Sodexo

Sodexo Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Sodexo CEO Michel Landel

Michel Landel

Pros:
  • "with good benefits that usually supplied you with the tools to do your job"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Flexible shifts, great co-workers, friendly outgoing customers at my particular account, short commute, low hiring standard, free meals"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "No employee input, terrible hours, no room for advancement"
    in 4 reviews
  • "The two ladies in upper management are very sketchy and don't care about anyone"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

My experience was very positive and there are great people working for Sodexho.

Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at Sodexo full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThere is always opportunity for learning.

ConsNeeded a bit more life balance at the time.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

I think Sodexo is a company that's allows growth within the company.

Executive Chef (Current Employee)
Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Sodexo full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI believe that if you cross train on other positions your value is rewarded.

ConsI think the con from this company is that creativity is limited.

For corporate management positions...

I have been working at Sodexo

ProsGreat people, good culture, decent pay and benefits. In some cases, flexible work arrangements and working virtually is on option.

ConsVery big (not really a "con"), not always committed to developing current employees to be promoted from within. Tends to be traditional top-down leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen up more two-way channels for employee ideas and innovation (and then a way to act on them as appropriate). Consider implementing an internal social media tool to leverage all the great expertise you have at all levels of Sodexo.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Work Environment, building relationships and gaining life skills.

Student Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Sodexo as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsWorking for Sodexo I build great relationships, had extensive on the site job training and leadership training, management team was relatable and wiling to work with employees. Free meal with every full shift, opportunities for growth. Health benefits for FT employees.

Conscan be stressful, it is working in a kitchen. Not all locations are actually as great as the location I worked at, I had an outstanding management team leading our account.

This company is a terrible place to work, stresful, managament does not waste time with veterans knowlegable workers.

Mailroom Operations (Current Employee)
Trumbull, CT

I have been working at Sodexo full-time for less than a year

ProsThey gave me the shirts and Safety papers for Cafeteria.

ConsSodexo took maintanence and mailroom . Our customer ( Unilever) refuses to work with them in daily decisions. Since the company is new in maintanence and mailroom they bring managment from others places. They come, change and go in a week, they are unaprochable in helping the customer. Our safety literature is aim for cafeteria operations.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with people, put someone in charge who knows the job, no a cafeteria manager.

A lot of work mixed with being misled.

I have been working at Sodexo

ProsWorked for a great GM and DOO in terms of personality.

ConsA lot of gray area, never really sure which direction the unit was headed. Tried to turn the unit level into a corporate style environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrim the fat. There are a lot of useless individuals that can and should be let go.

Run fast as you can, Sodexo does not practice diversity and inclusion at all. Big smoke screen

Chef Manager (Former Employee)
Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Sodexo full-time for more than 5 years

ProsOnly thing likeable was some of the hourly staff and the residents

ConsDistrict Managers and GM show not respect had different rules based on nationality. The GM was bias to a point that the clients employees would ask how can you work for her. They allow one long term cook to run them. So afraid of one State inspector that they try to set me up to lose my job if she was found anything. District Manager was GM friend so she did no wrong. She mostly lied to save herself and just hid in her office on the phone or texting her family. District Manager once told hourly staff he was going to bring them some ghetto juice.

Advice to Senior ManagementSTOP ALLOWING THE PRATICE OF BIAS TO REMAIN IN YOUR COMPANY YET CLAIM TO BE A DIVESIFIED COMPANY. IT IS KNOWN THAT THIS IS HAPPENING.

Former GM and OM

General Manager (Former Employee)
Harrisburg, PA

I worked at Sodexo full-time for more than a year

ProsWhat I learned was how effective I was as a leader. Without being placed in a Management role I would not have seen that. It's whats in you as a person that matters. See the value in employees and not just a "labor" force. I treated the employees equally with dignity and respect. With that, you gain respect and the employees value themselves which carries over to work. Sodexo doesn't get that. There is definitely a "class" system within Management. Its a culture driven from the top. Employees are expendable.

ConsWorking in the Senior Living division is dysfunctional to say the least. Constant turn over. I took over an account that spit up and chewed up 5 previous General Managers. Before making any decisions about joining Sodexo stay away from Senior Living. Its a sinking ship. The Administrators at these facilities are the arm pullers. If they don't like you for whatever reason- you're done at that account. It's all about preserving the account not YOU. What's ironic is that Sodexo spends a lot of time and resources to train it's managers only to place them in volatile environments and have them either leave, burn out or the client wants them gone. I was thankful for the opportunity but quickly realized I was a pawn in a big game of chess. That chessboard is not only Senior Living but within the Hospital Division as well as I found out.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoesn't matter. Changes need to happen from the top and they don't...at least not for the better of the employee. It's all about the bottom line.

either feast or famine

Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sodexo full-time for more than 8 years

ProsWhen you have a district manager that is interested in the unit level it helps
free meals
They try to keep staff as long as possible, except for management

ConsLack of district support
Corporate only looks at numbers and not letting management make the unit unique
Way too much corporate micromanaging

Advice to Senior Managementbe in the units more, every account is different, just like the college we serve. Let management foster that and create better client/Sodexo relationships

Good life/work balance

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sodexo full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLife/work balance, great business resource groups, the management is hands on and approachable.

ConsLow pay, low increases with promotions. Not a lot of company sponsored team building events.

Worked for Sodexo? Contribute to the Community!

Sodexo Videos

Sodexo – Why Work for Us?

​ ​ ​​​​ ​​For Jobs in the USA...​​ ​ ​For Sodexo Global Jobs...​​​ ​ ​​Why choose Sodexo? Sodexo was founded by Pierre Bellon in 1966 in Marseilles, France and is today… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sodexo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sodexo CEO Michel Landel. All 246 reviews posted anonymously by Sodexo employees.