Soak Nail Spa
www.soaklounge.com Reno, NV 16 to 50 Employees

Soak Nail Spa Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

If your looking for a busy job...this is it. But you have to want to work!

Receptionist (Current Employee)
    Reno, NV

ProsThe staff is amazing. We laugh all the time and I really feel supported. I have made lots of my best friends here.. My co workers are very supportive and flexible with scheduling. We are well taken care of and listened to.

ConsThis place can get crazy busy. You have to be able to handle several things at once. It is sometimes hard to get time off during the busy season.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe would enjoy some more field trips...

An extremely disappointing business model with false intentions.

Receptionist (Former Employee)
    Reno, NV

ProsAs one would hope, working in a nail salon, nail services were free. But only $40 worth per month unless your handed out extra perks for doing something nice for the manager. The girls that manage to get hired are all very cool and the quality of their work is excellent.

ConsCommunication is encouraged yet problems are never fixed unless you do it yourself. Management serves as regular nail techs on the salon floor and leave hours before closing so they are often unavailable when needed. Therefore, receptionists fill the management roles but are not compensated for the extra responsibility. Receptionists bartend and wait on clientele and receive no tips or a portion of each services gratuities. The techs just assume that the reception will clean up after each client. It is a thankless role in the salon.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaking your employees feel as though they should be thanking you for their job, doesn't contribute to a healthy work environment. As an employer, you should be thanking your employees for their hard work. Never assume that you, as the owner, have nothing to learn. Assuming that you are superior to your employees creates hostility. Each employee should be properly interviewed (by the owner) and after taking the time to get to know each employee, their strengths and skills can be utilized instead of depreciated.

Worked for Soak Nail Spa? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Soak Nail Spa reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Soak Nail Spa employees.