Soak Nail Spa

www.soaklounge.com
  www.soaklounge.com

Soak Nail Spa Reviews

CEO

If your looking for a busy job...this is it. But you have to want to work!

Current Employee - Receptionist in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Reno, NV

I have been working at Soak Nail Spa part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The staff is amazing. We laugh all the time and I really feel supported. I have made lots of my best friends here.. My co workers are very supportive and flexible with scheduling. We are well taken care of and listened to.

Cons

This place can get crazy busy. You have to be able to handle several things at once. It is sometimes hard to get time off during the busy season.

We would enjoy some more field trips...

An extremely disappointing business model with false intentions.

Former Employee - Receptionist in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Reno, NV

I worked at Soak Nail Spa full-time (less than an year)

Pros

As one would hope, working in a nail salon, nail services were free. But only $40 worth per month unless your handed out extra perks for doing something nice for the manager. The girls that manage to get hired are all very cool and the quality of their work is excellent.

Cons

Communication is encouraged yet problems are never fixed unless you do it yourself. Management serves as regular nail techs on the salon floor and leave hours before closing so they are often unavailable when needed. Therefore, receptionists fill the management roles but are not compensated for the extra responsibility. Receptionists bartend and wait on clientele and receive no tips or a portion of each services gratuities. The techs just assume that the reception will clean up after each client. It is a thankless role in the salon.

Making your employees feel as though they should be thanking you for their job, doesn't contribute to a healthy work environment. As an employer, you should be thanking your employees for their hard work. Never assume that you, as the owner, have nothing to learn. Assuming that you are superior to your employees creates hostility. Each employee should be properly interviewed (by the owner) and after taking the time to get to know each employee, their strengths and skills can be utilized instead of depreciated.