Sodexo

Sodexo Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Sodexo CEO Michel Landel

Michel Landel

Pros
  • Good benefits work balance is sometimes hard to achieve(in 11 reviews)

• The main plus of working as a food service worker is the free food(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Top heavy retain upper management above unit even though lost accounts(in 10 reviews)

• At least there was not a lot of room for advancement in my area(in 5 reviews)

As an employee for nearly 6 years I felt supported on both personal and professional levels.

Clinical Nutrition Manager (Former Employee)

ProsSodexo understands and supports their Registered Dietitians by providing reimbursement for all credentials & memberships, as well as providing a network for Registered Dietitians to ensure best practice.

ConsI was trying to relocate and was unable to obtain an internal position within my destination area. I had applied to several internal positions but never got past the phone screen phase. I had to leave the company in order to complete my relocation.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease assistance for internal candidates to obtain positions when relocation is necessary/desired.

Great

Technical Evangelist (Current Employee) Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

ProsBest compensation benefits, work health at top.

ConsIf you leave the company, could be too hardc to get same bennefits from another one in this country.

I have worked for Sodexo for 9 years.

ProsSodexo is the number one employer of dietitians. They compensate very well not only in salary, but the total rewards package. They put a lot into training and educating their employees and there is great opportunity for growth.

ConsThey company restructures a lot and they have started to restrict pay increases, merit increases, etc. It is all part of staying viable as a business.

Jul 1, 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review. It's great to hear that you've enjoyed the your overall experience and everything we have to offer. Thank you for your many years of service at ... More
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I like the ideas and ways of doing stuff that sodexo stands for

Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) Kennesaw, GA

Prospromotion opportunities and benefits that help us get dental and medical and vision

Consso people that get put into a leadership position are biased and think for themselves and not for the other people. More than half of the time people are scared to talk about whats been going on because we dont want to get fired or anything else. this is only one company place that i have seen it at but i am hoping that it is not everywhere

Exciting. Very uplifting, fast paced and enjoyable.

Part Time Cook (Former Employee) Bronx, NY

ProsEveryone works as a team. Even management jumps around filling in.

ConsDays can be long, if your not healthy or be able to stand this job is not for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust to keep doing what they do as far as hiring great people.

It has been rewarding and challenging.

General Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat oppertunities and benifits with this company

ConsLots of inhouse resources to help you with your job

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more hands on

Jun 10, 2014

I'm happy to hear you're enjoying your time at Sodexo and have found it to be both rewarding and challenging. Thank you for taking the time to share!

Sodexo Quality of Life Service

General Manager Facilities (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsGood solid stable company to work for.

ConsHaving to relocate to other states.

May 27, 2014

Thank you for your review and your 10+ years of service at Sodexo! We appreciate it and hope you enjoy many more years with us.

Been with Sodexo 10 years

Cashier (Current Employee) Vestal, NY

ProsLove the job and students and how many jobs could you get with summers off!

Consas any other job sometimes Upper mangers Can look down on us,and after Union contract was in place a year later they changed attendance policy never had a write up before Until this year due to medical problems of my child I missed time..and attandance policy was Never explained I blame damn Union tho never told us about changes which I feel should of been voted in..they say it was sodexo call

Advice to Senior ManagementWould be nice to hear good job once in awhile

Excelent

Catering Server (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsLifelong training to carry with me into other positions.

Consworking with people who didn ,'t no the job at all

Advice to Senior Managementcaring and flecible

Apr 21, 2014

I'm happy to hear Sodexo provided you with training that will last throughout your career! We have a strong focus on training and development, so thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Beautiful company to work for, plenty of benefits

Runner1 (Former Employee) Cleveland, TN

ProsI enjoyed being out doors working with people in there own environment and that is exactly what I got in this position. Are all positions this way no, but there are many positions available.

ConsThere were times that the weather outside was a bit cold and you had to deal with it, but they provided warm clothes and awesome coffee.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the Good work, I love SODEXO.

Apr 29, 2014

We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time with Sodexo! If you're ever interested in returning, I would encourage you to join our alumni community Reconnexions. You can find more information on the ... More

Worked for Sodexo? Contribute to the Community!