Social Work Reviews

Updated November 13, 2014
2 reviews filtered by
2.2
CEO

A good company to work for as a contractor while looking for work.

Former Employee - Contract Social Worker in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Contract Social Worker in Denver, CO

I worked at Social Work

Pros

Working as a contracted professional, you get exposure to agencies in the community to see what it would be like to work there and test the waters. The Social Work PRN contact person was so helpful, friendly, and professional, and always available to answer my questions. She was very responsive.

Cons

In this economy, it was a barrier for an employer to consider hiring me through Social Work PRN because of the fee they would have to pay to hire me. However, if the company wanted to keep a contractor working through the agency, the fee may be reduced based on the number of hours you put in with that company.

Do labor market surveys to gather information on whether companies use nurses vs. social workers. Nurses are in demand and I am curious if companies are hiring nurses in positions (like case mgmt positions) that are more suited for social workers. If this is true, Social Work PRN might just have to do more aggressive education and marketing with employers to help them understand how social workers can meet their needs vs. nurses--educate them on the specialized training that social workers have.

2. poor leadership, poor management

I have been working at Social Work

Pros

free lunch; free parking; above average salary

Cons

lack of management; lack of support; employees are dispensable

care about your employees