SnapLogic Reviews

Updated August 19, 2014
Updated August 19, 2014
2.9

CEO

Great Company to work for and a very exciting space

Former Employee - Business Development in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development in San Mateo, CA

I worked at SnapLogic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really enjoyed working at SnapLogic. People here are very helpful and encouraging. Everyone gets a long and works hard. Every Friday, everyone gets together for Snappy hour and also have team-bonding activities like bowling and go-kart racing.

Great space to be in but very challenging and complex. I am very thankful that SnapLogic had the courage to give me an opportunity to jump start my career in software.

Cons

Personally it was a hard decision to move on. The problem I had might only applied to myself, but I was looking for growth and a career path within inside sales/business development.

Believe in your team and help people build a career path.

Sep 11, 2013‎Human Resource

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for being a member of the SnapLogic team. Our goal remains to grow, prosper and learn.

Fast paced and exciting

I have been working at SnapLogic full-time (less than an year)

Pros

high visibility
    face pace and cutting edge technology
    great talent
    fun perks

Cons

still trying to establish itself as a key player in the game
    numerous new members of core leadership team so hard to gage longer term success plan

continue to develop a culture of elasticity, scalability and accountability

Sep 11, 2013‎Human Resource

Once in a lifetime opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SnapLogic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have seen my career take shape while working at SnapLogic. Working with A players, you have to step your game up and this experience has taken my game to the next level. I've had the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds and companies in the world. From attending meetings at Andreessen Horowotiz to working with partners like Amazon, Box, Salesforce.com, Zuora, Splunk, SAP, Twitter, ServiceNow, to customers like GE, Target, Dannon, Experian, Pandora, TOMS Shoes, Newscorp, AMEX, ING and others, I've expanded my network and also had a chance to make a real impact in the world of cloud computing and SaaS.

Along those lines, SnapLogic has a work hard, play hard mantra. You can even bring your pets and/or your kinds into work! We have an open bar, happy (snappy) hour every friday, lots of basketball shooting competitions, robot wars, nerf gun fights and free meals but we support our teammates to the fullest. Even if that means working nights and weekends. Everyone is bought into one common mission and is working towards a single goal. The executive team is very seasoned and the investors are top notch. Free benefits!!

Working at a start up is a gamble but joining this start up was a no brainer. Since the rise of Cloud applications is now becoming a reality, Enterprises are looking for a new modern solution that fits this hybrid world. Software is eating the world and SnapLogic is smack in the middle of it. These types of opportunities only come along once in a lifetime.

Cons

Its a start up. You are going to wear many hats and works lots of hours. You dont always get to finish projects you start on. This type of environment isn't for everyone and I've seen people get burned out. Needs a better marketing presence to take advantage of a market that is ready to move to the cloud.

Take advantage of your talent. Give them more responsibility and promote from within.

Sep 11, 2013‎Human Resource

Great place in a great market

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at SnapLogic full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone accessible, open communication, ideas welcomed, not a dictatorship style, great culture

Cons

This is a start up, flexibility is a must, ability to juggle, may lead to stress. If you are a big company guy/gal - not the right place.

Engage with employees, keep them connected, collect ideas

Exciting times!

Current Employee - Vice President Engineering in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President Engineering in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SnapLogic full-time (less than an year)

Pros

For anyone who loves complex technologies, and distributed systems, this is an awesome playground: we tick all the boxes of 'hot' techs in the Valley and there's plenty of freedom to explore, try new things and build something really awesome.

From a business perspective, if possible, it's even more fun: we're pitching ourselves against some pretty established players in the Enterprise Integration space, and winning ;)
    It's tough, challenging and only the fittest survive: no room for pushovers, and you get to work with some pretty sharp guys.

Cons

Well, it's a startup - office space is less than exciting (though we'll be doing something about it soon) and we all work hard: pace is intense and there's not much tolerance for low performers.
    If you're looking for a quiet place where to work out the final years prior to retirement, this ain't one!

Visionary Technology and Company

I have been working at SnapLogic as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

- Unmatched technology : enterprise integration platform for unstructured data designed for ease of use and scalability
    - Commitment on customer success and adoption
    - Best and the brightest: Intelligent and friendly team + leadership
    - Work life balance. Remote work / office friendly
    - Start-up culture with lots of room for ownership and reinvention

Cons

- Usual start-up demands and growing pains
    - More infrastructure, training and recruitment of start-up talent

Focus on scalable self-service trial and partners.

Good Work/Life Balance. Company is going places

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SnapLogic as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

-Fast pace environment without feeling overwhelmed
    -Small enough that you see the fruits of your labor yet large enough to feel significant (large accounts with more being announced soon)
    -Free lunches and happy hours
    -Friendly co-workers
    -Management treats you like an equal which is probably the best element of working here

Cons

-Because they are in the growing stage there isn't a lot of off-sites or other odd incentives that are so common in Silicon Valley. If you are new to the area this will hardly be an issue.
    -People are always in and out of the office so the place can be dead at times.

Great little small start-up

I have been working at SnapLogic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Phenomenal CEO
    - Excellent leadership team with proven track record
    - Good VC back (Andreesen and Horowitz)
    - Cutting edge technology
    - Extremely competitive salary + benefits (great perks: gym allowance and cell phone reimbursement)
    - Great culture and people
    - Convenient office location (101/92 area, right downtown San Mateo with all the shops and restaurants, and just blocks away from CalTrain)

Cons

- Big politics for small company due to some big-company executives
    - Some degree of arrogance from a couple of team members from big companies (comes with territory I guess)
    - Needs more marketing awareness
    - Small sales function (more $ = more sales reps)

- Execute, execute, execute
    - Very talented individuals in the company (former INFA, GOOGLE, TIBCO, BEA, YAHOO, CISCO, etc...); so give them enough freedom/creativity to advance the product

Working on the future today

I have been working at SnapLogic (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome leadership team. Very smart and talented engineering team. Great traction with leading companies. No lack of customer interest.

Cons

Building a new market can be hard work. Many prospects have a legacy perspective so there's a need to sell vision. Company just secured a ton of funding so there's strong support behind it. Just needs to build out the marketing message better.

Leverage the talent in the company even outside their areas of responsibility. Take advantage of the great culture.

Roller coaster of a startup

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SnapLogic

Pros

Descending order (biggest pro first):

(1) Amazing CEO (Gaurav Dhillon)
    (2) Pivotal time for the company (best time to be working for SnapLogic, IMO.)
    (3) Fun environment
    (4) Very motivated employees
    (5) Good/competitive compensation
    (6) Decent transparency

Cons

Descending order (biggest con first):

(1) Less stock offered than that from most similar startups hiring for a comparable position.
    (2) Very top-heavy. Most employees have little voice in the decisions made by "the company." (Even sometimes when they _really_ should be an integral part of the decision making process for a specific issue.)
    (3) Way too much company politics in general, let alone for a startup.
    (4) Still "finding its place" in terms of what the target market is / the best use for the product.
    (5) This is a startup moving at 1000mph which means high stress, big workloads, and high expectations. I put this at #5 since this is true for pretty much every startup.

Don't take employees for granted; talent in the tech industry is hard to come by, and even harder to retain. Address 1-3 in the "Cons" section, and spend some time focusing on determining and organizing processes going forward.

SnapLogic Photos