Snap AV Reviews

John Heyman
1 Rating

operation

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Snap AV full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for! Dynamic and caring, try hard to prompt core value, cares a lot about work and life balance. SnapAV provides lots of freedom to let you make your own decisions how to run your job!
    Every company has it short coming. I saw some comments that are surprisingly negative which I really don't see it after working here for about 3 years. Really love the company and people here! If you are aggressive about your career, Snap AV is a great place to work for and make your own mark! Highly recommended!

Cons

Need to increase 401K match, which they are currently working on it.

2. Soul-Crushing Embarrasment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Snap AV full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have to type 20 words in this box, otherwise I can't submit the review. This is exactly 20 words.

Cons

I go to work everyday feeling like I'm serving a prison sentence. I manage a team and feel terrible about how I'm unable to give them the resources to grow their careers; mostly because the executive level of the company doesn't care in the least about how to develop talent, they seem transfixed with squeezing every bit of worth out of someone before tossing them aside and moving to the next sucker they can get in the door. Don't be one of those suckers. I would say that 70% of the folks here are looking for another job, I know I'm going to take the first offer I get.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to people and telling them that the business is on track to be a "billion dollar" corporation. Recognize the glaring failures that you've made and take some of your own "cultural" advice and own them. Get your egos and ridiculous expectations in check. Hold yourselves and each other to the same standards that you force upon us underlings. Or just quit, the company is going downhill regardless, lets not pretend that your 'strategic vision' and superb management is keeping the ship afloat.... ;)

Good people, evil leadership

I worked at Snap AV

Pros

Nice colleagues to work side-by-side

Cons

Profit driven, ethically challenged leadership team.

YEA THIS PLACE

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Snap AV full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a fast growing company with lots of opportunities.

Cons

The company is completely boring from a UX designer mind set. As a designer I found when I was working for this company just being there was draining to my soul making everyday I had to wake up and come in a miserable experience. They need to rethink what they need because they ask for someone creative but the design need is so limited that they honestly don't even need a designer. I have worked for many large companies and in my 10 plus years as a professional designer this is at the bottom of my list.

Designers if you want simple simple design work then this is the company for you but if you want something creative do not work here.

Advice to Management

Rethink the creative. Get some excitement in visuals.

Dysfunctional to say the least

I have been working at Snap AV

Pros

They bought the employees an ice maker... seriously, that's the only pro...

Cons

Perpetually moving goal-posts for objectives, very little accountability by the leadership of missed goals. When the business misses goals, everyone suffers (except management), but when goals were met, only management received the benefits. Very vertical structure, everyone is a 'manager'. The idea of a work/life balance is completely lost on this company. You're lucky if you know what your annual goals are by the end of Q1, and even then there isn't much explanation. Company is going to plateau in the next few years and will likely be dismantled so private equity partners won't be caught with a loss. Stay away at all costs.

Advice to Management

Right the ship quickly, if the forced removal of the current CEO isn't sign enough, I don't know what is....

Project manager

I worked at Snap AV

Pros

good dynamic in the company and innovation everywhere.

Cons

some people have attitude. they don't really follow the core value.

1 year can bring a lot of negative change.

I have been working at Snap AV full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. There are some very smart and hard working people here. Can be fun environment in some departments. If you can hire on at a management or higher level, this is probably a great place to work.

Cons

This company has had a lot of change of the past year. Changes that are good for the recent "acquisition" partners and investors, not as much for everyone else. In the past year I have seen more people come and go through the door that it has become disturbing. Even some of the upper level management has left, though that is being kept very quiet and almost hidden. The easiest way to tell how the hierarchy works here is to review the employees titles. We have at least 12 Vice Presidents of various things from Products to "Culture", yet not 1 President of anything. Good news is, if you are fortunate enough to have one of these titles, you will be OK. For the rest, good luck. Favoritism is very prevalent here and is Saying that you are Micromanaged here would be false as that would be a relief to most. A quick trip to the bathroom or to grab a glass of water may result in a 25 min 1 on 1 with management, it is truly ridiculous. Another upsetting issue is the way people are talked about, and at times, almost slandered by upper management or the Personnel Department. Example: A former employee who left on their own will to pursue other opportunities is being given a bad name in the industry from certain employees within the company just out of bitterness. I am sure you are thinking that must be me whom is writing this, trust me that it is not. In addition, should you be reprimanded or consulted about an issue that you may or may not have have done or been involved in, it will quickly spread like wildfire through out the company. It ends up being a big game of telephone. What may have been a simple issue with tardiness can quickly escalate into grand theft at the other end. Lastly, and what I feel is the worst part, is the rudeness and "I'm better" attitude of some management. Certain leadership members will again, reprimand you for a petty issue or initiate a new rule, then turn around 1 minute later and do the exact same thing with no thoughts of how unprofessional they are. Example: Most if not all employees are salary. The rule seems to be, work 50 hours or more a week. If you need to leave at 4:00PM, you will either be taking vacation time or required to "make up" that time; never mind the 40+ extra hours you may put in each month. However, that same person who enforces that rule can come in late 3 out of 5 days a week due to ongoing openly discussed family drama, leave at 5 everyday, and yet their vacation time always seems to build up.

Advice to Management

This was a great company with employees who wanted to stay and enjoyed coming to work, I would even venture to say that was 95% of people 2 years ago. I think your rate is close to 40% now (35% of which are some form of VP). Something is wrong. Having lunch brought in or an ice cream truck show up on a hot day is nice, but you are missing the boat here. You might want to take a look out there and see how many employees are looking to move on. I think you would be shocked. Also, you may want to conduct a test with your Personnel Department and see how quickly confidential (or what should be considered confidential) information is leaked out, followed by how twisted and harmful the damage could be to people.

Caution required

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Snap AV full-time

Pros

This is a fast growing company with lots of opportunities as long as you stay on management's good side.

Cons

The culture is toxic mostly because of the owner and founder. He is fairly self-absorbed and believes he is "right" on almost everything ad that culture flows throughout the organization. Not very collaborative and not a lot of fun.

Advice to Management

Get into therapy and figure out your pathologies. Learn to trust your employees and learn how to build integrity.

Wonderful company that treats its employees like family

Former Employee - Customer Service in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Snap AV full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation is excellent. Room for advancement. Great benefits. Great people to work for who truly sell amazing products that they stand behind.

Cons

There were no cons to speak of.

Advice to Management

Too quick to judgement.