Snyder's-Lance

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Carl E. Lee

Pros
  • Since the merger, all they care about is stock price(in 4 reviews)

• When you purchase a route you are essentially buying a stream of income - which is fine(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • A living with no benefits at all(in 3 reviews)

• The paperwork on buying the routes says they will provide someone to run your route for a charge for you to take a vacation(in 6 reviews)

Great job if you are the right person for that job.

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGreat work life balance, pay was competitive, friendly co-workers, new office, free snacks, flexible scheduling, low pressure

Consoffice was quiet and co-workers tended to keep to themselves. If you are social, this may not be the best place for you. Also, the work load was not that demanding which resulted in slow days. Not a lot of excitement throughout the day. Not that I require a marching band with dancing elephants to keep me satisfied at work, but a little effort to encourage cross function interaction could be a start.

Advice to Senior ManagementModernize the work environment by creating a tech-like feel workplace. Energy and Innovation could go a long way, even for a relatively boring product such as snack crackers.

Great people, horrible leadership

ProsMost of the people who work here are great. Ballantyne is also a nice area to work in.

ConsUnfortunately, leadership is horrible at this company. There are no career tracks or goals for a "next step." You do get to learn a lot about the CPG world as you will have to wear many hats because this company is run so lean. There is no communication from management or even within teams.

I would not suggest working here if you are trying to find a company in which to advance within. Most people end up leaving because they do not promote from within and pay is notoriously low.

Leadership is also extremely political and known "issues" are often swept under the rug by HR and Sr. Management.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselves

S-L Provides Little to No Training/Support to New IBO's

IBO (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsWhen you purchase a route you are essentially buying a stream of income - which is fine.

ConsThe training and especially the support is a joke. After spending six figures on a route you would think they would train you in a professional manner and answer all your questions when you are new, that is not the case at S-L.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your new IBO's properly. Instead of having them ride with the IBO that is selling the route, combine that experience with high level training commensurate with the amount of money paid by new IBO's.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Materials Manager

Materials Manager (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsLack of positive culture. Management not in touch with current environment

ConsGood Product. Very Marketable in a strong market

Advice to Senior ManagementStop top down management style

Went from wonderful to horrible

Whipping Boy (Current Employee)

ProsSnyder's of Hanover was a very good company that had much going for it. Since the merger, all they care about is stock price. Which, all the SR. executives have a stake. So, the idea of empowering employees has gone by the wayside. Now, even with SOH executives, the only concern is how hard we can make our people work so we can get ours... Not very transparent. Sorry, this was supposed to be pros'.

ConsLeadership is not existent. "just do it" is not leadership. Too many "yes" men. Leadership really does not care about the people. Who goes to an outside agency to create your company values and then says, "here they are, live em". Company is prime to be sold as current leadership is incapable of understanding true leadership and how to get results.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your values to - Could careless about employees, stab your friends in the back, employees are pawns, show me the money etc.

Decent Company

ProsSince of community in some segments

ConsNepotism in many pockets post merger

Power trip supervisors

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsIt use to be a good company.

ConsHorrible management, all the long term employees are getting treated horrible!

Advice to Senior ManagementEver since the merger, new supervisor lets the title get to his head, I've been with the company for 25 years and they're making me do new hire work. All because I didn't see the jobs on the bulletin, and his only response was, don't forget next time. What a bunch of crap. I think it's a whole lot of race issues. Spoke with the supervisor and he does nothing but gives everyone else hours. You're making the wrong mistake by firing the good ones and letting the bums come to work.

Bad experiences in Direct Store Delivery System!

ProsGreat Products,,Good Benefits,Good Mid-Level Management

ConsThe worst DSD company in the market. On-going service issues,out of stocks,poor display execution.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the Independent Operator delivery system , and go back to company owned routes.

It was a great job to have at Lance.

Martial Handler (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsI worked only four days a week.

ConsHolidays had to work long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no place like the old Lance.It used to be a Winner.

Workforce is thin and everyone is stressed to the max, those who want work-life balance get worked out...

ProsI have personally learned a lot working here because you have to wear 10 hats as they keep staff lean. Training was actually excellent for my dept.

ConsThe nicest people keep getting quietly let go or forced out which makes for BAD morale. Workloads are unbearable and stressful.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the people you've invested in. Educate public on major packaging changes like Lance- people don't recognize it.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Snyder's-Lance? Contribute to the Community!