Snyder's-Lance

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Carl E. Lee

Pros
  • Since the merger, all they care about is stock price(in 4 reviews)

• When you purchase a route you are essentially buying a stream of income - which is fine(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • A living with no benefits at all(in 3 reviews)

• The paperwork on buying the routes says they will provide someone to run your route for a charge for you to take a vacation(in 6 reviews)

Power trip supervisors

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsIt use to be a good company.

ConsHorrible management, all the long term employees are getting treated horrible!

Advice to Senior ManagementEver since the merger, new supervisor lets the title get to his head, I've been with the company for 25 years and they're making me do new hire work. All because I didn't see the jobs on the bulletin, and his only response was, don't forget next time. What a bunch of crap. I think it's a whole lot of race issues. Spoke with the supervisor and he does nothing but gives everyone else hours. You're making the wrong mistake by firing the good ones and letting the bums come to work.

Bad experiences in Direct Store Delivery System!

ProsGreat Products,,Good Benefits,Good Mid-Level Management

ConsThe worst DSD company in the market. On-going service issues,out of stocks,poor display execution.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the Independent Operator delivery system , and go back to company owned routes.

Good for Sheep!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsAt one point there was a very entrepenorial spirit and employees encouraged to pursue ideas and opportunities.

ConsWith the 'merger' the leadership is interested in retaining 'followers' who will comply with stale practices of the past and not rock the boat.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire, promote, and retain the best and create a culture that challenges the status quo.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

ibo don't you mean employee's

IBO (Current Employee) Augusta, GA

Proswork by yourself and at your pace.

Cons15 years of dsd experience, i have never worked for or with a company that the chain of command had no morals or ethics. They will lie to your face. i am not sure how that they sleep at night.they only want to sell the brands that they own and not their partner brands, because they make bonus off of the company brands. i am all about money also but why carry the partner brands if you aren't going to push them, or allow the ibo's to push them. managment makes money for the local dc but cost the company thounsands. i.e. sells pallets locally for 1.50 then the company has to buy new ones to be able to ship our product at a cost of at least 8.00 a pallet for a net loss of 6.50 a pallet. i hope that nobody hear has stock with this company.

Advice to Senior Managementgive your team some morals and ethics training and while your at it give yourself some, if by chance you don't know anything about these problems then shame on you and you should fire yourselfs for not doing your jobs. come out of your office and check out the real world mr lee

Upsetting

IBO (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsCan grow your potential. Somewhat decent pay.

ConsNo training to new employees. Health Insurance is a joke. Communication to IBO's is lacking to say the least. Set cutoffs make it near impossible to give your customers the time and attention each store needs and deserves.District Managers and IBO's are overworked and under compensated for the hassles that Snyders doesn't handle but always has a new excuse for. Company name almost completely tarnished. Protected area only protected from other Snyders- Lance employees. Customers are easily able to get our product from other distributors which seriously cuts into our pay. We are the ones to lose money in all areas as in stale product, promotional discounts to customers, Management does not back nor support the route reps. Turnover is ridiculous.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease understand who is out here making you your money, Make it somewhat worthwhile to the IBO's. Provide training to employees so that they may last longer than a year and ruin their credit in the process. Stale product, promotional credits and other losses the IBO incurred should not be solely the loss of the IBO. Stand behind your Employees. A chance at being successful is all we want. Are the profits you are receiving now worth all of the risks that are being taken. Customers have a real bad taste in their mouth with the company as a whole because they are not being taken care of because of lack of support from the company and they will find other ways of getting the product. A certain major chain account is already throwing Lance out of their stores. Unfortunately this is just the beginning of that.

Been there

IBook (Current Employee)

ProsNo pro since merger, I was there 11 yrs before the merger, pretty good pay and benefits now nothing

ConsThey sell you exclusive rights to a territory and then sell over top of you to the large stores and cut your pay example they just sent a pallet of crackers and a pallet of fries to one of my stores I made 446.00 dollars In a sister store they had sent in a pallet of crackers before I staled 20 cases at a cost to me of 558.00 dollars

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your ducks in a row or pay the price , you are using and abusing ppl terrible place!!!

sales rep

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Culpeper, VA

Prosno time clock to punch

Consowner operater all expenses on employee

Company went down the drain

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsThey have Good Products to sale

ConsWhen Snyder's bought Lance and pretended it was a merger it all started to go downhill. Nothing that was told to us to make us buy the routes was true. They make it sound good but it is very bad. If you subtract all the expenses from the money brought in it is a very poor living. A living with no benefits at all. The paperwork on buying the routes says they will provide someone to run your route for a charge for you to take a vacation. When you ask about that they more or less laugh at you. Long hours and very poor management. Never answer there phone when you need them but are quick to call you when they need something. They seem to try to find more ways to hurt you than to help you.

No room for growth at all

(Current Employee) Columbus, GA

ProsWeekly paycheck and access to snacks

ConsMy experience at Lance has been one of great disappointment. I have found that there is no room whatsoever for advancement. I have trained people with less work experience than I and they have been successful in advancing in positions that I applied and qualified for, but were not available to me. I have been told that I did not have the right experience, but the people that were hired for the positions had similar or less experience than me. My work experience, education, and training means nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo some internal investigation on the diversity of positions in Columbus, Georgia.

Toxic Workplace

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsProducts, Lance history, charlotte location

ConsEnvironment and lack of business ethics

Advice to Senior ManagementSnyder's leaders are challenged with ethics. Merger of equals is a farce. Lance acquisition was met with hostility, Lack of vision and communication is creating havoc, which is apparent in recent results. Suspect this will end badly. 3 years is the best they can do for long term vision. Was at one time a good place to work.

Dave spent years upgrading talent and image in the organization and sold out in 2010 to achieve personal and crony monetary goals. Singer and his cronies are counting their money as they continue to allow the Snyder's cowboys to run the organization in the ground. Degrade in talent and ethics is shocking. Senior leaders exiting were turn around agents since 2005, now they are "over qualified". Current mantra is "we don't need that level of talent". All functions are moving to Hanover, PA. Charlotte HDQ will be eliminated in 2012.

Worked for Snyder's-Lance? Contribute to the Community!