Snap-on

www.snapon.com

Snap-on Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014
Snap-on – Richfield – “Snap-on Business Solutions”

Snap-on Chairman, President, and CEO Nick Pinchuk

Nick Pinchuk

Pros
  • Pay is good, benefits are great, training phenominal(in 3 reviews)

• Good benefits and opportunities for advancement(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Tough work/life balance at times(in 3 reviews)

• Upper management wants you to buy into deals you don't need(in 4 reviews)

Good Company

ProsGreat people, products and reputation.

ConsHighly political environment that can inhibit good decision making

Advice to Senior ManagementAs a public company the focus is always on quarterly results. Would be beneficial to occasionally spend time on longer term strategies.

Very Nice Company to work for

SQL Developer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsVery Nice people and Managers

ConsHard to get in a permanent (full time) position

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSolid corporation, ninety three years in business, strong CEO, excellent tools and equipment, innovative, diversified service to automotive and industrial

ConsMost job opportunities are field work

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't look down on the contributions of past management

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent Place to Work

ProsSnap-on has great people that I do enjoy working for. They take care of their people and it is one of the reasons I've stayed with the company. They strive to coninually improve processes an I appreciate the corporate support in continually refining procedures and any issues that may arise.

ConsOrg structure confuses sometimes. Communication doesn't always flow as it should. Some are just better at it than others it seems.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk yourself is this meeting necessary and then ask if everyone absolutely has to be there. Keep asking your employees for ideas and information and continue to value those opinions, they are shooting you straight!

Great place to work!

Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) Libertyville, IL

ProsAs employees we are allowed to challenge the status quo. Snap-on allows us to think for ourselves and to bring new ideas to the table. Management seems to take the time to listen to our concerns.

ConsThe only con to me is the drive.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to the employees.

Nice

ProsWork life balance is good

ConsSalaries and promotions are not as per expectations

Good company,but not an excellent one

Account Executive (Former Employee) Kunshan, Jiangsu (China)

ProsGood platform for career development
    Co-workers are nice and Management are very knowledgeable and friendly.

ConsProcess on some detailed issue is not very clear

Advice to Senior ManagementShare your thoughts to the team players so we can work out the solution together.

Great company with Management that cares about the people

Supervisor (Current Employee) Kenosha, WI

ProsGreat culture. They care about their associates. VERY long term employment opportunities. Qaulity management from the Top to the Bottom.

ConsTough work/life balance at times. Long term employees make it hard to advance to higher levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing forward. People should be proud that they work for a great company with high quality products.

It is a great company to work for.

Account Manager (Current Employee) Columbia, SC

ProsThe company car and autonomy to do your job

ConsThe travel can wear you down

Advice to Senior ManagementNa

Good solid company. They treat you well

ProsThings get really pretty good around here about 8 years ago when the board kicked out the good old boys and put in some people and processes that really made the company successful. The environment is nice, although the people are not ones I would hang out with, but that is because they are not my type, not because they are bad. They are very good with flex time and they don't make you think that you are doing a bad job if you need to stay home to tend a sick kid. Benefits are pretty good and pay is good too.

ConsNot a lot of room for advancement. Most people who work here tend to stick around a long time.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay for employee education. Even if it is not in the employees area of work, it can make them feel better about themselves and can also make that person more valuable even if they education does not directly impact.

Worked for Snap-on? Contribute to the Community!