Smoothie King

Add Photos

Wan Kim

Great

Employee (Former Employee) Olathe, KS

ProsGreat place to work for part-time pay

ConsPeople you work with can be challenging

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

smoothie king

Team Member (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosfree smoothies and fun and great enviornment

Consthere were none at all

Advice to Senior Managementnone at all

Decent part-time job for high school student, but poor management

Team Member (Former Employee) Huntersville, NC

ProsGood ownership. Fun working environment, but not real-world working experience to be sure. Smoothie provided, but don't be so quick to drink up.

Cons(Very) Poor middle management. Have to purchase uniforms (just shirts), which consumes much of first check. Food items not handled well, would be nervous to consume the provided smoothie.

Advice to Senior ManagementClear communication to "Team Members" expectations prior to review. Avoid favoritism.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great environment

Team Member (Former Employee) Temple Terrace, FL

ProsSmoothie King allows for associates to move up and grow throughout their employment. Whether it's through VIP membership sales, product sales, smoothie enhancements and extras, there is always a way to add to your retail experience and customer service. The environment automatically promotes a healthy lifestyle which you slowly begin to adopt as you learn about the various proteins and meal replacement options the company provides for their customers.

ConsThe hours do not change regardless of the smoothie off-season, which there is one. The lack of employee individuality could be seen as a con because it provides opportunity to connect with customers and the possibility of greater sales for employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementChanging the store hours during off season. Allowing for black pants to be acceptable for clothing option, not just the khakis.

Do NOT work for the one in Jacksonville, North Carolina

ProsGreat and delicious smoothies. Free smoothie every shift you work.

ConsThe franchisee has her brother and sister as managers, so they can get away with anything and everything. If one of them doesn't show up for their shift , it's fine, but if one of the team members don't show up they get taken off the schedule for 7 days. If you have problems with one of them your hours get cut. This franchisee is not a good person to work for. Find a different job.. just saying. I used to work there and I definitely wish that I never did.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind people who are actually good at their job. And if you do have family members as management be more strict on them and not the team members.

Great

Shift Leader (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsStraightfoward
    Good pace
    Fun Environment
    Good for a student

ConsDecent pay
    Can get stressful during rush

Great first job

Team Member (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat for a high school job. The tips really help keep you satisfied while you wait for your paycheck. You get lots of experience in many useful areas, such as customer service, sales, upselling, and working fast and under stress.

ConsThe hours aren't very flexible and the pay isn't amazing.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe employees would try much harder if they saw that their work was noticed. Take the time to evaluate your employees and reward them for their hard work.

NEPOTISM!

Team Member (Former Employee) Jacksonville, NC

ProsThe smoothies are delicious and such a good product.

ConsNepotism. The franchisee of this establishment hired her immediate family for the management positions. They have no idea how to manage and they mistreat their employees. I have never hated working somewhere more than here. They are so unprofessional, letting their personal feelings and problems affect the treatment of their employees. Guess what though, there is no one to talk to because if you try to voice your opnion your hours get cut and you become an outcast because family will stick together.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people who actually know how to manage. Family and business don't mix well.

Stressful work

Shift Leader (Former Employee) Allen, TX

ProsWas paid $8.50 an hour, tips, commission and bonus. Free smoothie every day. Good atmosphere, music, people, etc as long as the stress of uptight managers doesn't send you over the edge.

ConsVery few employees so getting off work is hard, early mornings 6AM, lots of hours, position= very demanding, company is very uptight about everything, weighing every amount of powder and juice, Im sure not every place is like that but where i worked was always all over our case about everything being spotless and never any excess and finding the problem, whoever was using too much was in trouble, but if you used even a little too little you were a problem too.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut your workers some slack

Okay experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood flexible job that allows you to express yourself

Conscalm never very busy but misunderstood management

Worked for Smoothie King? Contribute to the Community!