Socratic Technologies

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Dr. William "Bill" MacElroy

Great place to work if you have the right boss

ProsLearn a lot - it's a wonderful place to start
    Bosses are NOT micro-managers
    Extremely flexible work hours
    Work-from-home option

ConsExtremely harsh deadlines
    Pay is very poor
    No additional monetary/non-monetary incentives to work
    People come and go like exodus

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the office more fun and improve pay to retain good talents

Great place to start

Research Associate (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsVery open environment. Easy to communicate with superiors. Small and unbeurocratic

ConsMediocre compensation, lot's of tight deadlines and long hours, 'unlimited' time off but with guilt culture surrounding it so you never quite feel comfortable taking it.

Advice to Senior ManagementFormalize vacation time. Pay better and make it easier to keep a regular 40 hr work week. Too many people burn out and leave the company for better opportunities elsewhere. Figure out how to keep talent around.

review

Proslots of autonomy for all

Conspace, constant work, hotheads, lack of professionalism

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Long hours and unpleasant culture

(Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to learn all of the nuts and bolts of online research - you have to because processes are quite manual and staffing is light. Project directors have broad responsibility for most aspects of a research project.

Unlimited vacation is great in theory, but with staffing so light it's hard to take time off.

ConsPay is low relative to the industry, hours are long, training is all informal, and middle and senior management can be unpleasant/unprofessional in their interactions with staff.

Turnover is higher than many management consultancy firms due to poor moral, burn out, and unpleasant culture.

Manual processes and lack of formal training of analyst staff hurts quality of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe self-admitted values of senior management "I don't care if I'm liked as long as I'm respected" cause poor morale and unhealthy/inappropriate workplace interaction.

Worked for Socratic Technologies? Contribute to the Community!