Snap Fitness

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great place to work.

Fitness Manager (Current Employee)
    Worcester, MA

ProsSolid base pay. Community-oriented. If you have a positive attitude and are good at sales and training, you can have a very successful career. Also, very laid back environment compared to larger gyms.

ConsNot a ton of foot traffic / new potential clients in comparison to larger chain gyms.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider lowering membership prices in certain areas to stay competitive where larger chain gyms are offering $10 - $20 / month.

A lot of work for little pay.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat environment. Loved working with people and loved being able to expand my fitness career. I was kept busy all the time and that was good. Had an opportunity to clean up the place and make it more efficient.

ConsFelt I was not paid enough for how much work I put in and given my past work experience. Because I had to clean up the entire back office, sales commissions were slow the first several months.

Better to own than work for

Club Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe environment is laid back and friendly. For the most part the job is enjoyable and can keep you motivated with your own fitness goals. There is usually a free membership involved

ConsThere is absolutely no benefits: sick leave, vacation time, insurance... As a manager you will have no authority at all. Managers have no say in schedules, hiring, pay scales, incentive programs, or any other areas usually associated with management. In fact they do not even have access to back of the house computer systems. They are a manager in name only and for the most part are nothing more than cleaning attendants and desk agents.

Advice to Senior Managementif you are hiring a manager hire a manager and allow them to have the authority and position to be a manager.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Friendly and professional

Cleaner (Current Employee)
    Corning, NY

ProsI work as a cleaner so it's part time. I work 3-4 hours 3 -4 days a week. If I need time off or have to change my hours for any reason all I have to do is call the manager. All the trainers and clients are great people.

ConsUnless you are a manager or someone higher up there is no room for growth. I do not receive benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice for management

Great company, Great gym!

Club Manager (Former Employee)

ProsBeing able to interact with members when they come and go.
    Meeting new people
    Stress-free for the most part
    Working in an area of interest is great

ConsThere are no benefits other than a free membership - for insurance and everything else, you are on your own.
    Low pay

Fitness Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Crystal Lake, IL

ProsFlexable because members can enter and leave the club with out anyone there (24/7 club).

ConsSmall Club, not much room for advancement. The club owner was only interested in selling memberships and did not care all that much about the members.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer great services and the members will come.

Great

ProsSince this is a franchise, I only had to deal with the owner and other managers not corporate.
    Gym is a really well kept gym.. The CPT's (Certified Personal Trainers) are all knowledgeable and are really there for the clients. Machine's are up-to-date. All of us as a team were always willing to help customers out if you need help.

ConsSometimes the bathroom's can use a more frequent cleaning as women tend to always brush their hair in there while changing and there are strands of hair on the floor. Also management needs to enforce that after using the machines, clients should clean their sweat afterwards. We would do a thorough cleaning before closing but I wished the clients/customers would allow the following person who is going to use the equipment, receives a clean machine.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and make sure communication is priority.

Snap Fitness is a clean cut gym where you work helping people achieve their fitness and lifestyle goals.

Front Desk (Former Employee)
    El Dorado Hills, CA

ProsIt's not as large as some of the competitors so you can customize more for your clients.

ConsSince it is smaller it may not have all the desired equipment for pro body builders.

Great job/flexible schedule

Club Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible work hours, decent pay, great for driven individuals/pto

Consno medical benefits offered yet

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciated training

Great place to work, fun people, and awesome management.

Staff (Current Employee)
    Lincoln, NE

ProsWorking independently usually. Their is great emphasis on customer service and getting to know he members. The owners are very flexible and helpful.

ConsFull-time hours are not available.

Worked for Snap Fitness? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Snap Fitness reviews and ratings. All 30 reviews posted anonymously by Snap Fitness employees.