Sodexo Reviews

Reset
2.2
Sodexo CEO Michel Landel
Michel Landel

Pros
  • Good benefits work balance is sometimes hard to achieve (in 12 reviews)

• free meal for food service managers (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management positions rarely posted (in 12 reviews)

• No employee input, terrible hours, no room for advancement (in 6 reviews)

1. Helper Floor positions

Former Employee - Student Worker in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Student Worker in Denver, CO

I worked at Sodexo part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the place where you get to meet lot of people from variety of backgrounds. I was a student and worked part-time there which helped me a lot with my tuition bills. Managers are real helpful in increasing the flexibility of the schedules.

Cons

Work load is little too much. Some people don't even care to do their part. At the end we'll end up doing that.

Advice to Management

Pls consider everyone's opinion

2. It is a great company to work for.

Former Employee - Barista in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Barista in Denver, CO

I worked at Sodexo

Pros

Competitive pay. Uniforms provided to you. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Student workers not pushed by management to actually work.

Advice to Management

Student workers should be treated as normal employees.

One star for Sodexo at University of Denver

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sodexo part-time

Pros

Co-workers are great - not managers nor anyone in management; they feed a lot of students.

Cons

Snotty management, incompetent people promoted into management, poor food & service standards. Their work in the dorms and other food areas is pretty bad - unimaginative and formulaic food. The new managers they hired for the sports venues have run the place into the ground - their 'leadership' sucks and they can't keep food in the stands, running out of basics like soda flavors, pretzels and pizza - do you not know how to plan for a 6,000 attendee event? Don't you know how to order so you don't run out of product? A great school like the University of Denver, their students and those who attend events at the school deserve much better than the piss-poor management who run Sodexo for the school.

Advice to Management

Figure out how to up your game or get out of it altogether; you should be embarrassed by what goes on under your purview. Stop acting like jerks - no one wants to work for you and that should be the biggest hint of all; however, none of you seem smart enough to take that hint. Fix the wrongs at the sports venues - yesterday's Avs hockey game was a total disaster and you and the stands seemed totally unprepared; how do you run out of the basics? Were you even aware that there was an event that would run during lunchtime and people would be eating? Again, the University deserves much better than what you're dishing out. For a University that embraces so much good, it's baffling to me that they would continue to contract with Sodexo - who only seems to care about making a cheap buck off their lousy food.

5. Great foodservice company

Former Employee - General Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - General Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Sodexo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

good benefits, professional environment, quality is paramount to Sodexo. If you have talent, the upper managment sees it and cares enough to give you opportunities to improve and grow with the company.

Cons

I worked on the corporate services side --so we always had weekend and nights off, as well as holidays (which is unheard of in the foodservice industry). Not alot of opportunity for promotions as the market was not too big in this city.

Advice to Management

Get out of your office and work with your staff --learn who they are!! Keep the passion for quality strong!

Sodexo Response

Apr 11, 2014 – Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

Thank you for posting your review and for your 10+ years of service at Sodexo! I'm happy to hear your time with us was rewarding and provided you the growth opportunities and work/life balance that ... More

6. Receently Emplyeed

Current Employee - Food Service Supervisor in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Food Service Supervisor in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sodexo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My upper Management is aware of the effort that is put forth by it's employees and promotes from within.

Cons

Sometimes the communication can be a little lacking, but key communications come when necessary.

7. God Managers are just as important as the client

Current Employee - General Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - General Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sodexo

Pros

I had a great Disrtrict Manager. Th company did provide training both when requested and when new items came up.

Cons

Limited opportunities to transfer between Divisions, Bonuses based on others performance not mine. Bad Client that should have been dropped years ago.

Advice to Management

Reward those who are excelling, Get rid of the Managers who are not. Since you can't give larger bonuses to top performers find other ways to reward them

RSS Feed </> Embed