Snagajob

Updated May 3, 2014

Not yet rated.

Peter Harrison

A Management Mess

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYounger, hard working teams that promote social atmosphere and volunteerism. Lots of events and opportunities to feel good.

ConsLong hours and a lack of leadership on most levels. External spin of amazing place to work with awards, but behind the scenes a lot of burn out.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a clear plan before you veer left then right.

Franchise Account Executive

Franchise Account Executive (Former Employee) Glen Allen, VA

ProsFlexible; work hard play hard environment. Great training and collaborative atmosphere. Even though company is 14 years old, it has a start up feel and mentality.

ConsBrands and the book of business that is designated to reps can easily help make or break your quota. Some reps will be prospecting all day and generate a small dollar amount while others don't prospect and earn 2X or 3X of Presidents Club numbers.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to develop a career plan for employees while sustaining the culture and environment of this small, start up type of business.

A growing company

ProsYou've got some great co-workers
    The location in Innsbrook is nice and close to other office buildings, along with the pavilion.
    Culture is very positive
    A trend to move towards the latest in technology
    A focus on revenue to achieve an IPO

ConsNot everyone "works hard", and sometimes they aren't always identified
    Growth opportunities can be hard to come by
    Management isn't always on the same page about things
    Transparency is not what it should be in certain instances

Advice to Senior ManagementDive a little more into making sure employees are happy with career growth and overall status of company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This place is a joke.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Glen Allen, VA

ProsSome great co-workers.
    Nice location by the pavilion.
    Hardly ever worked over 40 hours.

ConsThe say "work hard, play hard" all the time, but don't do the play hard.
    They can't figure out how to move forward, they keep rewriting the same code and processes over and over.
    If you aren't a drinker, you won't fit in.
    There used to be a drive to improve the site in speed and relevancy, now it's all about increasing advertising.

Exciting times

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsConstant Change, Fast Growing, Great People

ConsPre-IPO and runs a lean business model

Smart, passionate people. Great mission.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsThe people are really smart and driven
    The culture is fun and collaborative
    The office space is incredible
    After some recent changes, there's a really strong executive team in place that have a good vision for where Snagajob needs to go
    Even after being around for 13+ years, there's still a start-up vibe
    Get to be a part of making a serious impact in people's lives (connecting hourly workers with employers)

ConsThere's been a lack of focus in the past, but new leadership has seemed to improve that

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on what's best for the job seekers and employers

A lot of potential just missing some key players.

Manager, Sales (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsFun and very competitive with great pay.

ConsNot very realistic goals that are based off of numbers that are not proven.

Promise, potential...and reality.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Glen Allen, VA

ProsI worked with some really great people who were super passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of hourly workers and job seekers. Some of them are still there, but many left.

The mission was noble, the potential was often exhilarating, but the results and reality never measured up. It wasn't our intention, but it became a case of focusing on the journey and not so much the destination.

ConsAccountability was a core value but was very rarely demonstrated outside of sales quotas. The stopping and starting and constant changes in direction without anything to show were dizzying and frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to build an atmosphere of trust and collaboration, then it starts with the relationship between leadership and everyone else. Also, you need to commit to jettisoning the few egos and toxic personalities - even if they're brilliant with tons of upside - that muck up the works for everyone else.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Complete Train Wreck

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Glen Allen, VA

Pros- Some genuinely nice people who want to do the right thing
    - Incredible office space
    - Creative environment

Cons- The culture is absolutely horrible. Don't believe the hype. Tons of backstabbing, management favoritism, heavy use of character assassination by senior management.
    - Executive management values tenure more than career experience. If you're an experienced professional, your experience won't be valued.
    - Expect to be moved around to new positions as management tries to "figure it out."
    - In an effort to keep everyone happy, everyone winds up miserable.
    - Overwhelming fear of change throughout the company

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have proven that you are completely untrustworthy. In an effort to save yourself, you are hurting an incredible number of people. Show some real courage by doing what might be hard for you, but right for the company.

Mixed bag...overall bad taste

Programmer (Former Employee)

Pros1. I think there are some genuinely great people there
    2. The benefits were pretty good from what I remember

Cons1. I had a horribly rude manager experience during a team meeting
    2. My impression of the general morale there is that the people are not happy
    3. The culture preach is way overblown...its more of a fabricated culture than an organic true one...that's my view

Advice to Senior Managementthis company needs some serious overhaul...I wasn't there long enough to really say what all needs done...

Worked for Snagajob? Contribute to the Community!