SocialChorus
www.socialchorus.com San Francisco, CA 16 to 50 Employees

SocialChorus Reviews

Greg Shove

Great start up with a good product and people

Product Manager (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsGood culture, fun people, doing well in their market / category. I enjoy coming in to work every day, which is saying a lot.

ConsIt's a start up. So there's always a lot of work to be done and never enough people to do it. You either love that kind of environment or you don't.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove offices, current ones are showing their age.

Good people and a solid idea, but misguided by management and investors.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsThe people who work there are all great and enjoy spending time together both during and after work. Unlike some startups they're serious about maintaining a life-work balance and almost always work 9-6 days.

ConsProduct was riddled with bugs and didn't seem to be improving over time. It's a solid idea, but that only goes so far. Employee turnover was very high.

SocialChorus is the leader in advocacy marketing and technology

Senior Enterprise Sales Director (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsStrong leadership and vision. Incredible revenue growth. Smart and motivated teams

ConsWith the growth of all the teams our office is now full, but looks like we will be expanding soon.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Startup at an Optimistic Turning Point

San Francisco, CA

ProsVery great people to work with with everyone being very open and accessible. The Product and Development teams are trying to build a work culture that emphasizes best work practices and skill-learning rather than getting the working its employees as hastily as possible. I feel like my time is respected despite being an employee for less than a year.

ConsThe company is going through some growing pains and has been expanding as a company and a business. Several new hires coming in and no stopping in sight. I'm both excited and anxious to see if SocialChorus can make a transition to being a larger company that can handle a lot more employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the product of high quality and not rely on roughly created features sets to sell it.

Big time advocate for SocialChorus. This leading advocate marketing solution is comprised of a great team!

San Francisco, CA

ProsEngaged management team, enthusiastic workers, and an exciting product!

ConsThe office does not always run it's heater in the winter time.

Young bright minds who are continually evolving social media advocacy marketing.

San Francisco, CA

ProsOpen office environment, approachable management, younger atmosphere, involvement in the success of a growing company

ConsYour typical start up tech issues while trying to perfect a product

SocialChorus Works As A Team To Achieve Company Goals

ProsAt SocialChorus everyone is working towards the same goal, becoming the best advocate marketing platform in the industry. Being apart of a start up you are not only noticed for all of your hard work but you get the opportunity to interact with everyone from interns to C-Level Executives. SocialChorus is a learning environment where team work and creative thinking are highly encouraged.
    If you are looking for a fast pace, agile company that is growing rapidly I would highly suggest looking into a potential career at SocialChorus.

ConsThere is no con to working at SocialChorus except for the fact that we have been growing so rapidly that we have now outgrown our office space and are looking to relocate come this new year.

Quickly growing startup in a fun industry

San Francisco, CA

ProsSocialChorus is growing quickly as the advocate marketing space fires up, and the company is well positioned to be the #1 or #2 in the category. If you're looking for a company where you'll learn a lot by jumping in and "doing" this would be a good place for you. The culture is pretty ambitious and most employees take initiative by taking things on that they don't 100% understand - resulting in good experience and many learning opportunities. This also means there is a strong "learn from your mistakes" "try anything once" culture, event at the executive level which helps provide the extra courage to try something new. The people are pretty young (mostly 20's other than upper management) and like to have fun. There's a fair amount of social activities. In some capacity everyone works with large, innovative brands that are SocialChorus customers, which is pretty exciting and interesting. The CEO is very open and honest, sharing as much as he can and addresses most issues head on instead of skirting around them or hiding behind email.

ConsThe product still has some growing up to do and is buggy. The current office is small/old and can get really loud. Engineers get a better experience than other employees: free meals, hour long lunches and set working hours. There is very little training and guidance unless you are a developer. Eyes are sometimes taken off the ball to focus on "shiny pennies" that won't necessary drive the business forward.

Fast-paced, supportive, interesting, rapidly growing space/company, fun.

Product (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsEveryone here is extremely friendly and supportive. I'm comfortable and feel like I can be myself. There's also a lot of opportunity to grow and dictate how I want my career and role here to unfold. My manager is a great mentor. This is a very collaborative environment and I know that my voice is being heard even though I'm a junior member of the team. Great work -life balance as well.

ConsThere's a significant division between the developers and sales/marketing/services. There certainly isn't any animosity at all, but different cultures have developed between different sectors in the company and there isn't a lot of overlap. Everyone is supportive, but people are generally friends with those from their own team rather than branching out.

Fun, enthusiastic, ambitious

ProsThe people are the best part. They care about you and want to see you succeed. Also the product is pretty awesome. It is in the middle of taking off and big things will come from SocialChorus soon!

ConsLike in most startups, there is a lot to do which makes things confusing. But as more position are added and the company grows this should be fixed.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement invest their time into their employees and they want to see you succeed whether it is at SocialChorus or another company.

Worked for SocialChorus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SocialChorus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SocialChorus CEO Greg Shove. All 23 reviews posted anonymously by SocialChorus employees.