Snelling

Be The First To
Add Photos

Snelling CEO David Allen

David Allen

Love the Marietta Office Staff!!

ProsProfessional and personable staff!!! Always are extremely nice and keep you in mind when leads are available!

ConsThere are no cons, the best temp agency I work for thus far!!!

Sales Assistant

Sales Assistant/Recruiter (Current Employee) Akron, OH

ProsGreat entry level position to develop necessary skills.

ConsNo room for advancement and salary not the best.

Only good for filling a specific employment slot of the client

Costing (Current Employee) Taylor, MI

ProsCan get you entry level positions

ConsThey are only qualified to get positions for you if you meet all the specific requirements of their client. If your experience fits what the client needs, but is not in specific words of the specifications, then Snelling Staffing wont be able to help you.
    Be prepared to work on short term project, no matter what assurances they give.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Outdated

Sales (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsFranchisees are being able to buy their contracts out and leave Snelling.

ConsIt would help the CEO actually had a staffing background but unfortunately he doesn't and it's slowly destroying the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a new CEO and CFO and it might save the company.

Great national company, amazing training at corporate for recruiters, but local branch I worked with was... Difficult

Recruiter (Former Employee)

ProsBest bosses I could ask for when it came to family and needing to leave spontaneously to take care of whatever I needed to. No micromanagement. I was trusted to do my job. Even got a generous Christmas bonus after being there for only 5 months. Nicest owners who genuinely care about the well-being of their employees. Very fair compensation.

ConsThis branch was one dimensional, but successfully so for nearly 20 years. They wanted to broaden their business and create another division for another source of revenue. I was hired to do this, but they weren't receptive to my ideas or recommendations. Even after traveling (on their recommendation) to study other Snelling branches who had mastered this type of division, they still weren't open to what I learned.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis only applies to the branch I worked in, but management needs to be more receptive to new ideas and techniques and follow the lead of other branches who have mastered what they're trying to implement.

Good experience but lacked company ambition to be best in industry

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood company reputation, good front line employees, national presence, CEO that cares about the employees

Conslack of structure, focus, direction, standardization, process efficiency and plan on how to be best in the industry

Advice to Senior Managementneeds good leadership team that can execute, follow through and how themselves accountable and lead the organization through a transformation of the business.

Got me work when I needed it between jobs.

Labor (Former Employee) Statesboro, GA

ProsIn my experience, I had a job offer within 3 days.

ConsIf the employer you work for through Snelling wants to hire you directly, there are many hoops to jump through.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop overcharging for your temporary workers. It does not cost double what you pay the workers to keep that tiny office with 2 employees running.

Only fit for a college student looking for experience, terrible leadership and ownership

(Former Employee) Akron, OH

ProsThe staff (minus 1) is fantastic. They also offer a decent vacation package (15 days). They let SOME people work from home once a week.

ConsThis is a family owned and operated franchise, so it is a very unprofessional, unethical, and immature environment. The company has no code of ethics, mission statement, or core values. When asked what their code of ethics was, they stated they like to run their business by the Bible. There is little separation of church from the professional environment. They look for it when they interview their employees, frequently voice their religious beliefs, and try to push their church on their employees.

There is little to no leadership in the office. Management is too busy trying to meet their own commission so instead of focusing on mentoring, training, and empowering the employees, they are competing against them. This shows from the lack of training and guidance, the poorly set and maintained goals, and the frequent down-playing of others accomplishments.

Management is unfortunately very greedy. The company used to have a fantastic bonus structure and would frequently take the company on outings. They cut bonuses severely, hire people in well under the market value, and have cut most of their employee "motivation" spending. They will go as far as to only take employees out with coupons, groupons, etc. They will only provide employees with enough supplies to get by and do not believe in properly branding the company as this costs too much money. While all of these cuts are going on, management is going out and getting multi-thousand dollar elective plastic surgery on their face (and other areas of the body that will remain unmentioned), all the while proceeding to announce said elective surgeries to the entire office. They won't even pay the $750/yr to have the office's check direct deposited. If you want direct deposit, you have to pay for it.

Due to the company being family owned, they have also hired based on religious affiliation and not on merit or experience. It is unfortunate that they have taken what was once a thriving and happy environment and turned it into a depressed circus. The company has so much potential to be amazing with the staff they once had, but their actions have created a mass exodus of talented, hard-working individuals. They should hang on for dear life to the amazing people that are still sticking around.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to college and get a BS, MS etc in business. Create a code of ethics and follow it. Keep your church life at home. Do not parade around your frivilous spending, your gigantic empty house, your multitude of plastic surgeries, etc. Show some appreciation for your employees. Stop insulting your employees with cheap Christmas parties at bad bars with disgusting food...or at least let them order adult beverages so they can stomach the situation. Invest in your employees. It is a small office, everyone will eventually learn each other's salaries, so don't pay someone $6k less than the person before them and expect them to be happy. Give your employees the bonus they deserve. Celebrate your employees successes. Create and implement a training program. Trust your employees. Allow them ALL to work from home one day a week. The job is not saving lives, so don't freak out over a snow day and make someone work off hours to make up the time. It is 2014, just about everyone in America has remote access. And please, for goodness sakes, start paying attention to your employees and what makes them happy. There is nothing worse than wasting such amazing potential. You're running a business, not a day camp. To put it frankly; Grow up!

Bait and Switch

Medical Transcription/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) Macon, GA

ProsYou are almost promptly placed with a job. Snelling staff is very nice and professional, prompt regarding time sheets and paycheck processing. The pay was okay.

ConsMy work space was a stuffy storage closet with boxes and old furniture but it did not interfere with my work. I was promised a temp to perm job with a prestigious private medical firm. I was told I did not need to sign a contract but was suddenly shunned and ignored 2 weeks before my "verbal" contract was to expire. The company supervisor and the Snelling manager were misleading and evasive when I inquired about the reason I was not offered a permanent position. Another worker was brought in and hired permanently the week before contract expired. I really needed to know about my performance so I could avoid making mistakes on future jobs, but I never really got any straight answers from anyone. I was basically ignored.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck in periodically with your clients. Be honest with your clients regarding work performance and whether or not the client company is considering you as a permanent employee.

Frustrating

ProsLike getting paid every week

ConsNo assignments
    No communication
    Not customer service focused

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with your employees. Every week I make myself available and I do not hear anything from the staff.

Worked for Snelling? Contribute to the Community!