Snoqualmie Casino Reviews

Learning Experience

Current Employee - Lead Players Club Representative  in  Snoqualmie, WA
    Current Employee - Lead Players Club Representative in Snoqualmie, WA

I have been working at Snoqualmie Casino full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Moderate work-life balance. Good Pay. Great medical. The job is fairly easy to do and learn. Different job task to keep you busy throughout the day.

Cons

Personal Growth. For the amount of abuse the guest gives, the pay isn't worth it. A lot of repetitive complaints. Management barely does anything to help the workers.

cage cashier- good job overall

Former Employee - Cage Cashier  in  Snoqualmie, WA
    Former Employee - Cage Cashier in Snoqualmie, WA

I worked at Snoqualmie Casino full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay was fair. $15/hr to start. Training was good for the opening crew. The bosses were good to me and appreciated the work I did.

Cons

The higher management was out of touch with thode doing the work and that seemed to be the way they liked it. Marketing experiments that would make the job of cashier impossibly difficult some nights. And the regular customers you'd get to know too much about, like how much they were losing, borrowing, etc.

ask for and pay attention to feedback from your workers.

A great company I was proud to work for, I will miss going there everyday.

Former Employee - Senior Staffing Specialist  in  Snoqualmie, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Staffing Specialist in Snoqualmie, WA

I worked at Snoqualmie Casino full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Snoqualmie Casino gives the employees free meals while on shift, great benefits and has a generous 401k program.

Cons

Human Resource department is not employee friendly, seems to work more for the managers than for the hourly employees. Open 24/7 365 days a year so holidays and weekends are required taking time away from family and friends.

Listen more to your employees

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Glad to be gone after 5 years

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Snoqualmie, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Snoqualmie, WA

I worked at Snoqualmie Casino full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Paid lunch/dinner breaks, employee dining room is free food.

Cons

Have seen all types of bad practices over 5 years: nepotism, favoritism and promotion or opportunities going to Native Americans over more suitable/experienced non-native candidates. Increasing customer complaints and personal observation leads me to conclude that management has quit trying to satisfy guests and staff...their claim to 5 star service merely covers their actual achievement of mediocrity.

Time to return to Mike Barozzi's original high standards instead of paying lip service to values, integrity etc and doing the opposite of the standards you claim follow.

Incredible, yet unpursued, potential. Overall, disappointing.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Snoqualmie, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Snoqualmie, WA

I have been working at Snoqualmie Casino full-time for more than a year

Pros

Snoqualmie Casino provides absolutely fantastic benefits. After just a three month probationary period, your benefits are completely paid for--medical, dental, and vision.

The casino provides meals for free to employees, all hours of the day.

Opportunities for free entrance to concerts and events.

Annual raises are fair, but its nearly impossible to receive the maximum raise due to a subjective review process.

Cons

The tribe continues to make decisions that benefit members solely in the present without any regard to the future. The casino has been around for just barely over five years, but the tribal council has already fired impartial oversight and replaced these positions with tribal members, violating gaming commission regulations. The scrutiny brought down by pending investigations has led to layoffs, hour reductions, and hiring freezes.

The tribe also continues to drag its feet in regards to building a hotel. While another tribe is looking to expand hotel accommodations in the same city, the Snoqualmie Tribe doesn't believe that a hotel is a worthwhile investment.

Cafeteria provided food has decreased in quality drastically over the last six months.

Misguided attempts to boost guest experience; namely, learning basic greetings/sayings in a number of Asian languages and then guessing which greeting to use based on the nationality we believe the guest to be. Not only is this incredibly inappropriate, it's culturally incompetent and downright offensive to assume that simply because someone looks a certain way they are both from a specific country and speak a specific, foreign language.

Upper management in multiple departments is detached from the realities of the entry-level worker.

Not being able to physically perform a subordinates job is one thing, having little-to-no idea on how to complete basic tasks of subordinates is another. If you cannot or will not perform the duties of your subordinates, it is unfair to make assumptions regarding the work ethic of your subordinates.

Management and tribal members should not be immune to punishment. I've seen both supervisors and tribal members cause damage to guest vehicles in valet with punishment. I've seen missing/incorrect paperwork go unpunished for substantial amounts of money being unaccounted for. I've seen numerous health code violations and/or liquor control board violations swept under the rug simply because of who performed the action--only to leave someone who wasn't responsible hanging out to dry for the mistakes. There are plenty of great tribal employees, but the casino seemingly spends more money covering up the mistakes of those tribal members who are less than qualified than it would be to simply pay them their wage as if they worked, without them actually working.

Great place to work

I worked at Snoqualmie Casino

Pros

Great benefits, great work environment overall, beautiful location

Cons

Can be political at times

Would never go back!

I worked at Snoqualmie Casino full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Insurance is paid 100% other than that RUN!!!!!!!!

Cons

Management is horrible! They do not listen to their employees and do not care about family life at all. When I tried to transfer to a different department my manager would not let me even though it would have bettered my career. I was forced to work in a department where I was going no where.

The management that is there is not fair to their employees. Even when you go to HR they do not help you when you are being harassed by your manager.

Excellent mentoring opportunities, great community culture and strong loyal spirit.

Current Employee - Executive Office Manager  in  Snoqualmie, WA
    Current Employee - Executive Office Manager in Snoqualmie, WA

I have been working at Snoqualmie Casino full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People work together to make this the best casino in the Pacific Northwest.

Cons

I have capped out after a very long stint. Not a con really, more of what I was expecting.

I take advice more than give it.

Terrible Management

I worked at Snoqualmie Casino part-time for less than a year

Pros

Energetic place to work, nice co-workers

Cons

Terrible management, no sense of customer service, replaced us with foreign exchange workers, dishonest practices, rampant sexual harassment

Learn about customer service and treat your employees with respect.

I love the people... It's one of my favorite reasons to come to work!

I have been working at Snoqualmie Casino full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are multiple departments that are always growing and hiring, so there is something for everyone! They promote from within and encourage employees to love what they do and help you transfer areas if you prefer another department. They have a great benefits package and are always offering added touches throughout the holidays (turkeys, contests, bonuses!) They also have tuition reimbursement!

Cons

The business is completely centered around great customer service, so if you are not a friendly, outgoing person you won't do well. The company is continually growing, so offices are moving and changing, so someone you might need to work closely with is down the hall.

Employee morale defines a company, support and encouragement really does create the best environment! Lead by example!

Worked for Snoqualmie Casino? Contribute to the Community!