing change in a fast growing, fast-paced, restaurant to bar atmosphere.

ConsThe hours it takes to be apart of this growing concept takes a large toll on your personal life and relationships.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe prepared to work long hours, and to not see your loved ones for days at a time. If your are not good at time management, this is not the job for you.

Great laid back company!

ProsLOVE working here! The atmosphere is great, the people are great, very relaxed working environment.

Conssometimes long hours and tips are not always the best.

New management makes me think of a bright future

Fire Starter (Current Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

ProsNew management team, concise message, access to CEO, benefits

ConsTraining needs to be improved

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep letting us know we r valuable

Terrible Training Program

Service Manager (Former Employee) Mentor, OH

ProsVery Good Money, GM of home store, free meal, hard working employees

ConsTraining location, lack of one on one training, not a "training" mentality at Fort Wayne location.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen sending a MIT to train, make sure the training restaurant is capable and MIT is able to work behind the bar to serve or offer to pay for license during training period, not set MIT up to fail.

Worked for Smokey Bones? Contribute to the Community!