Soasta
www.soasta.com Mountain View, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Soasta Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2014

Tom Lounibos

SOASTA is a great place to work.

Enterprise Test Architect (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsFast passed atmosphere. Very rewarding if you are a technology professional especially in the performance engineering discipline. They very much appreciate and reward for good performance!! I am very happy here and have recommend two friends/colleagues, one has been hired and the second is very deep into the process!!

ConsCan throw newbees into the thick of things quickly but that is not necessarily a bad thing as they need to be sure everyone can handle the work to be done.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep going like we are.

Great Company, Great Products, Great People, Strong upward momentum

Professional Services (Current Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

ProsCulture of innovation and leadership. Currently in an expansion phase with lots of opportunities for growth. Well run Company by seasoned leadership with a strong innovative small company culture

ConsMountain view space is limited due to rapid expansion, however these are good signs of growth

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Refreshing, Fun and actually Exciting

Performance Engineer/Professional Services (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsAfter 15 years of HP/Mercury, I was looking for a change. A previous coworker with similar experience had started with this company and was really excited about it. I ended my current project, and jumped on board. This company is where Mercury Interactive was about 10 years ago. Full of life, Exciting, and working very hard to set the world on fire. As a consultant in the field, its very refreshing, when I do have a problem, to pick up the phone or email, and get an immediate response and usually a solution to my problem rather than going into the HP help queue. The tools are very capable. The methodology is solid. Tom (Lounibos CEO) has a true vision and has picked several like minded people to run the company. It's rare in this industry to find a company you'd like to retire with, but I think I might have found it. Benefits are good, pay is comparable if not highly competitive. One other thing to note, the company is family oriented. A couple of months after starting with SOASTA, I had a family emergency. It took several weeks to work through it, but there was never any pressure or negative issues with management. The exact words were, "Take care of your family needs, we'll cover your projects. Don't worry about anything."

ConsProfessional Services (my box of chocolates) is a new expansion for SOASTA. There are some minor growing pains, but as the methodology evolves, and the training expands, we're having less and less issues. With over a year at this company, I've really got no complaints. Issues that have arisen have been resolved quickly and fairly. I guess my only real complaint is that, as a traveling consultant, I don't get to our home office very often for the celebration events.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider adding a few more days to the PTO pool.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Quintessential Silicon Valley software startup becoming a global enterprise w/ bleeding edge Tools + Process + People.

Senior Business Development (Current Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

Pros+ Seasoned Executive Team ~ Founders ~ Board of Directors.

+ Military grade software engineering with a strong focus on user-centered design.

+ Unified Platform elegantly blending the top 3 trends in technology: Cloud Computing + Mobile + In-memory, Big Data Analytics.

+ Leading clients in enterprise, mid-market, and emerging ventures across vertical and horizontal markets worldwide.

+ Gartner and IDC Analysts Firms rank SOASTA as a Leader within the Quality Assurance: Tool / Services Sector.

+ Designed for any budget with diverse delivery options that include: On-premise platforms, SaaS, and managed services programs covering short and long-term engagements.

+ Global team full of talented, passionate, and dedicated professionals.

+ Robust global channel and technology partnerships that continue to rapidly expand. Excellent partnership opportunities for HP-Mercury Interactive channel sales and technology partners globally.

+ Confidence and pride selling solutions that rapidly deliver extreme value impacting both the top and bottom line.

+ Truly Disruptive Innovation and Thought Leadership.

+ Rewarding compensation for Top Sales Leaders.

ConsRapidly evolving global enterprise, management team, solution portfolio, delivery programs, go-to-market strategy, evolving market / sector requirements, competition, and performance expectations across all divisions and for each employee.

These are actually excellent attributes for intelligent, aggressive, and seasoned sales executives. Weak performers may classify these attributes as Cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with the mercenary-like focus on dominating this sector globally, expanding channel-professional services-technology partnerships, and focus on speed-to-market with product management, engineering / design, quality control, solution delivery, and technology integration.

Smart people, great product

Marketing Director (Former Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

ProsThis was my fourth start-up and it was a fantasy to work with such a seasoned (read: older) team. The company rewards initiative and creative thinking. I found people to be easily approachable and collaborative, and the company itself to be lacking in politics -- perhaps because we were too busy just getting things done?!

The location, on Castro St. in Mountain View, is a technologist and foodie's dream.

ConsThere are never enough hours in the day to get everything done.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the innovation!

Cut throat quick results mentality

Sales (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

Prosgood product and sw testing solution. smart employees

Conssmall startup with short term results mindset. Not a good place to plan on having a long term career. Everyone kisses the CEO's butt and if you look at him the wrong way your done. Not a place where employees are viewed as long term assets. No upward career path.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to change the mindset and culture and place a higher value on the hard working employees.

Soasta Software Engineer Interview by Busy Interviewers

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

ProsIt is a very good company with good fortune at a very good location

Cons-very bad technical recruiters.
    -very bad time management skills by their interviewers.
    - ruthless behavior in onsite interview

Advice to Senior ManagementRethink your interviewing process. Call right candidates for onsite else don't waste time of both for applicant & interviewers. Serious time management training required for your employers. They don't call in time for interview & they don't behave well.

Great product, dysfunctional sales organization

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

ProsBest in class technology and great co-workers. Its a pleasant enough place to work at, there is no micromanagement.

ConsNo Saas offering, they primarily sell services. Frequent changes in sales focus, compensation plan and territories. Heavy turnover of new hires.

Worked for Soasta? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Soasta reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Soasta CEO Tom Lounibos. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Soasta employees.