Snap-on Business Solutions Reviews

Reset
3.5
CEO
1 Rating

1. Great place to work, with its challenges. Overall very positive place to go every day.

I have been working at Snap-on Business Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work is challenging, but rewarding. When you finish a project, there is a lot of pride and almost enough recognition.

Cons

Always pressure to deliver more, sooner. Too much going on.

Advice to Management

Focus on what is important and make sure everyone knows what that is.

2. Don't expect to move up from your current position

Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Richfield, OH
    Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Richfield, OH

I have been working at Snap-on Business Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice building. People are friendly

Cons

NO ROOM FOR PROFESSIONAL GROWTH (unless you are buddy-buddy with a director). I have seen MANY instances of this! Some departments give out "employee of the year" awards and that is a TOTAL JOKE! People win them who have NO CLUE what they are doing! This place is all about who you know! If you are a brown-noser, you will advance! If not, you won't, plain and simple. The pay increase for my department is a JOKE, even though you take on tasks that belong to other departments! I take on jobs that I have no business doing, with limited training. Then, if you make a mistake on them, you get crucified! If you are in tight with management, you can basically get away with anything. I know someone who only missed 1 day a year and it took them almost 6 years to get a simple step-promotion in their department! They have these little cook-outs and dinners every once in a while (food is crap) to try and make you happy, but it's all a joke. This would be an OK place to intern or contract (resume builder) but I would not recommend you make a career out of it! My department is such a revolving door! The reason for that is simple, THEY DON"T TAKE CARE OF THE GOOD EMPLOYEES THAT THEY HAVE!

Advice to Management

Take a real hard look at what is going on at this place. Save the money on cookouts and dinners and put them towards employee raises! Perhaps this place wouldn't be such a revolving door!

3. Good company to work for

Former Employee - Field Installation & Training in Richfield, OH
    Former Employee - Field Installation & Training in Richfield, OH

I worked at Snap-on Business Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pay was competitive Benefits were very good Managers and colleagues good to work with Working with different automotive OEMs a good learning experience

Cons

Very imbalanced work-life with virtually 100% travel No participation for remote employees in company events like Christmas party, etc.

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation to employees who give up their personal lives to travel for business. Some active participation for remote employees in corporate events would not hurt morale.

5. Nice Place to work!

I have been working at Snap-on Business Solutions full-time

Pros

Good Leadership / Management Constant Organization changes to align with goals Flexible working hours Easy to commute

Cons

Not on latest Technologies Narrow scope for growth

6. Need to work smarter, not harder

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richfield, OH

I have been working at Snap-on Business Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Use the latest technologies, Oracle 11g, Oracle ODI, java, flex, python, perl, ksh. Able to attend NEOUG conference yearly. Great immediate leads and managers. Great people to work with. Typically 3 weeks vacation with 12 holidays which include 3/4 Floating Holidays along with 5 personal days which can be used by the half day.

Cons

Long hours, pay could be more at par with surrounding area. Some bad decisions by upper management. Some good people leave because things change too slowly which wears them down and they get burned out.

Advice to Management

Don't be too quick to jump to new technology just because you can. Newer isn't always better.

Poor Management

I have been working at Snap-on Business Solutions

Pros

Pros They are using latest development tools in J2EE world.

Cons

CTO is more like a juggler who juggles directors every 6 months and after every couple of years we are back to the same tea structure not sure what is going on. Quality of consultants that are hired is very poor and also we have seen that multiple members of the same family working , husband ,wife and uncle.

Advice to Management

Recognize real talent and stop promoting and hiring people with fake experiences even though they belong to the Sr. Director's family.

8. An amazing workplace

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

I worked at Snap-on Business Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

1. Relaxed work environment 2. Very knowledgeable people for guidance 3. Good work gets noticed 4. They follow entire development life cycle religiously. You don't just keep writing code like crazy. 5. Good appraisal 6. Flexi hours

Cons

1. Very few or no onsite opportunity

Work space is pretty cool and i love to work in this environment

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Snap-on Business Solutions

Pros

Good management and quality of work framework are quite strong and healthy to work on still competing with frequent changes of technology.

Cons

Some what salary no other cons

Advice to Management

Not that much Experienced to advice management

10. Nice Company to Work With

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Noida (India)
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Noida (India)

I have been working at Snap-on Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexi timings, Metro Shuttle, Recreational activities, gaming time, Nice work environment, good exposure

Cons

No Onsite opportunities, management focuses on cost reduction

11. very good company !!

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Noida (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Noida (India)

I have been working at Snap-on Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

nice working environment flexy timings gud salary

Cons

almost same projects, try bring new

Advice to Management

try to get more projects..

RSS Feed </> Embed