Sodexo

Updated August 15, 2014
3.1

Sodexo CEO Michel Landel
Michel Landel

Pros
  • Good benefits work balance is sometimes hard to achieve (in 12 reviews)

• Free meal with every full shift, opportunities for growth (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Top heavy retain upper management above unit even though lost accounts (in 11 reviews)

• At least there was not a lot of room for advancement in my area (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Internship Opportunities for Event Sales

Current Employee - Event Sales in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Event Sales in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Sodexo as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The company is very accommodating to your schedule which makes this a wonderful opportunity for students. The Event Sales team will also include you in all aspects of planning an event from responding to sales inquiries, creating proposals and floor plans, and the overall set-up and tear-down.

Cons

If there are too many interns at once with little work to get done, the environment can become monotonous and frustrating at times.

None

Fair on all Accounts

Current Employee - Server in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Server in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Sodexo part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay was more than fair. The opportunities for benefits, tuition reimbursement, etc was readily available. Management was always available.

Cons

There was not a lot of room for advancement. At least there was not a lot of room for advancement in my area. Also much of the work I did was seasonal.

It is a great job but has little room for advancement.

Current Employee - Suite Server in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Suite Server in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Sodexo

Pros

The money was excellent. The work environment was pleasant and management was easy to communicate with. If your plan is to be a long term employee they have many helpful programs.

Cons

There is favoritism with some of the management and certain employees. During events management is not always as accessible as necessary.

You do a great job at recognizing employees for achievements and the opportunity for effective communication is common. Some employees are shown quite a bit of favoritism.

It's a job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Sodexo

Pros

All I can say is that it's a job in a bad economy. People do have to eat so it is probably not a job that will go away.

Cons

I've only worked at one Sodexo location so I don't know if it is any different at other but the pay is poor, the manager never has a good word for anything and you have to work six years before you get more than 5 days vacation.

It doesn't hurt to say someone has done something good on occasion. Constant criticism helps no one and only leads to constant turnover of staff.

Sodexo Photos