Society Insurance

Updated Feb 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rick Parks

Best environment, best co-workers, great flexibility and benefits

I have been working at Society Insurance full-time for more than a year

ProsEnvironment and co-workers: It is the most welcoming and friendly environment I've ever experienced. My co-workers are very supportive. Upper management does not feel like upper management. The CEO knows almost everyone by name and could probably tell you everyone's first born child's name. He genuinely cares about you as an individual and is very supportive.

Flexibility: Society offers flexible scheduling so employees can have a life outside of work. I held a part-time job on top of my job at Society, and they made it easy to transition from one job to the next.

Benefits: You can't go wrong here. There's an AMAZING 401k company match, a pension, and low premiums for health, dental and vision insurance. Society does what they can to help me develop as a professional and further my career.

ConsYou may be the butt of a couple of jokes. Is that awful? No, but it's really the only con I could think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that all executives are on the same page. Some executives have a "holier than thou" complex.

Society Insurance is a great place to work. Employees are highly valued.

I have been working at Society Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSociety has an awesome benefit package, including pension and a great 40lk match. Work/life balance is taken very seriously. Society does a great job of offering fun opportunities throughout the year. Some examples are the holiday party, company picnic, jeans on Fridays.

ConsEvery company has cons. However, there's nothing worth mentioning at Society.

Soceity Insurance has a great culture that encourages employee growth, development and advanecment.

I have been working at Society Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

ProsCulture, opportunties to grow and advance. Positive work/life balance expectations. Supports community and charitable efforts. Is growing and evolving as an organization. Generous benefits. Good and only getting better. I have really enjoyed being a part of Society's growth and building my career with them.

ConsThere are very few negatives to speak of a Society Insurance.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue pushing forward positively with excellence as the benchmark relative to all decisions.

Great opportunities!

Underwriting Department (Current Employee)

I have been working at Society Insurance

ProsGreat people, career opportunities, flexible scheduling, generous PTO and employee benefits. Society also offers tuition reimbursement and a free health club membership near the office.

ConsSome employees seem to avoid change and adoption of technology advances. There are others that seem to do the bare minimum while others work much harder and longer.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more involved in the community, continue improving communication, offer better healthy foods, make all the supervisors treat employees fairly.

OK company

Workers Compensation Claim Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Society Insurance

ProsSociety does a good job working with employees and creating a work-life balance. There were a lot of clicks which created an uncomfortable workplace. Decent place to work, but not great.

ConsMany clicks. Extremely anal HR department.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with employees to create a better work atmosphere. Work and compensation are not compatable.

Awful

I have been working at Society Insurance

ProsGreat benefits-free health club membership nice

ConsOnly work at this company if you have no other option, HR is aweful and management is negative and any feed back is very subjective and your work will be rated on how much management likes you and not how well you did your work

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees better. Some day the economy will turn around and people will have a choice of where to work and they will leave.

short.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Society Insurance

Prosnice office enviroment, free health clib membership

Conslaid off, department was shut down

Good Employer

I have been working at Society Insurance

ProsEmployees are treated well by managers, supervisors and Society Insurance. Happy to recommend this company to a friend as a place to work.

ConsSome policies and some employees make work more difficult then necessary. I am thankful for the position I have here.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the lines of commuication open. Change can be scary, but less so when you feel like management is beingopen.

Worked for Society Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Society Insurance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Society Insurance CEO Rick Parks. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Society Insurance employees.