Socialarc

Updated Mar 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Aaron Mann

Great place to gain experience, but environment can be tumultuous

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood place to start to gain professional experience. Junior staff is generally talented and energetic. Upper management (e.g., Group Account Directors, VP's, etc.) is generally very supportive of junior team members. Close-knit group that helps support one another through the ups and downs of the agency. CEO provides team members with room to grow, though to a limit.

ConsIncredibly volatile and emotional CEO who often micro-manages and fails to fully recognize, appreciate, and support upper management and junior staff. Company direction is lacking focus, feels short-sighted, and switches every few months. Junior team is limited in client interaction, specifically when it comes to presenting and developing marketing plans, due to strong upper hand from CEO.

Advice to Senior ManagementCEO needs to be more trusting of upper management and junior team. Upper management needs to be given room to provide more direction for the company, and allow their junior team to have more freedom. More collaboration needs to be encouraged and welcomed.

low paying and absolutely no opportunities for growth

Digital Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) Emeryville, CA

Prosupper management tries their best to build office culture

Cons- low paying (probably lowest base salary in the bay area)
    - no opportunities for growth
    - been around this many years and team is barely growing...not a good sign for a start up

Advice to Senior Managementput employees in a position to learn and grow

"Agency" of crazy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLet me think on that...

ConsThe CEO is neurotic and hostile. The environment is one of the worst I have ever worked in with expectations ridiculous mainly because none of the management has worked for agencies or been in social. They read blogs and change their mind every 5 min....

Advice to Senior ManagementGo work for a real agency

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Corporate social media

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsEast Bay location; lots of experience with agency

ConsPoor management, corporate clients, high stress

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training and communication

Worked for Socialarc? Contribute to the Community!