Snowshoe Mountain

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Frank DeBerry

A fun place to meet new people.

Front Desk Agent (Former Employee)

I worked at Snowshoe Mountain full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe people who work there are wonderful.

ConsManagement does not always listen to employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. They know what the guest wants.

Ski Instructor Experience

Ski Instructor (Former Employee)
Snowshoe, WV

I worked at Snowshoe Mountain part-time for less than a year

ProsIts rewarding to work with children and its nice to be able to work outside. You make more money than you would nearby in entry level jobs. Its seasonal and they allow flexible work hours.

ConsThe management often over micromanages. The pay is unreliable, since there are not always ski lessons available for teaching.

Advice to Senior ManagementMicromanage less. Hire more staff even if that requires paying more. Offer more of a bonus for showing up to work even if there are no lessons that day. Very few instructors are returning each year.

Beautiful place to live, terrible place to work.

I have been working at Snowshoe Mountain full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSnowshoe is a breathtaking place to wake up every morning (unless you live in employee housing, in which case the awful smell probably will take your breath away). Most employees and volunteers get a free season pass, which is great (but the "free" rental policy is now mostly a joke, don't even bother).

ConsOpportunities for advancement are limited; sexism and racism is sadly rampant. A number of talented members of the management team (both men and women, but unfortunately especially women) have left over the past couple of years given the deteriorating environment and lack of leadership. There are a handful of awful managers and staff that are tolerated (for whatever reason) and almost always manage to chase away anybody with talent or passion.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the resort already and let somebody who actually cares about this community come in and start to fix the (many) problems.

working for a small family owned business

RESERVATION MANAGER (Current Employee)
Slatyfork, WV

I have been working at Snowshoe Mountain full-time for more than 8 years

Prosgreat working envirnment-good atmosphere for making a difference, gain intimate knowledge of the workings of the company in a short period of time

Consthere are none! Great place to be, interpersonal relationships grow and grow, work as a great team based company

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work!

Great lifestyle for the outdoor enthusiast who is serious about a career in the travel/tourism industry

Seasonal Staff (Current Employee)

I have been working at Snowshoe Mountain

ProsGreat free skiing, rentals and lessons for employee and their dependants
Healthcare for all
Connections to buisness partners (ie. summer seasonal employers, career opportunities at sister resorts)

ConsIf you are a resident of the area it is the ONLY place to work, which makes it difficult to forge a career path.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe corporate office should follow the same strategies as employed by Snowshoe in thier hiring practices and planning for the direction of the company.

Worked for Snowshoe Mountain? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Snowshoe Mountain reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Snowshoe Mountain CEO Frank DeBerry. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Snowshoe Mountain employees.